Sign in to follow this  
KingN

Revolt 1998 - Tonal Campaign

Hi again, the beta test phase is ending and a pile of bugs have been polished out. Still need to make few improvements and just a little more testing before release. I'll make a wild guess the campaign will be out at the end of the next week.

Stay tuned! xmas_o.gif

Hey, we havent seen a mission with the LSR seals yet. If you want (i'm only asking), it would be cool to see a campgian or mission the seals sinces we haven't seen one yet. Can't wait for release, gl. smile_o.gif

When you see how much effort I've put onto this campaign you will understand why I'm not going to do another campaign at least for a while. icon_rolleyes.gifwink_o.gif

Gotta cool song for your campaign this is only a part of it.

If you like it pm me and I upload and give you a link for full version wink_o.gif

rapidshare link

It's a good song but the problem is that is sounds more like arabian than african music. Secondly I'm already using plenty of good african music including a very cool song used as the sound track for this campaign but thanks very much anyway, mate. I appreciate it.

you said the guy was an NCO. all rangers are NCOs basically, id make his rank staff sergeant if i were you, one rank above regular sergeant. most rangers are medium-high ranking NCO's. as for the CO, i would make his rank 1st lieutenant or captain as opposed to major. you're only an NCO, so you wont be going through your 1st lieutenants, & your captain to get to a major. there's a little thing called chain of command. wink_o.gif

Will this lag for low-end pc's? My specs:

1.2 GHz

256 MB Ram

Nvidia TNT 2 video card

Can you please tell me if this would be worth downloading for me? Or will it just lag to much? biggrin_o.gif

P.S. - Just wondering, why is the campaign based in the year 1998? Or is this a real-life thing? tounge2.gif

you said the guy was an NCO. all rangers are NCOs basically, id make his rank staff sergeant if i were you, one rank above regular sergeant.  most rangers are medium-high ranking NCO's.  as for the CO, i would make his rank 1st lieutenant or captain as opposed to major.  you're only an NCO, so you wont be going through your 1st lieutenants, & your captain to get to a major. there's a little thing called chain of command. wink_o.gif

Yes but he's still an NCO though he's the squad leader. Staff sergeants, master sergeants, first sergeants, they all all just sergeants in ofp so I didn't bother to rank him in any more detailed way. About the CO thingy, I don't see a problem in CO giving the orders personally to the ranger squad. I think it's better just the way it is.

Quote[/b] ]Will this lag for low-end pc's? My specs:

1.2 GHz

256 MB Ram

Nvidia TNT 2 video card

Can you please tell me if this would be worth downloading for me? Or will it just lag to much?

P.S. - Just wondering, why is the campaign based in the year 1998? Or is this a real-life thing?

It'll probably lag in most missions. If it runs the Tonal island without any lag it should run Revolt decently. Haven't tested it in low-end comps so I'm afraid that's pretty much all I'm able to tell you.

About the year, I dunno, do you want it rather to take place in 1997? tounge2.gif But to be serious, the story is as fictional as Tonal island but it's about a more modern conflict than in cwc campaign and the specific year gives a more real like impression, if that's what you asked about.

I just want to inform you that Sudden Death has started working on a german translation of this campaign. However that won't be effecting on the release date so if it won't be included in the first release version coming soon it'll be in the next one. smile_o.gif