Sign in to follow this  
cornhelium

2 Soundpacks for the new MAAM

Well hi there!

MAAM 1.3 is now released, and there are two soundpacks for it - the Community Soundpack and the Rainbow Soundpack. You must use one of these two packs for MAAM 1.3 to work, but you can use whichever one you prefer the sound of.

Download links and mirrors (thanks Avon):

====================================================================

MAAMv1.3

--------

Filefront

Rapidshare

Community Soundpack

-------------------

Filefront

Rapidshare

Rainbow Soundpack

-----------------

Filefront

Rapidshare

Repeater MG sounds for Community Pack

-------------------------------------

Filefront

Rapidshare

Repeater MG sounds for Rainbow Pack

-----------------------------------

Filefront

Rapidshare

More mirrors on the way

Download from Flashpoint.ru

=========================================================================

====================================================

Quote[/b] ]MAAM 1.3: Summary Of Changes:

1.30 - New sounds for most weapons - big thanks to the OFP community & Uziyahu

- Now you can tell who's shooting at you! Separated magazine fire sounds for AK47/SKS/RPK47, AK74/RPK74, RPD/PKM, M16/M4, M60/M240, Remington/M21, M203/GP30, RPG/LAW/M136. These previously used the same sounds.  (Please see MAAM_Credits-Filenames.xls in Amore external files)

- Added separate reload sounds for most of the default MAAM weapons. (Please see MAAM_Credits-Filenames.xls in Amore external files)

- Changed the bullet fly and some of the bullet impact sounds. They are generally more varied and noticeable now. (Please see MAAM_Credits-Filenames.xls in Amore external files)

- Added M249, RPK-47 and RPK-74 to the default MAAM weapons set. Big thanks to Earl for the M249 and RPK-74 and Inquisitor (and original CounterStrike authors) for the -47. Weapons can be found under MAAM - Men/Auto Rifleman, for all sides.

- MAAM now uses top-notch models for the AK-74, AK-74GL, AKS-74U, AK-47, AK-47GL, M60, PKM and FAL. Big thanks to Earl, DKM_rambozo, Ak74m, and Inquisitor (with credit to original CounterStrike authors)

- Added some new MAAM groups for all sides: Rifle Squad, Rifle Squad with Fire Support, Rifle Squad with Sniper Support, Fire Team, Sniper Team.

- Added a new MAAM unit for all sides: Spotter (for Sniper Teams)

- Added BIS_WeaponPack to the config in the required addons section. Should fix error messages.

- Corrected a couple of typos in the Soundhits section of the config.

- Included an Editor mission allowing players to quickly identify and preview all the weapon sounds. Recommend turning markers on (F6) in the mission editor to see how the ammo is grouped by caliber and cartridge size.

- Included a conversion of BAS mission Rebel Road (with thanks to Nagual). All soldiers use MAAM weapons and magazines. Some other MAAM equipment is available in the Gear selection screen. Mission requires the BAS Tonal/Tango pack.

- Included an open config file, with all 1.30 changes highlighted (Recommend using Wordpad to view the file - Word screws up the formatting!)

---- Known issues with v1.30: AKM Riflegrenade - grenade doesn't show when loaded (Needs new modelspecial) ----

==========================================================

Requirements and installation:

==========================================================

Quote[/b] ]Requirements:

1.  OFP version 1.91 or greater.

2.  AMORE.

3. Community Soundpack for MAAMv1.3, OR Rainbow Soundpack for MAAMv1.3

---------------------------------------------------

Installing MAAM:

Perform the following steps:

1. Extract the enclosed file, MAAM_Magazines.pbo, to OFP's \RES\Addons\ folder or to an OFP mod folder of your choice.

2. Install AMORE by downloading and executing the AMORE Installer:

http://www.filefront.com/?filepa.....00.exe

or manually extract and install AMORE's files from this RAR archive:

http://www.filefront.com/?filepa.....00.rar

For information about AMORE, click on  the AMORE menu selection at the OFP FAQ:

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/

3. Download and install one of the 2 new Soundpacks:

Community Soundpack

Rainbow Soundpack

Simply extract the OFPR_Amore_MAAM_CommunityPack.rar .>or< OFPR_Amore_MAAM_RainbowPack.rar to your OperationFlashpoint directory, allowing any older files to be overwritten.

4. (Optional) Download and install the Repeater Sounds for the Community or Rainbow Soundpacks. These make AI machine gunners sound more like they are using full auto:

Repeater Sounds for CommunityPack

Repeater Sounds for RainbowPack

Simply extract the .rar file to your OperationFlashpoint directory, allowing any older files to be overwritten. If you don't like the repeater sounds, simply repeat the install from Step 3.

5. (Optional) From this zip file, move the MAAM Sound Demo.Intro folder into your OperationFlashpoint\Users\yourusername\missions folder. This is an editor mission on the Desert Island, allowing you to quickly preview and identify most of the sounds (the soldiers are named with their weapons' sound filenames). I recommend you hit F6 in the editor to show markers.

6. (Optional) From this zip file, move the BAS_Isle_MAAMRebelRoad_v1.1.BAS_I2.pbo into your OperationFlashpoint/Missions folder. Thanks to BAS for allowing the conversion of this great mission. All soldiers are now armed with MAAM weapons and magazines. Most MAAM weapons and magazines are also available in the Gear selection screen, so you can try out the new models and sounds first hand! Note: Mission requires BAS Tonal/Tango pack.

====================================================================

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Both packs show off the different magazine sounds in the new MAAM config. Now you can tell whether you're being shot at by an AKM or an SKS, an RPD or a PKM, an M4 or M16, even a LAW or M136 crazy_o.gif

The Community Pack sounds have been combed from far and wide in the OFP community, from FDF to NZDF, WWIIEC to TOS, and edited, mixed, turned up, down, inside out and back to front to sound fairly balanced with each other. biggrin_o.gif

Big thanks to the all members of the OFP community who gave permission for the sounds to be used. For full credits, please see MAAM_Credits-Filenames[Community].xls your OFP/Amore folder.

The Rainbow Pack is intended as an alternative for those who don't like the Community Pack. The Rainbow sounds are very clipped and high-quality, and are strangely reminiscent of OFP 1.00 sounds...I love 'em!

For full credits, please see MAAM_Credits-Filenames[Rainbow].xls your OFP/Amore folder.

The Repeater Sounds affect machine guns only, and play 2 fire sounds for every one shot fired, at the exact rate of fire of the gun in question. This makes the AI machine gunners sound more like they are using full auto, but may not be to everybody's taste, so they are an optional extra.

Hope you like the sounds. If not, why not release your own AMORE soundpack? That's the beauty of MAAM/AMORE!

Cheers,

Cornhelium

Nice update cornhelium. Any chance of replacing all M16/M4 variants with Suchey & Earl weapons and optics?

Silhouette optics are my pet hate of OFP.

Cap.

Nice update cornhelium. Any chance of replacing all M16/M4 variants with Suchey & Earl weapons and optics?

The goal of MAAM is not different than it was for JAM: making ammo and magazine settings in OFP more realistic and coordinated.

This is not a gun visual model addon mod.

The goal of MAAM is not different than it was for JAM: making ammo and magazine settings in OFP more realistic and coordinated.

I think it should be both. Choose the best config/model/optics from the OFP community to represent each weapon defined in MAAM/JAM. Just my $0.02. wink_o.gif

Cap.

Hi C4P741N,

I know where you're coming from, but the filesize could get too big if models are added needlessly.

I upgraded the AKs, PK, M60 and FAL simply because so many addons use the JAM versions of these weapons. Thus if/when BAS give approval for MAAM to revert to JAM, we would see Tonalis, Russian OpFor, Newiy's OpfFor, Edge's Guerillas etc using these upgraded models.

However, the growing trend is for addons to use, say, Laser/ ORCS/E&S weapons equipped with JAM magazines. And rightly so. Look at Hyk's latest troops - they use Laser's US Weapons pack for models, and JAM magazines. Earl & Suchey also made a version of their MARPATs that use their own awesome weapons with JAM magazines. This is the purpose that JAM was intended to serve - it provides the magazines only and gives balance between weapons by different authors. Adding E&S or LSR M16 models to MAAM/JAM would thus be a waste of memory in this case.

I think MAAM should only upgrade weapon models if there is a popular addon that already uses the JAM version of that weapon. Eg. The JAM RPD, Mosin Nagant and G3 are used by the Tonalis, so there would be a case for upgrading those models if better ones could be found.

The real meat of MAAM is in the config values for the magazines. Do you want WGL-style engagement ranges? FDF-style recoils? Both? Neither? Are you making an exotic weapon and want a new magazine for it? Well, the ball is in your court biggrin_o.gif

Cheers,

Cornhelium

I read this topic, and the other one from avonlady, and I still thinking in the main problem..

No weapons are configured to used MAAM, and I don't think people is gonna change the JAM tag from every weapon pack they have, -> unpbo the weapons, reconfig and repbo. just To much work. (moders can always make an update config file, but I think they will not)

And if done... what would happen to mp games? same weapon (e.g. INQ_M4) but one client uses MAAM and the other one still ussing the original ammo config ? I'm not pretty sure if this will work.

I think that would be great if people from BAS let you update JAM up to this version of MAAM.

And what about creating a JAM studio that could be supervised from a BAS member ? so this member only have to check the new JAM version and give his ok.

I thinking I going a bit off-topic.. sorry.

This work is great anyway.. but i feel like watching a great alternative to use a clean energy in the cars, but someone with all the power saying a big NO to this clean energy.

I think that would be great if people from BAS let you update JAM up to this version of MAAM.

That's what we're aiming for.

Quote[/b] ]And what about creating a JAM studio that could be supervised from a BAS member ? so this member only have to check the new JAM version and give his ok.

That won't be necessary. I've PM'd someone from BAS who had previously told me that if MAAM seriously advances beyond JAM, we'll have their blessing to revert to JAM tags.

Quote[/b] ]This work is great anyway.. but i feel like watching a great alternative to use a clean energy in the cars, but someone with all the power saying a big NO to this clean energy.

A little bit more patience, please. MAAM 1.3 was only released yesterday and I only fired off a message to a BAS member today. He's usually good about replying promptly, so let's give this a bit of time. For all I know, the person is out of town, on vacation or whatever. But our goal is to revert back to 100% JAM compatibility and advance onward to include new and better definitions.

Hi does those packs replace BIS official sounds ?  rock.gif

In the same way that JAM does. You need to have a weapon defined to use JAM magazines and ammo.

So, this will not affect default OFP sounds. This will control sounds of weapons defined to use JAM magazines and ammo.

Read the original JAM documentation included in the MAAM 1.3 download file.

I can be patient I still waiting ofp2 and ECP 1.075 and didn't get crazy biggrin_o.gif.

I back to see the date of the first MAAM post (old thread) and I see was only from a couple of days before (6 - feb). but has 137 post wow_o.gif . I lost the time sense? (don't know if I wrote it right)

My apologise.

Hi does those packs replace BIS official sounds ? rock.gif

In the same way that JAM does. You need to have a weapon defined to use JAM magazines and ammo.

So, this will not affect default OFP sounds. This will control sounds of weapons defined to use JAM magazines and ammo.

Read the original JAM documentation included in the MAAM 1.3 download file.

Thank you lady wink_o.gif

need answer to a question, does MAAM replace JAM 2?

and if so, can i use MAAM with units that require JAM2?

even if the units are made after MAAM was releaced and requires JAM2?

if all questions are answerd with yes ill remove all JAM2 files and just use MAAM biggrin_o.gif

these sounds are really nice smile_o.gif

need answer to a question, does MAAM replace JAM 2?

Currently, not seemlessly. The goal however is, yes, to replace JAM2 - transparently.

Quote[/b] ]and if so, can i use MAAM with units that require JAM2?

Not now. MAAM currently uses MAAM tags. If approved by BAS and MAAM can revert to JAM tags, all existing JAM2 missions, weapons, addons, etc., will work with MAAM. We might likely drop the name MAAM at that point and call this JAM3.

Quote[/b] ]even if the units are made after MAAM was releaced and requires JAM2?

The MAAM project is currently in a limbo phase. Without BAS' approval, we cannot yet use their JAM tag. If we get the approval, everyone's happy. If we don't get it, the community will have to decide whether they want to live with JAM2 forever or move on to improved ammo and mag definitions and new ones as well. See my previous posts. MAAM 1.3 just came out yesterday.

Quote[/b] ]if all questions are answerd with yes ill remove all JAM2 files and just use MAAM biggrin_o.gif

No one's suggesting you do that at this point.

Quote[/b] ]these sounds are really nice smile_o.gif

That's one of the major benefits. smile_o.gif

Thank you for all the answers avon, even if the last 3 didnt really need a answer since they where quite obvious after the first 2 answers ;)

If units require JAM2, you could not delete jam pbos because this units use JAM2, not MAAM , even if they are relesed after MAAM.

Unless the addon maker config the weapons to use MAAM, but if requires JAM2, you need JAM pbos

If you want to use a unit with MAAM you have to reconfig his weapons to use MAAM.

Edit:

Avon Lady wrote:

Quote[/b] ]If we don't get it, the community will have to decide whether they want to live with JAM2 forever or move on to improved ammo and mag definitions and new ones as well

Not really, you could always config the weapon to use both.. JAM and MAAM. sounds silly, but new weapons will be compatible with old jam standard and new MAAM standard

Is there anything like the JAM high dispersion values?

Argh! crazy_o.gif

MAAM has everything in it that was defined in JAM2 and more!

Right now, the only difference is in the names of the mag and ammo definitions. Instead of starting with "JAM_" tags, they begin with "MAAM_".

See my previous posts how we hope that with V1.3, BAS will give their approval to let MAAM revert to using JAM tags.

Then why replace 90% of the other weapon models?

Then why replace 90% of the other weapon models?

I'm sorry. I don't know what you're asking or what you're referring to. Can you please clarify your question?

C4P741N asked if the M4/M16 models can be replaced...your answer was basically to the effect of "no, that's not the point of MAAM."

However, nearly every other weapon model has already been replaced with a high-quality addon...it seems to me that there's no reason why the M4 and M16s can't also be replaced as well.

C4P741N asked if the M4/M16 models can be replaced...your answer was basically to the effect of "no, that's not the point of MAAM."

However, nearly every other weapon model has already been replaced with a high-quality addon...it seems to me that there's no reason why the M4 and M16s can't also be replaced as well.

List me all of the weapons models that MAAM replaces, other than the AT launcher. rock.gif

Hi SEAL,

As far as I know, no other addons actually >use< the JAM M16s and XM177.

On the other hand, the Tonalis, Edge's Guerillas, BAS OpFor, Newiy OpFor all use AKs & PKs, the FAL and the M60.

The RPKs and M249 I had in during the test phase to try out sounds in-game. Consider them a bonus  tounge_o.gif

In terms of usage by existing addons, I think there'd be more of a case for upgrading the RPD, SKS and Mosin Nagant models than the M16 and XM177.

The problem is, where do you stop? I know you'd like MAAM to become a "one-stop weapons shop", but I think it would end up with a lot of duplication. Eg. Hyk's latest infantry use weapons from the LSR US weapons pack, loaded with JAM magazines. In this case, special models for the JAM M16s would be wasted, and would bump up the filesize.

One of the great things about JAM is that it has a very small footprint memory wise. We have to be realistic about what's already out there, and strike a balance between a quality game experience (sounds, models) and keeping this small footprint.

Cheers,

Cornhelium

got finnaly time to try the new maam and i thought i was blessed with a new uber mod weapons or something biggrin_o.gif

and its just jam but more improved and better

unclesam.gif thx Avon and Cornhelium, i just can't stop loving them weapon sounds xmas_o.gif

I hope you make it so that i can replace jam with these totally so i don't need to have one more mod folder among my 20 or so of mod folders tounge_o.gif