Sign in to follow this  
-MP-OFP-CRICON

This C&C General MOD called Cold War Crisis

Looks really interesting, and the list of new units is awesome smile_o.gif

2 years in the making, though? crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]2 years in the making, though?

You play Flashpoint and think that two years is long for a mod to develop? Hey those C&C guys actually finished their mod and in half the time it takes over here, give them some credit :-P

they even gonna have custom music! that counts very high on my list tounge2.gifinlove.gif though in this version soviet infantery will look same as us soldiers but hey im happy the damn thing gets released other than a demo thumbs-up.gif i wonder if i can play it before my birthday around midsummer inlove.gif

Hey sorry guys to bring this up again but its been officially announced that the mod will be released soon! biggrin_o.gif Sometime this summer is the word.

Hey sorry guys to bring this up again but its been officially announced that the mod will be released soon!  biggrin_o.gif Sometime this summer is the word.

I hope so, was a long way for them to get there.

i dunno im hoping to get my hands on it, i got a friend that really nags me constantly about the mods release date too tounge2.gif

Im gonna see if i can get more people in my class into lan gaming this next term. Gonna be great fun i think, need a game / mod that nobody is pro at playing to play in our lan games tounge2.gif

w00t! I mustdust off my Generals disk and give it a a shot

But we have World in Conflict...it would have to do something amazing I tell thee.

This mod is really great. Its partially based on ofp, so its a must have for the people around here. I own world in conflict wich takes place in the same time, but this mod is far better in my opinion, gameplay wise.

Its not an simple mod tough. The cwc team made their on AI, wich is superb, and it adds loads of new units. The gameplay is also totally different from zero hour. Its about fighting for flags and fuel depots, it may sound strange or surreal but its great fun. INF playes a vital role, without it your armies are useless.

The units are also very realistic, not only by looks but also their capabilties. Well nuff said!

Just try it out, and you will like it.

Been waiting for this mod since a while, great to see it released.

Time to get a cheap copy of Generals now smile_o.gif

got first decade, all i need to do is to install patch and run it wink_o.gif

Yeap, I'm glad they finally released it and am quite eager to try it after watching it for 3 or 4 years. I remember the demo..was quite fun, you had to hold your ground while the russians sent a few tanks and aircraft your way.

It's definately a change because the tanks aren't speedy by any means and their devestating, a T-80 beat my M60A1 in one or two shots whereas the M1A1 stood up to it..and of course we have the airfract ZSU>F-15 plus you can change change a vehicle armament and if tanks have a machine gun for the commander they are used along with coaxial.

I'd recommend that anyone with Generals+Zero hour or TFD give it a try, firing hellfire missiles from the AH-64A at far range is great too and that M230's nothing to laugh about at hero rank.

____

Well I just played it, quite fun and tricky to get the hang of when you're so used to the basic mechanics, I did like the training mission though, you can tell that CWC definatly inspired this team, music was great and the national anthems on the loading screen gave a nice effect as did both sides speaking the correct languges.

In general the feel of combat was greatly enhanced, the vehicles feel heavier and are in one way or another always active, tanks don't waste shots from the main gun on infantry and instead use the coaxial which is a bit tricky when their far and moving. Anti air, artillery and lighter armored vehicles are very frail, just about one hit from any AT weapon takes them out.

3-4 AT hits take out MBT's unless its an AH-64A's AGM-114 in which case 1 hellfire generally takes out any armor, haven't had the chance to use the hind yet... The Mi-26 and CH-47 air transporting of vehicles was very handy.

Light armored vehicles like the M2A1 Bradley and BMP-2 are weak but great against tank with support, much like they were in OFP one hit from their AT missiles will put a hurting on any armor (watch for for those HMMWV's with TOW's)

Tank combat is a bit more interesting now in that you can't just send a lone tank against atleast 2 AT infantryman so like anything else they require support, they removed the ability to run over people as well aslo so you can't just crush them and get it over with quickly which personally I love.

what missions in the campaigns have you finished?

I made through the training day and the Us Mbt base defense mission. smile_o.gif