Sign in to follow this  
AdmiralKarlDonuts

Helicopter powerup sound???

How do I add that powerup sound to a helicopter? I pulled apart the USMC AH-1W Beta and the BAS Black Hawks - which both have it - and tried adding the relevant parts to my config, but no dice.

Can someone post an example of how I might do this from scratch, without cutting up other people's scripts and configs?

Many thanks. smile_o.gif

PS here's what I'm trying to make work: essentially copy/pasted from those aforementioned configs.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class EventHandlers

{

engine ="if (_this select 1) then {[_this select 0] exec ""\s84_uh1h\scripts\powerup.sqs""}";

};

class CfgSounds

{

class Powerup

{

sound[]={"\s84_uh1h\powerup.ogg",db-30,1};

name = "powerup";

titles[] = {};

};

};

Now to powerup.sqs...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_huey = _this select 0

? (getpos _huey select 2) <2:_huey say "powerup"

exit

powerup.ogg is located in the root \s84_uh1h directory.

It looks to me like this should all work, so I'm clueless.

Try this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">engine ="if (_this select 1) then {[_this select 0] exec {\s84_uh1h\scripts\powerup.sqs}}";

everything else looks ok.

Looks okay, but your engine will start running imemdiately, and you just may not hear the sound over the regular engine one?

Try a sidechat in your script. to debug

Cheers

Hmmm, I tried the syntax CSJ suggested and added a debug globalchat....it seems that the script isn't being called at all. No error messages, but no sound and no globalchat.

The investigation continues rock.gif

You've got the:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class EventHandlers

{

engine ="if (_this select 1) then {[_this select 0] exec ""\s84_uh1h\scripts\powerup.sqs""}";

};

inside the CfgVehicles definition of your unit, yep? And the

CfgSounds outside?

You've got the:

{

};

inside the CfgVehicles definition of your unit, yep? And the

CfgSounds outside?

Oooof...that was it. the eventhandlers were not in the right place. That's fixed it - thanks footmunch smile_o.gif

BTW how's the Mudhen coming? hehehe...