Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

Semper Fidelis

Do the marines use the Stryker? That would be sweet to have in OFP, a nice stryker with the slut armour and such! biggrin_o.gif

Nope, only the US army is using it smile_o.gif

I have a bad news about the mine plow. It cannot used on the actual M1A1 from me. If i have to reduce the polys on the M1A1 about 1.300 till 2.000 ... that means from 7.200 to about 5.000. It have something to do with poly limitations and the track selections.

it's for real? there's got to be another way...

does my info helped abit? wink_o.gif

please, ofp addons creation aces, help FK!!!!

notworthy.gif

@ Soul_Assassin: Good iea and i tried it. I made a proxy with path to my mine plow. It worked in Buldozer but ingam it is not visible. I think it is only possible on static objects. Or do you have experience with it? Then maybe you could provide more help?

Check the new t90 that was released, it has a mine plow that you can deploy.

@sv5000: the difference betwwen with mine M1A1 and the t90 ist my tank has a polycount of 7250 and the T90 + mine plow (hiddenselection) has a polycount of 5500 (AFIK). With mine plow the M1A1 has a poly count of 8500 ... so ...

Check the new t90 that was released, it has a mine plow that you can deploy.

what they did there was basically made it visible through setobjecttexture, which ment if it was invisible it would still explode mines so many meters infront.

@FK

i dunno what is wrong my best bet is probably config defenition is wrong, but thats not my plate smile_o.gif

ahh, so it does not really deploy, its always there?

After some serious erors with OFP and these babys i could fix it ...

AbramsFull.jpg

Guest The Cobra

Nice.. Like the plow

smile_o.gif

wow, i like that M1A1 HC fitted with Battlefield Management System(FEP) and that with mine plow is nice, but only m1a1 were with mine plows or also m1a1hc? if it is, so give mine plow to hc as well...

what are those smoke grenade launchers on HC? strange, i didn't saw enything like that...

Nice work. The mine plow looks really cool,glad you could get it working biggrin_o.gif

Guest The Cobra
...could get it working...

Well?

Does it really work? Does it set of mines before the tank hits it?

Guest The Cobra
I meant appearing on the model ingame... huh.gif

No offence the question was aimed to FishKopp

smile_o.gif

After some serious erors with OFP and these babys i could fix it ...

[imghttp://www.web-upload.de/data/media/38/AbramsFull.jpg[/img]

Ah, nice to see you finally got the plow managed to work ingame.

Oh, and I see, you added the MCD to the M1A1HC, now we just need to get it working.

MCD? what is that?

Do a google search for "M1A1HC MCD".

Quoting the only result:

Quote[/b] ]The Marines made some cosmetic changes to their Abrams as well. They added a Missile Countermeasures Device (MCD) on top of the manhole cover. This is the square device that some people confuse for a version of the CITV. It serves a totally different purpose by directing anti-tank guided missiles away from the tank.

MCD? what is that?

Do a google search for "M1A1HC MCD".

Quoting the the only result:

Quote[/b] ]The Marines made some cosmetic changes to their Abrams as well. They added a Missile Countermeasures Device (MCD) on top of the manhole cover. This is the square device that some people confuse for a version of the CITV. It serves a totally different purpose by directing anti-tank guided missiles away from the tank.

Sounds more likea Shtora rip off.

i think it's almost the same as one iraqi used on it's T-72s, electromagnetic dazler... shtora works a bit different...

Quote[/b] ]In western armies, countermeasures rely mainly on deployment of smoke screen, and, to some extent, on IR countermeasures. Smoke which enable the tank to perform evasive maneuvers to counter the threat. Since 1991, as lessons learned from Desert Storm, some platforms received electro-optical (IR) jammers. The US Army fitted the Loral VLQ-6 Missile Countermeasures Device (MCD) also known as HardHat, that just missed the 1991 war, and later bought the Sanders VLQ-8As, equipping M-1A1 Abrams MBTs and M-2/3 Bradley AIFVs. The MCD is used as a part of a comprehensive warning and threat response ECM system, which detects and intercepts laser signals indicating an imminent attack. The system then emits IR signals to disrupt the threat's Violin Mk1 MCD seen here on an Israeli Centurion tankmissile/command unit tracking loop. MCDs are typically mounted high above the turret and scan the frontal arc to detect and decoy away most of the widely used ATGMs. The system is also integrated with the M6 countermeasure device which launch smoke and flares.

nope, i can say, it's defenetly same as shtora smile_o.gif even in engagement and scaning... great! now abrams will have better protection from ATGMs, thought 2nd Gulf War showed, abrams is weak for rpgs... wink_o.gif

never mind, just great, please make this "tiny" thing work correctly notworthy.gif