Sign in to follow this  
343rdBadger

LAN CONNECTIONS

I now have 2 computers and wanted to connect them in a multiplayer mission...I'm using a network cable between the two and have file sharing set up.I host one comp running 1.94 (which is not a dedicated server) and set to "lan"...then try to connect the second comput to it (also set to "lan" )but cannot make connection.The games don't even show on the screen.Am I missing something here?I also tried to connect the second machine using the TCIP remote entry...no go as well.Do you have to have a dedicated server to host a LAN?Or am I not connecting because of not using the proper method?This should be a straight forward connection I thought?...HELP sad_o.gif

You're sure the LAN is setup right? You can see each computer and shared files? If so are you running a firewall in either computer? If using XP have you disabled its built in firewall? If you use a firewall you'll need to open the required ports.....

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/resistance/mp/firewall.htm

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/mp/cantmp.htm

Well..no fire wall that I know of?..I'm not using sp2 as yet.i can see the files between the two comps..in fact alot of one instal I transfered to the new instal over the lan..so I 'm pretty sure its working right?So I guess this is supposed to work then..but which method is the right one?...can anyone give a quick step by step to see if im missing something?

Do You Have A Copy of the game For Each Machine or just 1 to share between them?

Are Both Machines Running 1.94?

Have You Tryed Patching To Version 1.96?

Have you tryed other games On your LAN?

Are You Running Direct Play Or Sockets?

System Specs?

Found the problem..there in fact was a firewall up on one machine..I just didn't notice it.After disableing that..it was like clockwork....very easy.What a blast being your own gunner tounge_o.gif .And using ron spiers multiplayer mission is great when sending out recon patrols with you alter ego onboard to see whats goin on..hehehe