Sign in to follow this  
cornhelium

MAAM 1.31

ok, as no one does it i'll upload them for you, i thought cornhelium would do it, but he seems to be away, just wait a bit

edit: MAAM 1.31

The other provided Files

(single files like rainbow sounds..... also as rar-file, so that it is clear what is what)

Quote[/b] ]Hi scrub

Thanks for the help But as u can see on the front page, the addons are in version v.1.1 That link u gave me was the first version But thanks any way

Maximus-Sniper

DOH!!! mad_o.gif Those decimal places are starting to get to me.... crazy_o.gif Sorry about that.

Thank you Tomislav, much appreciated. smile_o.gif

ok, as no one does it i'll upload them for you, i thought cornhelium would do it, but he seems to be away, just wait a bit

edit: MAAM 1.31

The other provided Files

(single files like rainbow sounds..... also as rar-file, so that it is clear what is what)

Hi Tomislav smile_o.gif

Thanks alot, now i'am downloading smile_o.gif It's work, soon i gonna test it smile_o.gif

Thanks again smile_o.gif

before anyone goes crazy think of the hd components

my suggestions

rifle ranges meduim bullets=350-400m

large rifle bullets=450-500

machineguns=550

5.56 semi/burst since mostly used for m16s init speed 948m/s

5.56 semi/full auto used mostly with m4s init speed 905m/s - 884m/s

improved rifle sd ammo to 800m/s - 750m/s range still 250m

thats about it

I won't call this a gripe, but maybe a nitpick. wink_o.gif

Some of the sounds have an ambient type sound, the type you'd expect to hear out in the open (the AK's for instance), while some have a closed in sound, like in a building, some pistols had this and, if I remember right, the M16.  Not really complaining, just some notes if there are future revisions.

Other than that, the variety is VERY nice. Easy to distinguish between the different weapons.

Since this pack came out, I've learned the hard way that:

-The RPD has an awesome report

-It is not U.S. friendly

-One U.S. unit should not run closer to admire it

tounge_o.gif

Thanks!

Thanks guys for the comments and thanks Tomislav for the mirrors. biggrin_o.gif

I'll update the page 1 links tonight.

Cheers,

Cornhelium

I like the idea of improving JAM...these sounds are much better indeed(community pack). But I have a question which has been bugging me about JAM2 already for a long time, and now also about MAAM 1.31.

Quote[/b] ]...

The Problem

You have got several units from different addon makers in a mission. For example, BAS Rangers, Earl/Suchey’s Marines, some ADF Forces and Codeblue units. Each carries a custom version of an M4 or M16. In real life each of the weapons can chamber the same mag

To me this is confusing since a cartridge is what you can 'chamber' as far as I know. So I want to point out that JAM in the past seems to have not made up it's mind about which was the purpose: To make realistic magazines match with weapons or to make realistic cartridges match with weapons...It can't be both and it can't be in-between - it has to be one or the other I think.

So I guess I want to know what the purpose of JAM3 is? - will it only allow the M4s to use the same clips or will it allow sharing of ammunition of the same kind in a more general fashion...

Personally I would very much prefer to have G36 and Steyr use the same mags as other 5.56NATO rifles, regardless of the real-life incompatible magazines. Because in real life you wouldn't have to throw your g36 away to pick up an enemy weapon if you were in a group were others had 5.56NATO ammo. You'd simply refill your clips spending about as much time as it takes extra in OFP to get someone to drop you a few clips of theirs...the best reason for NOT doing this I think is the sounds, I really like the new Steyr one - but then if the sound is top priority I am not really sure I need JAM at all, that purpose would be best fullfilled by using select non-JAM-configged weapons.

Also, one idea

How about using some scripting to make it possible to break up belt/drum/big clip ammo into smaller standard mags...would make sense to be able to do that... like M60 belts into M14 mags...M249 belts into 30rnd clips...would go nicely with Fox2's suggestions about different sized belts/boxes...especially if the sizes where then matched to magazine-sizes - so say a 60 round belt breaks into two mags or somesuch.

EDIT: You could even do that to allow the sounds to be different for each weapon by refilling ammo from M16-mag into G36 mag...and make it take a realistic amount of time by forcing some animation or something.

And one observation

The RPG7FlyBy.ogg has a sound in it which lasts for 31s...even though no sound can be heard after ~2s...It might cause some unneeded overhead in battles.

Hail fair brethren biggrin_o.gif

MAAM version 1.31 is now available for download.

Basically, this brings MAAM into line with the JAM3 Beta2 that the JAM team are working on. Ie. no new weapons/models. Magazines, munitions and great sounds will be the exclusive focus of JAM3.

From the ReadMe:

Quote[/b] ]==============================

Summary Of Changes:

1.31 - Removed all new MAAM weapons and models added in version 1.30. MAAM 1.31 now matches the JAM3 closed beta that is under development.

- Tweaked sound settings for the L86 magazines

- Updated groups

---------------------------------------

Requirements:

1.  OFP version 1.91 or greater.

2.  AMORE.

3. Community Soundpack 1.1, OR Rainbow Soundpack 1.1

=========================================

Download links:

MAAM v1.31

(Rapidshare link - please scroll to the bottom of their page and click the "download Free" button)

Amore

Community Soundpack 1.1  (Hosting timed out. Will update tonight. Meanwhile, please use Tomislav's link.)

Rainbow Soundpack 1.1 (Hosting timed out. Will update tonight. Meanwhile, please use Tomislav's link.)

Repeater Sounds for Community Pack (Hosting timed out. Will update tonight. Meanwhile, please use Tomislav's link.)

Repeater Sounds for Rainbow Pack (Hosting timed out. Will update tonight. Meanwhile, please use Tomislav's link.)

All soundpacks hosted by Tomislav (Thanks mate!)

Big thanks to all involved. If this gives you any ideas for the development of JAM, please post in the JAM beta thread HERE.

Cheers biggrin_o.gif

Cornhelium

Hi, i have problem with JAM/JAM2/MAAM ... or maybe next idea. Problem is, that i have weapon pack where are the following weapons:

M16A4 (moded M16A2 = that the weapon can now have all accesories from M4A1). This M16A4 is very accurate in real, have SINGLE and BURST mode. Next weapon that is there is M4A1. Well, this weapon is made from older M16A3, and have SINGLE, and FULLAUTO mode. Have shorted barrel too. And of course this weapon is not so accurate as M16A4(or older M16A2). But both weapons can youse the same magazine in real. But with JAM is that not possible i think, because definition of DISPERSION, RECOIL are defined in the JAM/MAA magazine, and when both weapons use the same magazine, have same parameters (acc, dispersion and soo). Have you thing how can you that resolve ? My idea: make pls new def. of one Magazine for both M16/M4A1 (all versions) but! in deffinition of MODES in mags make more choices. Make there "Single A","Single B","Single C","Burst A","Burst B","Burst C","FullAuto A" ...and soo. A means lower recoil and dispersion and more acc (like for M16A2 or M16A4 or AK74S). B is normal, for Ak74, M16A1/A3 or A2/A4 with equiped GL and other things which make weapon "less stable" (recoil). And last C is for weapons for short range (like short barrels and more equiped accesories) like AKS74-U, AK74-U, AK47,AKM, M4A1 and all with GL. I mean that the WEAPON addon CREATOR can use the same MAGAZINE from JAM/MAAM but only specifi there in weapons deff. which "mode" can use the weapon like: modes[]={"Single B","FullAutoB"};. I hope this is one of the latest thinks that can make usable this JAM/MAAM for all addons maker. (this all you must make 2x, one for normal disp. and second magazine HD with higher dispersion). THX. Anunnaki rbilka@inmail.sk

Hi Rune,

Quote[/b] ]To me this is confusing since a cartridge is what you can 'chamber' as far as I know. So I want to point out that JAM in the past seems to have not made up it's mind about which was the purpose: To make realistic magazines match with weapons or to make realistic cartridges match with weapons...It can't be both and it can't be in-between - it has to be one or the other I think.

OFP defines the properties of fired ammo half in the "bullet" (power, range) and half in the "magazine" (dispersion, recoil, muzzle velocity). Thus we can't fully define ammo at a lower level than magazine.

Quote[/b] ]The RPG7FlyBy.ogg has a sound in it which lasts for 31s...even though no sound can be heard after ~2s...It might cause some unneeded overhead in battles.

It's entirely necessary, again due to the way the OFP engine loops the "fly" sound for as long as the projectile is flying. If you make it shorter you get a funny effect when RPGs fly into the distance. As it's an .ogg sound the silent part is automatically compressed to save filesize. The alternative would be a shorter, quieter .wav file that could loop ad infinitum 'til the round explodes, but I really haven't noticed any lag problem so far...

Cheers mate,

Cornhelium

Quote[/b] ]The RPG7FlyBy.ogg has a sound in it which lasts for 31s...
It's entirely necessary, again due to the way the OFP engine loops the "fly" sound for as long as the projectile is flying.

hehe, forgive my ignorance of addon-making - good to hear it wasn't an oversight though smile_o.gif ... but if the sound is the 'bullet' sound then it should not be silent should it, an rpg must be audible in flight even after the rocket-engine has burned out, or not?

Quote[/b] ]OFP defines the properties of fired ammo half in the "bullet" (power, range) and half in the "magazine" (dispersion, recoil, muzzle velocity). Thus we can't fully define ammo at a lower level than magazine.
Yes, I am aware of that, but I also found out since I wrote the above post that the real problem seems to be with the fire modes which should logically be part of the weapon definition...I guess I must have thought that the greatest promise of JAM was to let you pass ammo to AI or players on your team more realistically...I mean if you even have to prevent swapping of mags from an M16 to an M4 because of burst/full auto then the reality is that OFP is too restrictive to make that part of the JAM concept work for adding realism...The only use of those features would then be for making different M4s work together, certainly a mission maker concerned with realism and having no frivolous addons will have made the choice of M4 for you already. And what you are left with is not much better at all than what was there already for passing ammo...

The only way to make ammo 'passable' I guess is scripting...

Although this takes away my main reason for liking the JAM idea I still like the other ideas - obscuring smoke, rocket launcher standards and special targetting, high dispersal ammo...and I like all new sounds(community pack) better than JAM2 except for the new G36 one  wink_o.gif

Hi Rune,

Quote[/b] ]an rpg must be audible in flight even after the rocket-engine has burned out, or not?

I could easily add some sound at the end of the rocket-burn, but that would really bump up the filesize, due to the way .ogg files behave.

The RPG fly sound is a special case as it's a "dynamic" sound (ie. it sounds different at the end than it does at the start). It's not designed to be looped. Overall, I think it's fine as it is.

Quote[/b] ]I like all new sounds(community pack) better than JAM2 except for the new G36 one

Hehe - the community pack uses the BIS G36 which is a personal favourite of mine biggrin_o.gif If more people agree, I'll change it back to the JAM2 one, or try and find a new sound.

Cheers,

Cornhelium