Sign in to follow this  
soul23

Black Hawk Down Studios

I hate editing in the Unreal engine ^^

By the way:

AND WE ARE A GROUP OF OFP FREAKS!!!

WE DO NOT MAKE A BHD CAMPAIGN FOR ANY OTHER GAME!

When you don't like this, go home

Alright? wink_o.gif

yes marcusjm go home plz....your comments dont intresting any person in this forum.

pretty much everything else is in order to make this mission or campaign.

Lasers 90's Rangers and Delta's are head-on with the guys in the movie. BAS Mh60 (The Urban Modification) is the one from the movie, Some BAS Littlebirds with Changed Animations and Combat!'s 90's Nato Hummvee's.

For Enemy's BAS Rebel UAZ's and Civilians with rocks and armed with guns. The Civilians shooting RPG's at choppers really make it interesting also.

The only thing you need to worry about is an island.. and If you run a high end pc... im pretty sure out of Tonal you can find a nice spot for a chopper crash or 2 infact... the only thing is.. firefights in ofp are very quick and instant. You wont have even a 1 minute firefight. their usually over in 45-30 seconds. The only thing you can do is keep spawning enemies and then it makes it unrealistic to take so many of the enemy out with so little force. (Example: You register 20 kills with your M16 in one battle)

hey i would love to help ive beensearching for a decent black hawk down mission but the only thing is that imworking on a campaign my self so i wouldnt have much time plus im not that great at scripting but im alright at camera work and or mission editing. just post back and i shall see how i could help if you still need the extra help

Oh yeah plus ive got he black hawk down boxset and it teachers step by step procedures of the operation where super six one and sper six four was shot down it shows how it was meant to be done who by and everything needed to know

It was meant to take 30 mins but it took more than a day

also how can you really say its disrespectfull if you make a mission novalogic made the delta force black hawk down game they were never winged at because of it plus it depends how much you show of some bits if youve seen the bit after the battle wich is on the speacial features where they drag the body's of the american's who was killed from the black hawk crah they dragged the body's named throught the sreet if you start to show things like that and things that could upset people then its a disrespect but if you just make a mission about it i dont see what wrong about that

Theres a hundred world war 2 games and there still getting relased i havent heard of anyone complaing about that

yes marcusjm go home plz....your comments dont intresting any person in this forum.

Welll it's your pain. Good luck simulating CQB and MOUT then smile_o.gif.

marcus

hey 456820 i want you in my team...we need cam scripters...

@ landwarrior: we create an island for the capmaign...dont worry we dont use tonal...

if you guys are going for the tactical situations then I really suggest you pull another rabbit out of the hat!  wow_o.gif  Meaning that real MOUT like in that movie is sooooo fornicating difficult in OFP! Also the locations need to be big enough in order to run arround a bit, and also when you fly in the helo towards the city to capture that dude you gotta see a big city not 3 houses and thats it!

I would like a very big city for aireal overfly like very low graphics for massive building placement, and then 1 spot is detailed its the crashsite! And then you switch map with high detail and smaller area since you cannot see from the air anymore!

spawning enemy is a must because they do shoot allot of em! and why couldnt anybody shoot 20 ppl with 1 m16, if you got like 240 bullets it would be possible I guess!  smile_o.gif

becuz in real life everything is moving faster and i guess soldiers are really hesitant to pull the trigger in urban fighting because they really dont know who is who if their fighting people who look like civilians. We know because we got Friendly/Enemy tags and if yuor armed the ai runs a certain way... in real life there are no tags.. no cease fire warnings.. and everyone runs the same. Yeah you would need a M240 and infinite amount of ammo to kill 20.

I was just saying dont go overboard oin the mission and still keep it realistic. If you want unrealistic fun.. play CTF.

becuz in real life everything is moving faster and i guess soldiers are really hesitant to pull the trigger in urban fighting because they really dont know who is who if their fighting people who look like civilians. We know because we got Friendly/Enemy tags and if yuor armed the ai runs a certain way... in real life there are no tags.. no cease fire warnings.. and everyone runs the same. Yeah you would need a M240 and infinite amount of ammo to kill 20.

I was just saying dont go overboard oin the mission and still keep it realistic. If  you want unrealistic fun.. play CTF.

And you do actually watch the television?  wow_o.gif Iraq? How much they do care about civvies running arround....  rock.gif

And or watch certain sites for which I would get meh arse kicked "again" if I mention them!  tounge_o.gif

Yes it moves faster, but the trigger pulling is just as fast I would think. Also If a soldier has like 8 mags +1 loaded you'd basicly have 270 rounds!  crazy_o.gif I bet you could shoot 20 tango's with that for sure! Otherwise maybee you need another day at the shooting range to reset the scope! smile_o.gif

im not saying you couldnt get 20 guys with 270 rounds.. im saying that in real life i doubt you come across 20 targets youll actually get a chance to hit. In real life tangos dont just charge at you.. theyll shoot and take cover.

agreed, you do have some exceptions though, like shooting a RPG in the middle of the street! wink_o.gif

On numerous occassions veterans have let their feelings known about mods of BHD. Read their arguments. I dont think you honor a soldier by recreating his death in a game.

Especially not great ones like Daniel Busch, Randy Shughart and Gary Gordon. In a WW2 or Vietnam or even gulf war mod, it is based on a real war with real people, but it is always on a fictional level, I think you should keep it at that.

And Ace, glorifying? Those men had 18 hours of hell, I think they deserve our upmost respect.

Isn't it just as easy to make a mission/mod where a chopper is downed, but do it in Bosnia, Iraq, Afghanistan, maybe in another time(present times). At least you can adjust it to the OFP engine then.

if hundred men had about 18 hours of hell its not ok but if soldiers have 6 months (and even after it for the rest of there lifes) of hell its ok ? ranger 44 arent you like a little bit of a idiot saying that i have been to bosnia and i can assure you it was far from a vacation

so please if you dont realy know what your talking about then shut up !!

i would love to see a bhd mod as i whould also play (althoug love it less) a mod about the yougoslavian conflict (lowlands have some damn good looking yougoslavian soldiers in there mod)

back on topic any progress on the mod idea ?