Sign in to follow this  
cornhelium

2 Soundpacks for the new MAAM

C4P741N  or SEAL84 think about it, if you make a single weapon pack that should be made with very hight cuality models... well, why make a MAAM or JAM magazine standard ?

(the objective of this one is to share your ammo with your partner so both of you could use your favorite M4 or AK74 model, at least is how I understand it)

Just take one of the great weapons pack out there (like INQ,HK...) and update him(with authors permision of course).

But, .... how many weapons do you want to include in the weapon pack? because there are a lot of diferent models from M4 to AK74 , HK and his variants... this could finish with a 100 mb file at least... -> MAAMW (mutually acepted ammo & magazines & weapons) Noo, and I don't want to know nothing about update this 100mb file (poor 56kb guys)

Like cornhelium said, "One of the great things about JAM is that it has a very small footprint memory wise".

Addon makers could make his own weapons for his soldiers or use any of the great packs out there, better if they are JAM or MAAM compatible. You can always replace his weapon in the editor

On the other hand, update this packs to made it JAM or MAAM compatible will be also great. (I'm thinking in hk_pack and INQ_pack that uses his own ammo config).

Excuse for my english   tounge_o.gif

I very much like the sounds, and the new values.  But I've just been tinkering with the FLASHRAM addon, and I think that this would definitely be something to also implement into MAAM!  It makes you want to play nightmaps without NVgoggles, and is even better in CQB environments.  The simple strobing of automatic fire in the dark adds to the atmosphere and strategy of a firefight, especially in multiplayer.  This effect doesn't seem to have a big effect on performance and greatly adds to the realism of the ammo.

At the moment FLASHRAM is implemented to the unit itself, which means if you run a FLASHRAM mod, only the default BIS units are using the FLASHRAM mod, whereas newer units like the HYK's US pack, E&S, ORCs and Laser's units are all still shooting in the dark, but is there anyway to add it to the weapons and ammo?  I only do units and soundpacks at the moment and I'm not clever with weapons configs so this may be an impossibility, but would be damn brilliant if it could be included.

Anyway just an idea, I love your work it's brilliant with the new sound pack and don't get too discouraged by people detracting this idea just because it's not a JAM update.... yet.  biggrin_o.gif

I now understand and agree with those against adding models to MAAM/JAM. However I am still looking for a universal way of removing those infuriatingly shit silhouette optics.To all who would make future weapon addons... Please go to the extra effort of making decent optics for your guns. smile_o.gif

Cap.

Quote[/b] ]and if so, can i use MAAM with units that require JAM2?

Not now. MAAM currently uses MAAM tags. If approved by BAS and MAAM can revert to JAM tags, all existing JAM2 missions, weapons, addons, etc., will work with MAAM. We might likely drop the name MAAM at that point and call this JAM3.

Any news on this?

Quote[/b] ]Any news on this?

Small moves mate, small moves  wink_o.gif

Corhelium, we can spill the beans a little bit.

<span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'>BAS has given us approval to revert to JAM tags.</span>

That means that we're preparing to produce a beta version of JAM3. It will no longer be called MAAM, as it will be a direct continuation of JAM2.

JAM3 will be upward compatible with JAM2 addons and missions and will include all other changes since offered by MAAM 1.3 but with JAM tags.

We're going to start off with an initial closed beta testing phase.

In the meantime, we need player's input and especially input from reputable addons makers and teams as to what else we should consider incorporating into JAM3.

Like I said, stay tune. I'm very busy and so is Cornhelium with RL. But we're clear to move on in the right direction that will be best for all of us.

Hehe, fair enough Avon.

May I take this opportunity to say a big THANK YOU to BAS for giving permission, and also to Avon for taking the initiative in the first place.

We will start assembling a small beta testing team next week and start a dedicated thread in A&M:D. MAAM 1.3 will be the starting point for JAM3, so please keep your comments coming on the new MAAM biggrin_o.gif

Please sit tight, this may be a long process due to RL pressure all round. crazy_o.gif

Cheers friends xmas_o.gif

Cornhelium

time to rename the thread to JAM 3 then? :P

I'd rather start a new one, since this is a major turn for the better and will have us all reverting to JAM instead of MAAM tags.

Patience. Patience.

what can I say mmmm let me see

ˇˇˇCONGRATULATIONS!!!

wink_o.gif

Good work. If need help...  biggrin_o.gif

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>BAS has given us approval to revert to JAM tags.</span>

Severe wootage! biggrin_o.gif . Thankyou BAS, Avon & Cornhelium. I can't wait for JAM3.

Cap.

cools!!!!

i just hope it won't take too much memory while playing it. is it possible to somehow down size the textures of the new gun models?

or can you guys somehow reduce footprint memory. that was the only disadvantage with maam. while playing rebel road that's the only thing i came across.

everything else is great.

biggrin_o.gif  what is footprint memory??? Only bad thing i experienced was that i got killed in 2 minutes  tounge_o.gif I usually get wounded first then killed  biggrin_o.gif I think the gun models worked really nice, i haven't experienced any lag or that kind of stuff at all, when i did a smaller 4 squads vs 4 squads combined arms i didn't experience any lag as i would have been experiencing when i would been playing with jam sometimes, but i did only use the default jam hd troops wich are bis soldiers that don't take much cpu i think rock.gif

Hoopla, big thanks to the BAS guys as well for allowing their JAM project to keep evolving even though the BAS guys have gone to bigger better things.

And big congratulations to Avon and the rest of the MAAM team. Here's to another excellent example of why the OFP Modding community is still one of the best out there. biggrin_o.gif

Awesome to hear about this! Thanks to Avon, Cornhelium, BAS, and everyone else involved!

I have one question:

Would it be possible for the final JAM3 to not use the current sound folder system, but rather the .pbo? I understand the purpose of it (flexibility), but I fear the use for those who would cheat with it. (ie. replace a silenced round's sound with a very loud one, etc.)

I think to offer the sound flexibility, you could just do as you did with this thread (offer multiple sound .pbos, etc)

Thanks for everything! biggrin_o.gif

Would it be possible for the final JAM3 to not use the current sound folder system, but rather the .pbo? I understand the purpose of it (flexibility), but I fear the use for those who would cheat with it. (ie. replace a silenced round's sound with a very loud one, etc.)

I think to offer the sound flexibility, you could just do as you did with this thread (offer multiple sound .pbos, etc)

This is a known issue and must still be considered before JAM3 is finalized.

This is a known issue and must still be considered before JAM3 is finalized.

Gotcha. wink_o.gif Thanks for the quick response.

That would be very great if you creat a file "sound.pbo" wich replace BIS one using your great "Rainbow sound pack" , I'm sure that will help a lot of people who want to use "only" the sounds without any modification of the ammunition wink_o.gif