Sign in to follow this  
pedro870

Set player scores to 0

I would like to set up our multiplayer server, or the maps on it, so the players do not gain any points in the game. The reason is simple: we want team play, not invidual rankings. Flag score, or ch score = team score is enough.

The question is, how can i set this? In editing, I haven't find any commands to reduce score, or to set score only to add score. I tried to add negative score but it didn't worked. I know it is possible to disable the score table (I button), but ofpwatch or other score tracking programs still log the scores.

And also, our server is on ofpserverstat, and the admin has left that site, he didn't remove our server from the tracking. although I've asked him to do so smile_o.gif. It is good to see who plays on the server, and how much, but the invidual score in ofp does not make any sense, but it can make trouble.

So, do anyone has any idea about modifying (disabling) the invidual score system?

I've received a hint to try addscore with negative score again smile_o.gif

It seems to work.

Diggin up this post since this is the only one i found about the subjects i needed, How did you do to remove the score? i m also looking for something like that to improve coop experience.

well for pvp you could have ppl play west / east vs res (friendly).

in addition edit the stringtable to have it show the same text on friendly fire like it was a fine kill.

vs ai this doesnt work  confused_o.gif

i tried to change it in the GUI, but didnt find it. is it hard coded - anyone knows ?

It can be done like this with a server-side script run from each playable units init line:

init line: [this] exec "score.sqs"

put game logic named "server" in mission

save this in the mission folder as "score.sqs":

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_player = _this select 0

?!local server : exit

#loop

_score = score _player

?_score > 0 : _player addscore (0 - _score)

~2

goto "loop"

The problem is that you can still see the amount of kills (how many infantry, soft, armor, air, player kills).

edit: got bored so I fixed the script

Thanks, but that mean modifying all missions on the server.

I hope there can be some workaround.

be patient for a few more weeks whistle.gif

we found a solution wink_o.gif pm me mate icon_rolleyes.gif