Sign in to follow this  
Col Rambo SBS

Join in Progress, The Solutions, Suma please read.

Ok, Ive been following all the threads on this subject and I have compiled a list of things that the majority of people who posted to then, have sugested:-

1:- Joining Mid game is a must for some game types, tactical or otherwise.

2:- Joining Mid Game could be a Server side option, so the host can set it to suit the game type

3:- forget adding weapons, units, vehicles untill the netcode is finalised ( hopefully with the above included )

4:- intergrating some form of server list option into the game itself.

5:- Less negative input from BIS on the needs of there users. you can at least try.

Now for my 10cents worth.

I agree with the above, and even on Co-op tactical, based games, people need the ability to rejoin if for some reason or another they lose connection with the server. This saves the host having to restart the mission.

For developing other game types like East V Weast Search and destroy missions, on public servers, Joining mid game would be ideal ( Respawns being set well withing friendly territory, not at the front line ). Also for an ongoing War server, where a team has to take controll of an entire map, the game would be expected to run for Days, making it an envolving Tactical scenario, with people rejoining when they could, to assist there side to the victory ( I know how I can build this type of map , but theres no point with the current situation )This type of map I would say would be a big crowd puller. Just think how many more sales you could generate by it, and how many your loosing at the moment, when people visit the forums to research the game before buying it.

You should post this one in the Betatest forum...

Maybe they read it then

I agree, put it elsewher, at least they will complain it is in the wrong place.

I just hope that the reason for them being so silent is so that they can pop into the forum and say "Hey guys, what would you say about midgame joining AND an ingame server list in the upcoming patch?".

When I think on it I hope not, I would have a heartattack. Well Ill die a happy man.

And you forgot the main reason for ingame server list: so we dont have to restart the bloody game every single time.

My record is 10 times during an hour, played for 5-10 mins.

yeah it really s*cks sometimes.

But BIS says it is not possible with the game engine they use now. Maybe in OFP2?

In my oppinion, the abilty to ghost would squash a majority of this issue...being able to watch the action is better than a blank lobby screen...the counter should also count down from the alotted time rather than count up...that way people would know how long is left in the game rather than how long it has been played thus far.

Probably the problem about being a ghost is the same that the one to join a game in progress.

The only reason to be a ghost is in those games like CS where you have to eliminate the enemy team. In a CTF there is no need for a Ghost smile.gif

It CAN be done.

BIS just doesn't want to put forth the effort. They failed to incorporate this critical design element in their game fromthe start, and now it's biting them in the ass.

Who honestly thought this was a good way to play multiplayer games? Didn't any one at BIS think, "You know, this is a real pain in the ass" way back before the code was finished or optimized? Ah, it's all water under the bridge now I guess...

A JIP feature may not be possible in the conventional sense (as in CS or DoD, or Quake 3). But there has to be some way of incorporating a workaround. I would be willing to "pause" the game every once in awhile to allow a new player to join. Beats playing for 10 minutes and then getting disconnected or running around an empty map because everyone has left and no one else can rejoin.

If we put our heads together, and if BIS will honestly put some effort into what is BY FAR the most demanded feature of this game, we can figure something out.