Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Middle Eastern Environmental Soundpack (MEESP)

maybee its an idea to also incorperate some songs that are played on all the different insurgent propaganda videos...

I wouldnt know what they are saying maybee ace can understand some of it? They have like 2 particular songs they like to edit under the videos...

And maybee make a chant that suddenly stops! crazy_o.gifghostface.gif

Which songs are those? Are you sure they were songs? And not recitation from the Quran?

I havent seen any such videos from insurgents that have songs in them , heck never knew they bothered with editing thier videos crazy_o.gif

@Avon: I am uploading files via yousendit , i have sent the first package , plz confirm that you got it and that the files are intact? I cant believe how fast they uploaded wow_o.gif , i was afraid it might take eternity.

No these were taken from Hans Zimmer music page (freely available) so i dont know if they were the same?

Plus i keep getting damn errors uploading files larger then 3 MB on yousendit. I am gonna try a few more times if it doesnt work then i'll mail them through Yahoo and see if it works ok?

No these were taken from Hans Zimmer music page (freely available) so i dont know if they were the same?

Not the same.

Listening to yours as I type. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Plus i keep getting damn errors uploading files larger then 3 MB on yousendit. I am gonna try a few more times if it doesnt work then i'll mail them through Yahoo and see if it works ok?

Send them RAR'd one at a time.

UPDATE: Your BHD files are short excerpts - much too short. Pity. IMO, not worth including.

I was sending them one at a time , anyway using different host thistime *fingers crossed*

And nooooo these files should be in the pack , i know they are short 40 sec files but they can be looped too? (maybe someone can loop them any audio whizes?) or the mission maker can loop them himself via script , the music is good imo it CAN be put too good use.

FireFlyPL, send it my way, please, for review.

Ace, none of the three BHD clips loop smoothly. They weren't cut at a point fit for loping.

Ah well atleast there are others.

Those were excerpts , so i think there large version would be present in the BHD OST CD , any die hard BHD fans here who might have bought that CD? Mind sharing a few tracks?

What do you think of the other track ? The bill brown one ?

Oh btw does anyone know how to obtain license to write protected music? I mean nearly all arabic music i have on my PC was obtained from CD's and so is write protected i cant OGG them , anyone got ideas how to overcome that hurdle?

Good one!

About the Visaal track, it's hard to see its use. It's modern Pakistani Rock but it doesn't seem to have any particular Pakistan/Mideast/Arabic flavor to it. It's more worthy of being entered into the Eurovision contest by Estonia or Latvia. No one would detect the language difference anyway - except for Estonians, Latvians and Pakistanis, of course. tounge_o.gif

FireFlyPL, send it my way, please, for review.

Send it on your email. Its only 800KB in OGG ready to use in OFP (tested!).

Send it on your email.

Can you edit the file and remove that first 20 seconds of music that ends abruptly? The remainder of the file is fine.

I don't have any such audio editing software.

Good one!

About the Visaal track, it's hard to see its use. It's modern Pakistani Rock but it doesn't seem to have any particular Pakistan/Mideast/Arabic flavor to it. It's more worthy of being entered into the Eurovision contest by Estonia or Latvia. No one would detect the language difference anyway - except for Estonians, Latvians and Pakistanis, of course. tounge_o.gif

Yeah well i thought if people can use Rammstein in their missions then why not Visaal tounge_o.gif

If only i can overcome this damn write protection thing on my wma files sad_o.gif . Btw keep checking your PM's , i am sending links to whatever files i upload.

If only i can overcome this damn write protection thing on my wma files sad_o.gif . Btw keep checking your PM's , i am sending links to whatever files i upload.

Try right clicking on them, select PROPERTIES and uncheck the READ ONLY attribute, assuming that's the problem. smile_o.gif

/avons walking like an Egyptian to the tune of Barra-Barrra.

Be back later or tomorrow, cyaz! wink_o.gif

Send it on your email.

Can you edit the file and remove that first 20 seconds of music that ends abruptly? The remainder of the file is fine.

I don't have any such audio editing software.

Ok i ll do it. Check another two files for your consideration  biggrin_o.gif

Oh btw does anyone know how to obtain license to write protected music? I mean nearly all arabic music i have on my PC was obtained from CD's and so is write protected i cant OGG them , anyone got ideas how to overcome that hurdle?

Send me one I have sound software and can try to convert it.

my mail firefly_ofp@o2.pl

I've been thinking avon , shouldnt we like change the name of this pack to "Middle Eastern music/envoirnmental Soundpack" ? More appropriate dont you think ?

After all were including arabic tracks as well and the name of the pack kinda limits it down to afghanistan which is false actually because the neither the azan and nor many of those files having anything to do with Afghanistan blues.gif

I've been thinking avon , shouldnt we like change the name of this pack to "Middle Eastern music/envoirnmental Soundpack" ? More appropriate dont you think ?

After all were including arabic tracks as well and the name of the pack kinda limits it down to afghanistan which is false actually because the neither the azan and nor many of those files having anything to do with Afghanistan  blues.gif

I agree. Wait this the next release.

Quote[/b] ]NOTE: Avon takes no responsibility for the Saudi Secret Police's reactions to these events. Run, AceCombat, run!
That would be so funny if it werent so true. sad_o.gif

Hey! Who changed the thread title?! mad_o.gif

I was thinking of calling is the Middle East Sound System - MESS. smile_o.gif

Avon, might I also suggest downloading music from the Passion of the Christ. It is very Middle Eastern and dramatic.

Also check out DJ Cheb-i-Sabbah and Badawi, especially the track "Tired Soldiers". Very good stuff I am using for 3WX.

Maybe all the Middle East projects should get together for an uber environmental immersion pack.

Just a thought.

I'll get some combat sounds hopefully.

Edit: Meh, Realtek decides it wants to be difficult and not let me record any sounds. crazy_o.gif