Sign in to follow this  
cornhelium

JAM3 - Beta testers

Afternoon mates,

Just to let you know in advance - I won't have any time to work on JAM3 for the next 2 weeks. Sorry, but we won't be able to make my ETA of late July.

I'm tempted to say "definitely the end of August", but I don't want to build up false hopes. If only I could have a week to dedicate to it there'd be no problem banghead.gif

All I can say is that getting JAM3 finished and released is my absolute number 1 priority, after getting the bills payed   whistle.gif

Cheers,

CH

Ps. Thanks MrN for spotting that ReadMe error - fixed. thumbs-up.gif

Having heard that the JAM2 smoke grenades didn't always work very well, I've taken the liberty to write out a new script, which should work much better.

Differences between JAM2 smoke script and mine:

*Mine takes wind direction into consideration when deploying vision blocking objects (doesn't take direction changes into account though)

*Mine deploys 2 vision blocking objects in line with the wind direction, and spreads them out depending on how hard the wind is blowing

*Mine will wait for the grenade to hit the deck, then wait for smoke to accumulate, before deploying vision blocking objects

*Mine does not replace the smokeshell with a JAM smoke grenade (I think the BIS ones look more realistic)

Here is the script:

Smokeblock.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;Deploys an invisible, AI vision-blocking object near smoke

;grenades, depending on where wind blows smoke

_shell = _this select 0

;wait for smokeshell to hit the ground

#loop

_pos = getpos _shell

~0.1

? ({_x == 0} count velocity _shell) != 3 : goto "loop"

;wait for enough smoke to appear

~3

;drop particle to find wind direction

GENB_windVel = [0,0]

drop ["cl_basic", "", "Billboard", 0.1, 0.1, [0,0,0], [0,0,0], 0, 1.275, 1, 1, [1], [[0,0,0,0]], [0], 0, 0, "", "windcheck.sqs", ""]

;wait for drop

~0.1

@count GENB_windVel == 3

_dx = (GENB_windVel select 0)

_dy = (GENB_windVel select 1) + 0.0001

;get wind direction

_dir = atan (_dx / _dy)

;get wind speed (might not be m/s)

_speed = (sqrt(_dx^2 + _dy^2)) * 10

;distance modifiers to get object in correct place

_mult = 7

_add = 1

;place vision blocking objects

_smokeblock = "JAM_SmokeBlockIR" createvehicle [0,0,0]

_smokeblock setpos [(_pos select 0) + ((_add+_mult*_speed)*sin _dir), (_pos select 1) + ((_add+_mult*_speed)*cos _dir), _pos select 2]

_mult = 14

_add = 3

_smokeblock = "JAM_SmokeBlockIR" createvehicle [0,0,0]

_smokeblock setpos [(_pos select 0) + ((_add+_mult*_speed)*sin _dir), (_pos select 1) + ((_add+_mult*_speed)*cos _dir), _pos select 2]

;wait for shell to burn out

~60-_time

deletevehicle _smokeblock

exit

windcheck.sqs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;used to find wind direction

GENB_windVel = _this

exit

The script is started like this:

[smoke grenade object] exec "smokeblock.sqs"

Where "smoke grenade object" is a smoke shell, which could be either camcreated or thrown. Let me know if more information on how to implement the script is required.

Hi mates, need a little help here...

I'm looking at the dispersions for JAM sniper rifles, and am just wondering how they were calculated.

I'd like to improve the performance of the sniper mags (maybe in a separate "HP - High Precision" class), but don't know what basis to use.

King Homer's SR25 mag shoots nicely with dispersion .000005, but the equivalent JAM M21/SR25 mag has .00007125 (14 times higher), and the BIS M21 has .00003 (six times higher)...

The thing is, I don't know how either figures are calculated. From what I've read, OFP dispersion = dispersion in meters / distance in meters. Eg.

1MoA at 100m is 29.08mm

Check: 1MoA at 200m is 58.17mm

Into meters for OFP:

1MoA at 100m: 29.08 / 1000 = 0.02908 meters

Check: 1MoA at 200m: 58.17 / 1000 = 0.05817 meters

Thus dispersion 0.02908 / distance 100 = 0.0002908

Check: dispersion 0.05817 / distance 200 = 0.0002908

Thus for a rifle rated at 1MOA accuracy, dispersion=0.0002908;

Does this look right? Maths never was my strong point... banghead.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Any advice would be a life-saver.

Many thanks thumbs-up.gif ,

CH

For anyone interested in the whole standardisation idea . . .

Note - my intention is to separate the ammo values out into a separate PBO so that units can just point to them. Should save  people plenty of work and make it easy to get to consistency (like JAM). This release is purely for testing purposes to let people get a handle on how the CAVS system feels.

CAVS EECP testing base config beta1 available!

CAVS EECP 0.44 testing config

* Requires Kuriyami's EECP 0.44

* If your PC is <2.5GHz, set the override in the ECP config file to low or medium

CAVS Website

DONE:

CAVS ammo values for:

* BMP1: PG-9 HEAT, OG-15 HE-F, AT3 Malyutka 2

* BMP2: M929 APFSDS-T, 30mm HE-F, AT5 Spandrel B Tandem HEAT

* T72B: 3BM42M APFSDS-T, 3BK29M Tandem HEAT

* T80UE: 3BM42M APFSDS-T, 3BK29M Tandem HEAT

* M2A2 ODS: M919 APFSDS-T DU, M792 HEI-T, TOW 2A Tandem HEAT

* M60A3: M900 APFSDS-T DU, M456A2 HEAT

* M1A2 SEP: M829A3 APFSDS-T DU, M830A1 HEAT-MP-T

* T72M1: 3BM42 APFSDS-T, 3BK29 Tandem HEAT

CAVS armour values for:

* BMP1

* BMP ambulance

* BMP2

* T72BV

* T72M1

* T80UE

* ZSU 23-4

* M113A3

* M113 Ambulance

* M2A2 ODS

* M1A2 SEP

* M60A3

* Vulcan

Correct cannon firing rates for AI in:

* M2A2 ODS

* BMP2

This makes a huge difference to the effectiveness of these vehicles

NOT DONE

* Helicopter cannons or ATGMs (except TOW)

* T72, T80 ATGMs

* AT3 older model for Res BMP

* ammo for Vulcan, ZSU

* BRDM 2

Have a blat!

TP

Hi mates, need a little help here...

I'm looking at the dispersions for JAM sniper rifles, and am just wondering how they were calculated.

I'd like to improve the performance of the sniper mags (maybe in a separate "HP - High Precision" class), but don't know what basis to use.

King Homer's SR25 mag shoots nicely with dispersion .000005, but the equivalent JAM M21/SR25 mag has .00007125 (14 times higher), and the BIS M21 has .00003 (six times higher)...

The thing is, I don't know how either figures are calculated. From what I've read, OFP dispersion = dispersion in meters / distance in meters. Eg.

1MoA at 100m is 29.08mm

Check: 1MoA at 200m is 58.17mm

Into meters for OFP:

1MoA at 100m: 29.08 / 1000 = 0.02908 meters

Check: 1MoA at 200m: 58.17 / 1000 = 0.05817 meters

Thus dispersion 0.02908 / distance 100 = 0.0002908

Check: dispersion 0.05817 / distance 200 = 0.0002908

Thus for a rifle rated at 1MOA accuracy, dispersion=0.0002908;

Does this look right? Maths never was my strong point... banghead.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Any advice would be a life-saver.

Many thanks  thumbs-up.gif ,

CH

You are correct that is the way OFP handles dispersion I found this out myself quit a wile ago and have "field" tested it and used it to calculate my M4 addon(a bit too accurate for now).

STGN

Thanks STGN mate, it's sorted now.

Heya TP, great to see the CAVS project rolling again! thumbs-up.gif

Cheers,

CH

Looks to be coming along very nicely! As far as I can tell.

One suggestion though, from playing various JAM required missions and through the Tonal campaign. I think it would make things far less confusing for those of us not intimately familiar with ammo and ballistics, if the mags were NAMED, rather than described.

For example if a 10x7.62x32 mag (or whatever it is) is only used for an SVD, can't the mag just be called SVD? confused_o.gif

Looks to be coming along very nicely! As far as I can tell.

One suggestion though, from playing various JAM required missions and through the Tonal campaign. I think it would make things far less confusing for those of us not intimately familiar with ammo and ballistics, if the mags were NAMED, rather than described.

For example if a 10x7.62x32 mag (or whatever it is) is only used for an SVD, can't the mag just be called SVD?  confused_o.gif

I would agree with this, but I'm not sure if it is possible due to the zany way configs work. IIRC, the same "magazine" can be fired by many different weapons.

If you had a 5.56x30 magazine, it could be fired by an m16a2, an m4, or a lot of other weapons. So if you only had m16s in the mission, seeing "m16 magazine" would be just fine. But if you had m16s AND m4s, it would be confusing.

However, there might be a (slightly complicated) way to work this. You could make it so that each magazine can be 'named' by the mission editor. If the editor doesn't name it, then it would default to the standard names. It could be done thru some interesting coding, but I'm not entirely sure if it would be worthwhile.