Sign in to follow this  
NurEinMensch

"Mars pictures reveal frozen sea"

Mars pictures reveal frozen sea

Quote[/b] ]A huge, frozen sea lies just below the surface of Mars, a team of European scientists has announced.

Their assessment is based on pictures of the planet's near-equatorial Elysium region that show plated and rutted features across an area 800 by 900km. [...]

We already were pretty sure there is water on Mars, but now there are pictures available of what could actually be a frozen sea on Mars.

I don't quite see the implications of this yet, so what do you people think?

Btw I know there is already one Mars thread but it appeared to be rather dated and I didn't want to dig it up.

Yes, sweet!

Here is another picture, were you can see sand over frozen waves of a HUGE ocean, full of amazing alien lifeforms:

Nothatsnotxpwallpaper.jpg

MfG Lee wow_o.gif ..... wink_o.gif

Ya, heard it on the radio earlier today. Cool.

Quote[/b] ]800 by 900km

How could they have missed it before? tounge_o.gif

Well the sensible answer is to nuke it doublequick thus killing two birds with one inter planetary ballistic missile. Firstly, nuking the polar caps and this frozen ocean would possibly lead to the 'terraforming' of mars as seen in 'Total Recall', the documentary featuring governor Arnold Schwarznegger of California. Secondly, it would be be likely to neutralise any harmful lifeforms, such as dolphins lurking in the frozen depths, theyde be frozen, but better nuked than sorry, especially nowadays. An additional bonus is that nuking Mars with some excess warheads decreases the WMD threat here on earth.

Plus big explosions look totally cool. unclesam.gif

Plus big explosions look totally cool.

If someone says "nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure" then this gets my vote biggrin_o.gif

The big rumor I'd heard was that NASA was going to announce that they'd found evidence of life on Mars from organic methane emissions.

Guess not. Damn. sad_o.gif

As far as I know the methan emissions have been verified. I can't provide a link, tho.

I think the latest Mars-mission was a huge success, this becomes more obvious every time they find something new.

And Mars seems to be more attractive. I hope for a manned expedition to Mars within the next 30 years.

The big rumor I'd heard was that NASA was going to announce that they'd found evidence of life on Mars from organic methane emissions.

Poor mars! Now humans going to screw it too! ghostface.gif

Making mars suitable for human living conditions is possible though!, but not without water, in the future I mean 200-300 years or so! tounge_o.gif

Poor mars! Now humans going to screw it too!

Nature screwed mars million years ago, and no humans whas involved in that. wink_o.gif

Poor mars! Now humans going to screw it too!

Nature screwed mars million years ago, and no humans whas involved in that. wink_o.gif

Lol! biggrin_o.gif

You can’t screw things already screwed, what I meant is they going to screw it after making it suitable, yeah humans always Searching for things to fuck with! wink_o.gif

I guess Nasa were just farting around then.

I know a way to melt the ice: build coal/oil powerplants, industies and cars. It will only take about 100 years to heat it up enough to melt it.

Oh wait... has somebody done that already? rock.gif

smile_o.gif

I guess Nasa were just farting around then.

Hahaha... that's a joke my dad would make. tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Life my, "@$$!

Ice, don't mean jack diddly!

Look at it!

The planet is dead!

There is no evidence that life ever existed!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

unclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gif

Uh... I think methane is only produced by living organisms. If they've detected it, that suggests there's life.

Cool beans.. biggrin_o.gif It would be too good to be true if there were life on mars currently, but hey, anything really is possible since, it's quite similar to earth in many ways.

Edit: That would brighten up my day, to start the century not only with senseless wars, but also with discovery of life outside earth.