Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Tea

FDF Islands without FDF Mod

I know that it is possible to use the FDF Islands without the FDF Mod. Can anyone tell me wich files are needed to run the Islands.

Edit:

Ok. The Isalnds are working now, but Al Madajah will not work without the FDF Mod. sad_o.gif

Hope you don´t get it working. And btw don´t throw that ripping the fdf mod in part shit here, it´s against our policies.

The FDF Mod is very nice. Good work mates.

But I dont understand Finnish language, not a bit. Everytime I start the FDF Mod, I have no idea what the hell the AI is talking about. Even when I play with american soldier models, everyone is speaking Finnish. rock.gif

This is the only thing I don`t like in your mod. But if I don`t understand what my team is saying, how should I play this mod.

@ May 17 2005,18:20)]Hope you don´t get it working. And btw don´t throw that ripping the fdf mod in part shit here, it´s against our policies.

where is the problem as long as he does not release it?

Yep. I see no problem by myself. I don`t plan to release anything. No missions, no Islands. I use this only for me and I don`t rip anything in part. rock.gif

Yep. I see no problem by myself. I don`t plan to release anything. No missions, no Islands. I use this only for me and I don`t rip anything in part. rock.gif

No problem then. And about the Finnish voice, if you start to play as American change you player profile´s voice to english speaking one. Also the subtitles and briefings are in english so everyone can understand them.

Thank you, I will try that. smile_o.gif

Edit:

This may work when you play online only. I speak english per default but my AI teammates speak finnish per default. Is there a way to change this?

I dont want to read subtitles, I can hear. That`s no offence to deaf people. In field I don`t use my pager when I want to know what a man 2 meters away is doing. rock.gif

I really shouldn't moan in public but, I think that FDF should release some of their stuff on its own. I like some of their stuff but can't be arsed to download the whole mod.

Not only that, If I want FDF, NamPack and other stuff, memory becomes a problem.

Its got Fcuk all to do with ripping anyone off, I just would like to build some missions with some, but not all of their fine work.

I can understand their point somehow, from the addon-maker's point of view. They want to release one full product that they can update and support easily, and not several split-up addons that would only cause them troubles because people would begin to moan about compatibility issues with other addons/mods.

FDF is a MP mod, they want to have one released version only to make it easy to participate on FDF MP sessions, since you don't have to scroll through thousands of variants without knowing what to really download. I think this is acceptable, and thus we all should accept it.

I can understand their point of view to. But my point of view is, why must I accept that every AI Unit is speaking a language I don`t understand? That can`t be it. blues.gif

Edit:

Sooo, es geht doch. Oh, I meant, it`s working. All FDF Islands without the FDF Mod. Don`t ask how, I wan`t tell noone how it works to not get into trouble with the FDF Mod people. wink_o.gif

You could rename the FinMod/Voice folder to something else (Can't remeber exact name, dont have the mod installed just now), so it will use default OFP voices

- Ben

If you have problems with Finnish people speaking Finnish in a Finnish Defence Forces Mod then don't play it.

Tsk, lazy foreigners are just not used to reading subtitles like we nordics are. tounge_o.gif

If I rename the voice folder the AI is "speechless". This is only one, but a very anoying problem too. I like the FDF Mod, but I totally dislike the fact that the AI is bound to finnish voices.

Looks to me like this topic is going around in circles - the question it was originally created for has been answered. Any further discussion or questions can go in an existing FDF mod thread...