Sign in to follow this  
KDog35

Problem keeping a "fixed" view from chopper

I'm trying to keep a fixed view from a chopper using the number pad but when I let off the key it snaps back to the forward position. I've tryed everything. sad_o.gif How do I fix this, I'm running 1.96

That's a bug (or "feature", however you want to call it) introduced by 1.90 (?). There are several long threads about it, you should be able to find them.

I thought hitting * ( on the numeric keypad..) unlocks the camera view...??

So those of you who are budding pilots, can use your stick for flight and HAT switch ( or numpad keys ) for views..??

I thought hitting * ( on the numeric keypad..) unlocks the camera view...??

So those of you who are budding pilots, can use your stick for flight and HAT switch ( or numpad keys ) for views..??

That's true, but actually only for keyboard pilots. If you use a joystick, the view will always center back even if you hit * (NumPad), you can't even use the mouse to look around when using a joystick. This bug was introduced for some reason, but never changed back to how it was earlier. I think they saw it as feature, as many people complained planes being too hard to fly and so they thought if they'd always center the view, it wouldn't be as easy to loose overview and crash . . .

Actually it's different.

very useful for Hueys w/MGs. I play with a friend online, I'm the pilot, he's the gunner. I just circle around some enemy while pluges them all. I like to look to the left out the door to see where I'm at. sad_o.gif

KDog35, I'll agree with you on how annoying it is!!!

I've also asked in 3 other forums if someone knows of or can create a patch for that annoying problem! But I've had no success at all! banghead.gif

Like Hardrock said, it was fine until the 1.90 patch!

I'm too dumb to open the patches to see if I can find something as I don't know what I'd be looking for! I'd change the config for the joystick back to pre-1.90 if I could!

Whilst I feel your pain, consider the forums, the weight of so many identical threads is laying heavy on its shoulders sad_o.gif