Sign in to follow this  
Victor_S.

Halo 2 Sniper Rifle

I Have made a halo2 sniper rifle, and I need some textures and a proper firing sound. If any one has some textures or the sound from halo I would be greatful if you could help me out. If worse comes to worse I have an ok sound and I might be able to make some textures. Ill post some screenies later. unclesam.gif

Well if anyone cares here is a night time screen shot of it. It has temporary textures so....

haloSNiper.jpg

I'd have to admit the weapon looks very cool (one of my fav weapons in the game), but I would if I could texture weapons though...

I think that the AR would be allot more fun to have... wink_o.gif

but I dont really like sniping, I find it far too easy... then again, surviving a blind dash into an enemy MG nest makes you feel... unbeatable biggrin_o.gif

*gets capped in head by sniper*

"dóh!"

Hehe, I agree, the AR is just FUN to use, and the pistol too..

btw, I have made the real world version of the halo2 sniper rifle... the ntw20

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/oyman/dxdshot1114209530.jpg

Is that an antimaterial rifle? That would be a nice weapon to get my hands on biggrin_o.gif

BTW, sniping is not easy at all, its a very complicated proces, you must be thinking about sharpshooting, not the same think though biggrin_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

Maybe in flashpoint sharpshooting is easy, but hitting soda cans at 25 yards with a pellet gun is hard sad_o.gif

Lol, my TX200 is ceroed to 40 yards, I can make a 15mm group at 40 yards easy with a 9x magnification, it depends on what air rifle you got; Air Arms barrels are a work of art.

Sorry, I'm not showing off, I just like to tallk about them biggrin_o.gif lol.

@ Victor_S, are you planing on releasing this on its own? I would like to try that.

@ Oyman, are you releasing that? it looks sweet, I could use some heavy sniper rifle for resistance.

Regards.

@CERO.

for halo all you need to do is to aim just right at enemys head and grease them, way too easy then to be a flashpoint player biggrin_o.gif

sharpshooting on the other hand is kind of same in both game, just aim at your enemys from a distance, and start pumping lead at their way, then sooner of later you will get your kills wink_o.gif

If you guys would like I might release it. Ty for those textures oyman Ill give them a go. I still need the sound for it, but if not the one I have now will do. I didnt make It have exploding rounds but if you want it can. I just didnt because in halo you see no explosion on impact, though with the Y2k3 mod this gun will explode people tounge_o.gif .I just finnish my custom sight. Ill get some pics in a second.

Sounds pretty cool. I liked the halo 1 sniper rifle.

@cero: You got a tx200? Thinling about getting one. I have a benjamin legacy 1000 feet per second. I still have to sight in my scope.

ok here are some screens of it  smile_o.gif

sideH.jpg

scopeh.jpg

scopeh2.jpg

halo1st.jpg

data.jpg

does anyone know if you can use setobject texture on optics?

Quote[/b] ]i think the rifle needs to be alot bigger

Hmmmm... I don't know.

I dont think ill change it for now cause it fits soo sexy in his hands right now tounge_o.gif

EDIT: Ive updated the textures with oyman's. It looks a bit better now.

@ Oyman, are you releasing that? it looks sweet, I could use some heavy sniper rifle for resistance.

Regards.

@CERO.

sorry for hijacking thread but, I will release it after I do some parts, the version I showed is the 20mm HE version. I will make the 14.5mm AP version too

Oyman do you know if you can use setobjecttexture on guns?

Ive been trying but im not sure if it is possible. I know master cheif did it for his halo mod.

Ive been trying but im not sure if it is possible. I know master cheif did it for his halo mod.

he didn't.

However...

You can disable weapons, right? what if you give the sniper rifle five firemodes, but each with a diffrent scope texture (for the remaining bullets). couln't it be possible to make that counter work for real? wink_o.gif

btw, will the specs be thesame as in Halo? I dont like the idea of an anti-meterial sniper rifle with no recoil...

No, you can't do that.

Sounds pretty cool. I liked the halo 1 sniper rifle.

@cero: You got a tx200? Thinling about getting one. I have a benjamin legacy 1000 feet per second. I still have to sight in my scope.

Also knowed as a Sheridan? but 1000 Ft/Sc... you must be in the States, cos in the UK that is way over the legal limits,lol. You must be looking at ranges well over 100 Ft, what a rush wow_o.gif  

@ Victor_S, that do indeed fits lovely in the units hands.

Looking good.

@ gandalf the white, about recoil in antimaterial rifles, the Barret series have very little recoil due to the way they are made, they actually hardly move, but that's the Barret, I don't got a clue how other rifles like the MAC and the KSVK for example, they may have a lot of recoil, I don't know.

@ Oyman, It would be nice if you could do like King Homer did with his Barret, he uses two different types of amo for the same rifle, and they work very well agains vehicles, but they don't explode when they hit a target, you could chek with King Homer to see what values he used for his amo, I think they are spot on, but that's just me.

Regards.

@CERO.

Will someone take a look at this I dont think im doing the event handlers right. When I open up the editor and click to place my first unit it give me an error that it can find some script. Though the error says nothing about one of my scripts.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgVehicles

{

class All {};

class AllVehicles: All {};

class Land: AllVehicles {};

class Man:Land {};

class Soldier:Man {};

class SoldierWB:Soldier{};

class HumanSniper: SoldierWB

{

Armor="10";

DisplayName="Human Sniper";

Magazines[]={"SR2","SR2","SR2","SR2"};

VehicleClass="Halo 2";

Weapons[]={"Throw","Put","SR2"};

};

class EventHandlers

{

fired = "[_this select 0] exec {\hSniper\script\change.sqs}";

};

};

Hmmm, about the HUD thing..

Gandalfs idea was nice, the "Round1", "Round2" with different scopes (i.e round 1 has all bullets visble on scope, round 2 has one missing)

If you disable reloading (Auto-reload), and make it so you cant drop ammo (Halo 2 you can only drop the weapon), it will work fine

Although once you empty it, your screwed as you can't pic ammo up, but it should be fine

BTW, if you import the file in anim8or as a 3DS file, goto Tools > Debug > Dummy KS Data or similar, and export the model, then import it in O2. Convert the texture to a O2 loadable one, and change texture path of mapped --default--.paa, it keekps texture map biggrin_o.gif

I'm going to write a tutorial for porting models soon, which should help ;)

Nice looking weapon btw

Can't help with configs, I'm worse than you at them :P

- Ben

BTW, if you import the file in anim8or as a 3DS file, goto Tools > Debug > Dummy KS Data or similar, and export the model, then import it in O2. Convert the texture to a O2 loadable one, and change texture path of mapped --default--.paa, it keekps texture map biggrin_o.gif

that doesnt work for me when importing halo models wink_o.gif

I also have the firing sound of the halo sniper rifle but i have no programs that can open the file up. It is in ACDM or something like that format crazy_o.gif

Edited cos I just broke one of the forum rules, so there you go, good job I rember some rules.

Regards.

@CERO.

that doesnt work for me when importing halo models wink_o.gif

Hmm, odd.. Both Doom 3 and Half Life can keep their texture maps from said games to O2, I may have a try some time..

- Ben