Sign in to follow this  
POPKA

Western Object Pack 1

Hi, Me and Kublai have been making some Western Style Houses, we plan to use them in our second Western style mission called OutlawsII, we wil lbe releasing our object pack sometime in the next couple of weeks smile_o.gif , here are some pictures:

here are the three Mexican style Buildings -

Houses.JPG

The Hangmans noose (will have hanging animation) -

Noose.JPG

The general store -

Store.JPG

the USA large house -

USH.JPG

The saloon -

Saloon.JPG

more pictures soon smile_o.gif , and please dont ask for them to be enterable because i tried and theyre are serious clipping errors, and it took me ages to make the interior

those look interesting well done smile_o.gif

nice to see original addons being made

These look really nice. I just wish we had some good texas rangers and bandits to fight in them. Oh well, maybe some other time.

im waiting for CWMod v2 till i make my mission, It has loads more civilian stuff made by gacvin e.g. a sherrif model,

Are they enterable thats the point?

If not then they are useless , i mean you cant have mission on the outside , these buildings interior are a crucial for that , or so i think smile_o.gif .

Quoted from Lt. Hunter

Quote[/b] ]Some people (*cough*all*cough* ) seem to think that OFP is extremely suited for indoors fighting.

The Ai is worthless due to clipping, and even the player gets clipping errors every once in a while. If buildings are useless, than what is the logical decision to make?

To make the buildings unenterable, prevents problems with created missions (Ai getting stuck), and boosts performance due to lower polycounts.

dose ofp seem designed for indoor fighting? wink_o.gif

anyway i have made an old mine which has a small interior. but its not big enough to have anything apart from a guy or two that can shoot out at you, which is the same for man of the buildings,

Nice project, now we need some bandit faces. biggrin_o.gif

Hmm and i wonder which desert island would be best to place the houses on.

Lookin' great!

At least we need an enterable bank and saloon. Those are a must for cutscenes and missions.

No, ofp ain't designed for indoor fighting, but the player is clever enough to not stand up under the barbedwire crawling training unlike the AI anyways. What the heck does this mean then? We can put AI baddies inside the house, and with larger houses, even have some simple routes for them, and the player can walk around freely and gun them all down.

anyway i have made an old mine which has a small interior. but its not big enough to have anything apart from a guy or two that can shoot out at you, which is the same for man of the buildings

Maybe you could adapt Philcommando's caves for something more interesting... maybe even make them larger and fit a small coal cart rail system based on AEF's train...

Anyway, could you release that cowboy unit? Looks better than any other cowboy unit I've seen so far... smile_o.gif