Sign in to follow this  
Storm-dk

Other soldiers?

Hey guys

I'v tryed VERY hard myself to switch the standart soldiers with some new one's  ...

---

But now, i give up, everything what could get worng did go worng...  sad_o.gif

So.. guys.. anyone who can make it for me insted?

I just want the skins ...not any weapons..

The Russians soldiers

Pic:

RussianEastUnit.jpg

Download :

----------  

Russian Soldier (mirror 1)

Russian Soldier (mirror 2)

------------------------------------

The US. Soldiers

Pic: The US Solbiers

HyabushikiInfantery.jpg

Download

----

US Soldier (mirror 1)

US Soldier (mirror 2)

With the US Soldiers... i would like thos "Woodland 03' Soldiers"  

Anyway.. if anyone could do this... i would be really happy  biggrin_o.gif

You can mail it to me at   Snake_arrow@yahoo.dk

THANKS biggrin_o.gif

Storm out.

- "why don't you use some replacement mods like y2k3 or FlashFXUnitreplacement ?"

No thanks, thats to meany addons for me :P i only want to chance the soldiers.. not the whole gane smile_o.gif

-"is it just the troops u want nothing else"

Yep.. only the soldiers thanks  biggrin_o.gif

You can have such config here (hosted for 7days only)

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0BY60ZJYGEIVP1UHSJIIIYRYRE

Only the east and west soldiers models (and their wound textures) are replaced by Hyakushiki and Orcs ones, not the weapon or any other things or effects, all are BIS default settings.

Crew, snipers, pilots are default BIS too, but you can change it yourself, that is not hard (you can have a look there).

There is a config.cpp , editable version of the config.bin in the download

this is a bit.... embarrassing ... i guess im to stupid to this because it still wount work... its still the same old soldiers... sad_o.gif

@ Storm-dk, what have you done all togueder? And by the way, don't be embarrased, its perfectly normal.

Did you put the "config.bin" in a "Bin" folder? If this "Bin" folder belongs to a "mod folder", are you using the right shortcut?

That shortcut for that "mod folder" you are using, have the right parameters in the target section?

I'll hellp you if you like, I'll even make you a configuration with any addons that you may have that would like to use to replace some stuff that you prefere changed.

Let me know if you want some hellp.

Regards.

@CERO.

Here is how to use such replacement config and remains valid for every kind of them.

Step by step that should be understandable for beginners :

First Step

Go into

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">X:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint

X can be C , D ... for you (it is the letter of your hard drive where you have installed OFP)

Second Step

Create a new folder , name it for this example @MYMOD, so you have

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">X:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@MYMOD

Third Step

Enter in this @MYMOD folder , and there create 2 new folder.

Name the first one -exactly- bin

Name the second one -exactly- addons

So you will have

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">X:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@MYMOD\bin

and

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">X:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@MYMOD\addons

Fourth Step

Put all the required addons in .pbo format (remember that some addons needs other ones, as some units need some weapons that are in a different .pbo ...) you need to use in

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">X:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@MYMOD\addons

Put the config.bin located in the .zip archive you downloaded in

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">X:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@MYMOD\bin

Fifth Step

Now edit an OFP shortcut by right clicking on such shortcut and click Properties

At the Target line , add (for the example) -mod=@MYMOD

so you will have

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"X:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -mod=@MYMOD

If you want to speed up OFP launching add -nosplash too, and

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"X:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -nosplash -mod=@MYMOD

if you have the memory error , add -nomap too

so you can have

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"X:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -nosplash -nomap -mod=@MYMOD

Sixth Step

Launch OFP using this specific modified shortcut and enjoy the new units.

I think this should be easy to understand for a beginner in OFP manipulation , for any more question, just ask

Hey guys

I'm really happy because.. now.. thanks to you guys.. its working.. yay biggrin_o.gif with thos marine addons -- Cool.. anyway.. Thanks ALOT..

@ @cero

--

Yeah i would really like some help to get really deep into this smile_o.gif can you add me on msn or something so we can talk ?

@ Sanctuary

--

Thanks alot man! biggrin_o.gif your a great help