Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

SkyDiving Addon

Tks for the link deadly.

Bonko..tks for the report. It will be rectified on the next upgrade.

Miles, tks to deadly..its done.

Imshi:- what u propose can be done, but it will mean changing the default parachuting sequence in the main config to mine, which wouldnt be realistic, i know for sure GI joes dont freefall...

it's possible to have men class addon with the freefall option, so that each time if he ever jumps outta an aircraft, he skydives, thru the use of the getout eventhandler in config. I didnt do it because it would mean a duplication of addons which are better than what i could create. So i just use the most common soldier likely to skydive, the special ops, as it is a special military commision to be able to skydive.

And kept an empty class parachute so that u can use for your fave soldiers to skydive.

Also anyone can modify the config to use only his fave soldier to skydive thru the config, just change the line crew = "yerfaveparatrooper".

PCparachute ver1.2 - another 7 days to download :-P

its the same, except for 1 extra line in the config to remove the additional A10 in the editor.

Sorry to dig up a (slightly) old thread, but I just found this addon and I'm using it in a mission, but I have a few qustions.

Is it normal for this addon to still have the Flaps Up/Down, Gear Up/Down, and their associated sounds enabled?

It's really bugging me that when the parachute deploys I hear that landing gear sound. And the menu options kind of spoil the immersion a bit... I'm not a fan of autopilot either, since the parachute flying is intuitive and easy to pick up (and a helluva lot of fun).

Also, is there a way to use the mouse to look around and the keys to maneuver the parachute? It'd make landing on targets a lot easier if I could look down at the ground without picthing forward.

Lastly there are a two more things which I can only consider bugs:

- If you hit a tree or building too fast you explode (like any other air unit). I don't object to taking damage from these objects, but it's pretty weird having your little trooper erupt into a massive fireball after a hard landing in some poor Nogovan's apple orchard.

- When the parachute deploys the player turns immediately to face the north, regardless of what the azimuth settings are for that unit or that parachute. This means you can really only approach a target from the south if you want to avoid the sudden disorienting heading change.

Incidentally I'm running this with the Y2K3 mod (using the BAS Delta units in my mission).

[edit]

Y2K3 version 6 that is, I only just started downloading 7.

Wow! didnt know there would be interest in this addon after so long.

hehe..as usual with my addons, its all purely experimental for i had nothing to compare or copy from, from models to scripts.

With regards to hitting a tree and explode, it was my mistake in cfgvehicle setting to not make a destrtype= line and when i made the addon, i was using the standing bis systems without any makeover mods.

As for the facing north, it was a lapse on my part, for i had to ensure as little commands as possible is in the script so as not to overload the cpu, so left out a setdir line. Usually when the parachute opens in real, u would be drag up into the air anyway, when the lines unwind, twisting u everywhere and no control over where your direction will be. With this in mind i thought just leave out the setdir.

As for looking around, i have not tried it out ( i cheat cos i use 3rd person view for landings! tounge_o.gif)

Currently i am working on several projects, and one of them is a new special force soldier with the latest improvements in AI scripts which will include the para script too. Air land and sea SF...not sure when it can be completed as new developments are being pioneered everyday! tounge_o.gif

It might already be explained, but how do you make it so you don't start out with a deployed chute?

PS. These are awesome. I can land on the balcony of Lipany's city hall with this thing.

You just need to make sure your starting height is above 300. The parachute deploys automatically at that altitude, so if you start below it the chute will already be deployed.

I actually prefer to do that, because in freefall it's possible to float around at 40kph and not lose any height.

That's a potential mission spoiler once the players work out how to do it. tounge_o.gif