Sign in to follow this  
twisted

custom mission tactic

i was reading through some user mission descriptions and i thought wouldn't it be great in ofp2 if eventually you got to choose the way you executed a mission.

so you get given an objective - say destroy heavily defended enemy communication station. but you choose how to accomplish it.

like choose to be inserted by parachute over a certain spot and work your way in while being supported by heavy tanks coming in from west.

or for the same mission you choose to have beach landing with everything coming from one direction and roll over enemy due to over whelming odds.

or decide that a SF mission at night using loads of explosives would be the right way to cripple the enemy.

or send in an apache strike team in the morning for a high speed surgical strike.

obviously if you get half your army wiped out taking out one obejctive you are seriously compimised in other missions until you get reinforcements.

this would be great and offer extreme tactical freedom.

of course if you are lazy you can just accept your major's recommendations (defualt plan) wink_o.gif

in a way you can do this with the coc command engine and control your forces and chose where they go..

excuse my newbiness, but what is the 'coc command engine;?

sounds interesting.

wow thats nice,

yeah something sorta like that.

i suppose what i am suggesting is you can choose how to execute the mission based on what assets (men, vehilces, aircraft, arms,etc) you have. so noone tells you what to do - its your idea and your responsility if it buggers up.

but only in later stages when you have worked up to such a level of authority.