Sign in to follow this  
Bruce205

Can you say Immersion?

This game absolutely rocks! As the title says, its all about "Immersion" I feel like I am actually in that soldiers boots. No other game has done that for me.

The wide open spaces to roam around in and experience the tension of war is dead on (I was in US Navy but it seems realistic to me) Any Army or Marine types agree with this?

My biggest hope for this game is for it to become bigger and bigger and maintain a healthy Internet forum community,Mod support,etc.

Just wanted everyone to know. Thanks.

ahh,, Thought this was about the cool app 'Immersion TouchWare', which comes with the LogiTech iFeel mouse.

Don't have it? Get it! Then you really get a 'feeling' for the game wink.gif

Yea, OPF is the best game so far.

One more thing. Lots of people are saying OFP. How is that. It's not Oferation Plashpoint but Operation Flashpoint so it should be OPF or OF.

Ok, ok, i don't wanna make major discussion about this. wink.gif

There was this major discussion about wether it should be 'OFP' or 'OPF' back in the old dayes (one year ago..?) over at OFPN. After some good points from both side, the 'OFP' supporters won.

Why?,, Because 'Flashpoint' in a short word would be 'FP',, 'cause what the heck is 'F'? And OPFP would be too long, and to hard to pronunce. So,, 'OFP' it is.

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snake1999 @ Jan. 12 2002,23:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ahh,, Thought this was about the cool app 'Immersion TouchWare', which comes with the LogiTech iFeel mouse.

Don't have it? Get it! Then you really get a 'feeling' for the game wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I have that mouse but i don't fell anything. Just a few vibrations. smile.gif Must be my computer. He doesn't like immersion. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snake1999 @ Jan. 12 2002,23:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There was this major discussion about wether it should be 'OFP' or 'OPF' back in the old dayes (one year ago..?) over at OFPN. After some good points from both side, the 'OFP' supporters won.

Why?,, Because 'Flashpoint' in a short word would be 'FP',, 'cause what the heck is 'F'? And OPFP would be too long, and to hard to pronunce. So,, 'OFP' it is.

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, nice to know that. I can still write OPF, can't i. It sounds better for me.

I've used 'OFP' for a year now but I don't care if someone uses 'OPF', 'OPFP', 'OPFlash' or any other possible short name. There is no official short name for Operation Flashpoint so as long as it's not something like 'OPRNFINT' then I'm happy with what ever people like to call it.

And i like my iFeel mouse too. smile.gif

Also, in the old forums, Suma and others used "OFP Developer" as the description in the poster information area.