Sign in to follow this  
Jblack

Modern U.S. Infantry

I thoroughly enjoy using HYK's modern infantry i think they're fantastic.

But as realistic as they're has anybody thought of anything looking better, or will be combat be making their own US. Infantry addons?

I think they (Hik's) are close to the limits of OPF, they already look misplaced in it plus they are a good compromise betwean quality and frame rates, if you can aford it you could consider VBS1 has it seems to handle a good amount of more detail. If not AA doesnt look so bad either tounge_o.gif .

I don't know why there needs to be more US standard infantry, is there is no problem with HYk's units why try and make entirely new units? While Fischkopp needs help scripting and some modeling for the units everyone is screaming for him to finish (LAV, M/CH-53, CH-46, etc) it takes away from the possibility of them being completed when people are trying to remake the wheel. Between several supposed proposals from one of the other USMC mods new units propositions are just getting distracting. And while Laser's latests units aren't regular conventional infantry, they are something that definitely should hold some people's attention for awhile. I see you're new to this forum so I'm not marking this as criticism towards you, but I wish instead of new requests for units that otherwise don't need to be made the help could be directed towards addonmakers who need aid in finishing their work. Just my .2

Except for some vehicles we got about anything we need for US forces. Except maybe some Navy SEALs, but I heard they were being made also(and some great 1980 SEALs).

You got HYK for all your regular infantry needs, Laser's Delta's & Rangers for some SF needs and there is a good USMC pack out. But kman3000 is coming up with some great regular SF units too, cant say when however.

more elite vehicles is what we need!

there isnt a chenowith buggy anywhere.... only a crappy remake

Also more elite marines addons are great to have since we have lots of great marine units!

@marine26thmeu:

Totally agreed with you.

there is absolutly nothign wrong with HYK Units... they have already been pushed as far as they can go... And now that lasers weapons have been updated their perfect.. i cant say i would like to see anything different.

We got :

Conventional Forces

Airbourne

Green Berets

Rangers

Delta Force

what more could you want from an ARMY addon?

somethings we need are just Navy Seals, and Para J's. PJ's could be made just by modifying Lasers guys too.. wouldnt take much work.