Sign in to follow this  
MilitiaSniper

British Vehicles

Now is there any beautiful British Armor and Aircraft?

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

unclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gif

PS. I know there is some older stuff.

But Maybe some really good looking stuff!

I think there's a later version though.

They are indeed great. No fun sending those poor UK troops on their foot smile_o.gif.

What surprised me is that it took so long before we got decent UK troops/vehicles. I mean there's been everything from Star Trek mods to Terminator mods but few UK stuff. Are they that unpopular?

Btw, I love both this and the UKF packs. Great (and imho necessary) additions to OFP.

BM

They are indeed great. No fun sending those poor UK troops on their foot smile_o.gif.

What surprised me is that it took so long before we got decent UK troops/vehicles. I mean there's been everything from Star Trek mods to Terminator mods but few UK stuff. Are they that unpopular?

Btw, I love both this and the UKF packs. Great (and imho necessary) additions to OFP.

BM

Those DKM vehicles and UKF troops... Can a man want more for a UK mission?

Also, RKSL's UI SR rifle (the same series than Arctic Warfare) are UK weapons...

And UKF has very nice Landrovers.

is ther any realy good UK desert units cant find any by UKF

wait........ as they are still in progress....

As for Armour in terms of UKF....

Warrior is under work as we speak...

And he would not find much to play with.

The UKF are a bit slow. The DKM UK armor pack aint done yet. What else is there? The G8's Tornado, FM's excellent UK jets, plus some humble attempts to make some decent UK units...As I said - "serching" won't help much.

And he would not find much to play with.

Exactly. But if he wouldn't be able to fulfill his needs on ofp.info, he probably wouldn't find such addons anywhere else.

Am I the only one that would like to see a wee update on the UKF DPM textures? They're nice and all... but not really up to the same standards as many other addons. And they look so wet you have to make it raining when you play with em. Wish I could learn those bloody programs so I could try myself and not have to whine on those that actually do these things for free... sad_o.gif

if you dont tell us how will we know whats wrong? What do you mean by wet? considering they're taken from actual DPM reference photos, im wondering how much you've been near any dpm clothing...

There is a dpm 1.2 in the pipeline, and a desert pack too to accompany it - it fixes some issues, and adds a few more things. Our warrior is on the verge of release (i'm just adddin the last few bits as we speak), the WMIK's are awaiting testing and countless other projects that shall remain quiet for now are being released soon...

keller - much as you have rapidly become the most annoying member on this forum, what do you mean by slow? if you are refering to the fact that we're slower than all those amazing amount of QUALITY addons you've released, well, damn, screw me sideways and show me how to be quicker please... Making these addons are our hobby and we take great pride in our work, we're all either in full time employment or education, so our spare time is limited... our patience with rectal itches such as yourself is even more limited.

as for searching - if you did do this search you claim, then you'd quickly find out site, and our projects, and our 'humble' units...

UK Forces

Keller, what have you actually done for the community except moan about everything? If teams released everything they're working on just because you can't bear to wait (seeing you're obviously too important for patience), I guarantee you'd be the first one to complain because they weren't finished.

UKF take their time and get things as accurate as possible. I've heard stories about discussions regarding things as trivial as the colour of the D10 cable reel on the back of the Warrior. Now, it might not matter to you if they put so much effort into research and accuracy, but it matters to the team and it matters to the guys who've actually used this kit for real.

At the end of the day, if it's too slow or "humble" for you, why don't you make some UK units? Or can't you tell O2 from your elbow? rock.gif

BM

Those DKM vehicles and UKF troops... Can a man want more for a UK mission?

Also, RKSL's UI SR rifle (the same series than Arctic Warfare) are UK weapons...

And UKF has very nice Landrovers.

Yes but it took a long time. It wasn't until last year think when those came.

BM

check date on link....... funny that i thought i herd you said UK addons where sparse

Check it

That was late in OFP terms smile_o.gif.

I know Bibmi did some early stuff but it wasn't until UKF we saw the first really good UK forces.

I believe these were the first.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/unofaddons/screenshots/britsf.JPG

They werent too bad but they had those nasty "ghost" effects.

BM

first ukf stuff was done by some guy over at ofpec who made a rather poor retexture of a bradley to simulate a warrior, and retextured us troops with steyr augs....

then select this did a pretty nice retexture of rus officer to make some para's and sas...

then bibmi made his offering, and set up the uk forces group, which jonno took over and now rhodite and mav have taken over and released the current selection of uk stuff... so yeah, its taken its time to make decent uk stuff...

remember theres also the falklands mod and their excellent stuff smile_o.gif

Falklands is one of the mods I've been looking forward to.

Funny thing that there has never been a shortage of UK planes but being a grunt player I of course waited(for which seemed like ages) for first class UK forces. Which we have now thanx to UKF and DKMM. More to come of course.

Btw, good transport helicopters are still something which I look forward to. I use the Puma from the malvinas mod for now.

BM

footmunch was making a merlin, but not sure how far that got... the lynx can transport 8 soldiers, so its not too shabby

Am I the only one that would like to see a wee update on the UKF DPM textures? They're nice and all... but not really up to the same standards as many other addons. And they look so wet you have to make it raining when you play with em.

I have DPM in my face 5 days a week at work and the UKF textures are pretty accurate from what Ive seen. It should be raining when playing with these units anyway, it adds that British feel of thing tounge_o.gif

Edit: Also if you check out the RAAB downloads page you can find a list of the brit kit we use among other things.

Shameless squad pimping, is there anything better?

Am I the only one that would like to see a wee update on the UKF DPM textures? They're nice and all... but not really up to the same standards as many other addons. And they look so wet you have to make it raining when you play with em.

I have DPM in my face 5 days a week at work and the UKF textures are pretty accurate from what Ive seen. It should be raining when playing with these units anyway, it adds that British feel of thing tounge_o.gif

lmao biggrin_o.gif

Wish I could learn those bloody programs so I could try myself and not have to whine on those that actually do these things for free...  sad_o.gif

Okay, I think I know just about everything about O2 and a few things about Adobe Photoshop, plus I can write a simple config, but still I can't make a decent addon - other than simple "know-how," addonmaking requires a great deal of modelling and texture-making experince - that's the hardest part, I think. And since it's impossible to buy a certain talant, all we have to do is whine and wait. smile_o.gif Of course I could make an ugly botch - there are lots of such addons out there...

keller - much as you have rapidly become the most annoying member on this forum, what do you mean by slow? if you are refering to the fact that we're slower than all those amazing amount of QUALITY addons you've released, well, damn, screw me sideways and show me how to be quicker please... Making these addons are our hobby and we take great pride in our work, we're all either in full time employment or education, so our spare time is limited... our patience with rectal itches such as yourself is even more limited.

as for searching - if you did do this search you claim, then you'd quickly find out site, and our projects, and our 'humble' units...

Why would I want show you how to be quicker? And when did I call YOUR or the UKF addons "humble"? rock.gif  Interesting... you might want to start reading other people's post before posting your reply. Now, concerning "your patience" or whatever... bro, you know, that tells me a lot about who you really are.   biggrin_o.gif

BTW - this in an OFP forum, right? So I can discuss any OFP related subject here, right? If I would want to say that you addons are botches (while they are NOT and I like them very much), I could do that - it's not a personal offence.

But what makes you think that your posts like the one I quote above are allowed here? I do hope that you will get a warning from one of the moderators - that will teach you some manners.