Sign in to follow this  
mattmayhem

Technicals

I know, I know, addon idea threads bother me too, however, I saw these on another forum and thought that they would be fitting for OFP, esspecially with the origional resistance theme.

These trucks are "old Dodge 880's and CUC-V's with HMMWV tires added".

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/ScottCunningham/NTC/DSCF0307.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/ScottCunningham/NTC/DSCF0317.jpg

Maybe without the Orange and MILES gear. But a black and maybe a camo or green version of these would be pretty sweet to ride around in. A TOW missle version would be neat aswell. Anyways, just an idea.

no just a army painted jeep! its just a UAZ not a technical, I also want more of those half living, strapped together pieces of shit cars with mounted DSHK HMG's and other stuff like PK or something...

some toyota pickups or nissan's or something, and

YES IM aware of the toyota hilux but its not a good addon! Most addons that are made for this look to good, a real car like that is busted up and rusty as hell...

CSLA II mod i know were making some (check their thread, has some great pics of the technicals). Might be best to ask them if it will be in their upcomming FIA pack or apart of the island they were making which is now on hold

I know that many "technicals" already exist for ofp. I just thought that these particular vehicles were pretty cool. I geuss I should have put a different tittle.

If you use that toyota hilux addon i think it has a bug that will make your game crash in mp when playing a map with vehicles.

Those cars you posted look like they are used by some special force type unit. I would like to see that as well, but it will depend on any addonmaker if they have the time for it. You probably saw Sigma-6's recent Chevy addon, he might make a 'technical' version of it as well as an older Ford..

The CSLA technical...

csla2_s1203_02.jpg

Also theres a version of the FIA truck with a DSHK as well and these "are" included in the next release coming up

Philcommando's Technical... one of the least known but I'll take it over the Toyota Hilux anytime...

tacoma10ul.jpg

Edit: Forgot to add, that's a picture taken from a LAN, so there's evidence it's LAN-proof! biggrin_o.gif

Link? I didn't see it when I searched on ofp.info?

What about Sigmas pickup? It looks so goddamn good! A small update with either an mg in back or perhaps soldiers firing out of the windows... Why not a hole in the windscreen with an MG42 sticking out and some ducktape around it to make it stable?

Some technicals should also be armed with recoilless rifles, mortars, and short range rockets, such as the ones used by the Palestinians against Isreal. It's a given they'd also be carrying extra ammo for dismounted fighters, like additional RPG, and machine gun rounds.

It's not much, but they're real. I hope this might serve as inspiration. Or, perhaps someone can just watch BHD... biggrin_o.gif

technicals1.jpg

Technical02.jpg

Somalitechnical.jpg

sl3.jpg

_454086_technical150.jpg

YES YES These kind of vehicles! Crappy shitty and old!

Not new paint! Also make one which just has a boatload of guns in the back like they are thrown in!

We need like opfor technical pack! blues.gif Some new targets! smile_o.gifghostface.gif

What about Sigmas pickup? It looks so goddamn good! A small update with either an mg in back or perhaps soldiers firing out of the windows... Why not a hole in the windscreen with an MG42 sticking out and some ducktape around it to make it stable?

Sigma said in this thread he's going to make a version of his truck with a mounted machine gun.  

Sigma-6 said :

Quote[/b] ]I'm planning a pack, incidentally. Don't know when it will be done. It will also include an International Cargo Truck (2/12 ton) and a school bus. The pickup *will* have a version with a machine gun in the bed.   There will also probably be an old ford pickup too.

There should be an option in the action menu to chew on Khat leaves or smoke some Mandrax.

But I mean make NEW vehicles not use others and just put a gun on them that doesnt do, because well basicly everybody does that, its the easy way how about ppl take the ELITE way and make a whole range of new vehicles for ofp! smile_o.gif