Sign in to follow this  
EddiePrice

Texture Quality

Hello there

I am trying to get the best quality results from PAATool and Textview, however I am still having some problems, for example my greens have a shade of purple in them and my blacks have a shade of blue, also the textures look extremely pixelated.

My question is how can I get the best results when I convert texture files, what am I missing? Any tips at all would be helpful, I'm also trying to convert files with transparency with limited success in the quality!!

Thanks smile_o.gif

Hi, the PAATool 1.1 by Feer, should make the .paa's or .pac's loose less detail than the TextView; but the .paa pixelates the texture alot & depending on the levels of the texture... u gonna see much more bigger pixels. & with any of those converting tools... the browns that've very much red, become red once pased from .tga to .paa or .pac; 1 thing that could be fucking your textures could be the monitor settings; the settings on windows change to the settings in game on the OFP. But i don't know. Let's cu.

I only wish there was a tool that could keep the original texture quality after converting it from .tga to .pac or .paa. It has been bothering me a lot recently, because I have a few shades of different colors such as black, blue and a little purple but even with the PaaTool it ends up with ugly blotches. I suppose I will have to either sacrifice the quality or be patient for some sort of update.

use paa for b&w textures and pac for coloured.

What if you have a coloured one with transparency dig yourself a hole and die? :P

Not really, it looks odd in o2, but works fine in game. One I did has looked allright.