Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

"polls" forum?

I think that there should be a new forum named "polls" where people could pos all their polls... just looking at "general" or "addons" forum one can see that they are full of polls, which looks a bit messy to me..

We've considered this for a while, but the thing is...taking the polls from their original forum section to throw them on a big pile somewhere else only creates a bigger mess. I can see there r too many (useless) polls around right now, but just wait a week and the novelty of it all will wear off, leaving just the good polls for you to vote in smile.gif

No one would go to a "polls forum" because people dont go out looking for polls, and its not like the polls are limited to voting only(ok maybe 1 or 2 are)... most you can reply to. And its like a kid with a new toy, its great for a while then it wears off. hmmm odd analogy.

heh, I think it was I that started the whole poll thing...

it started with the polls on the OFP Prima guide, and SVD+M21, then everybody started to post polls on anything and everything that is OFP..

I am going to stop posting polls because if that is what the forum wants?

Yeah, right.... Polls have always been around, and always will. Pools should be a topic of theyre own. This would be an ideal place to get the general "feel" of the community on many issues. I'll bet all mission editors wanna know what's popular before trying to get a mission published...

But the fact that about 60% of all current threads is a poll is prolly what worried Kegetys wink.gif

Damn, he stole my idea from the screenshot poll smile.gif

Voted yes, of course.

good man, good man, screen shots forever!!!!!!   Well, alright, I had to make my usual "no sense statement" for the day and there it was.  Seems the the Screen Shots fotum voting is doing quite well, maybe Sith, DnA, Placebo, or anyone else should go put there thoughts in.  I agree with Kegetys logic and reasoning behind wanting a "Polls" forum, I just don't think that people come to a forum to look for polls, but rather just come across them while looking at other areas.  Know what I mean?  smile.gif

EDIT- I forgot to state that disabling polls in other forums is what makes me not want a "Polls" forum confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sith @ Jan. 14 2002,15:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We've considered this for a while, but the thing is...taking the polls from their original forum section to throw them on a big pile somewhere else only creates a bigger mess. I can see there r too many (useless) polls around right now, but just wait a week and the novelty of it all will wear off, leaving just the good polls for you to vote in smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thats what you said last week biggrin.gif