Sign in to follow this  
ChEB

need help

have been getting a crash from flashpoint that I can't seem to fix. While in the mission editor I be testing a vehicle and after a series of explosions the games goes mute. If i continue to play for little more the game crashes to a blue screen and my pc reboots itself. Has anyone had this problem. I have had some issues with my audio card but its played all my other games such as Half like 2 and Battlefield fine.

My system

xp2500 1.8 gig

1 gig of ram

9800 SE graphics card

70 GB raptor

Latest flashFX installed

The last crashed happened when i was testing when i was testing an a-10 made by diesel http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7022 by shooting at some t80s. It first goes mute then after a little completely crashed to a blue screen then the pc rebooted. When reboot was complete I sent the error report. A window from microsoft appeared saying that the crash was a result of a driver but i did not specifiy which driver. My video card has the latest driver. THe only thing i been having trouble with is my sound card. pls help.

my sound card is sound blaster live but i not sure on the model or if i have the right driver.  I got it about a year ago for 70 us dollars(probably got ripped but it worked fine till i did some upgrades). I haven't paid much attention to it since i didn't thinki i could cause a crash like that. I am thinking about replacing it.

Does your motherboard come with onboard sound? If so remove the SB Live, uninstall the drivers, enable your onboard sound and try that.

I have a Soundblaster Live and removing it to use my onboard sound is the best choice I ever made smile_o.gif

I don't have had any crashes with my SB live, only some crackling sound which goes away when you swith between 3rd person and 1st person views. xmas_o.gif

Blue sceens have nearly always to do something with your hardware.

But maybe your SB live is different from the one I have.

well fixed the problem and all it cost was a new 9800 pro card. oh well at least they dropped in price