Sign in to follow this  
Pimmelorus

ZEUS CTI v1.2 released

I tested the non-coop of zcti everon, and near the end of the game, i decided to build a A10 with LGB to try to attack the enemy base , and when i selected and validated the A10, this appeared immediately

bxcbxcvbc3oc.jpg

Later when the A10 LGB spawned another error message occured with the same kind of sequence, but this time with call FcCasualities (or something approaching) instead of call FcRessources.

Quote[/b] ]Sorry for the misunderstanding, i should be able to fix it myself for my offline sessions, now i understand that it is intended to be like this and is not the result of an AI bug, those settings should be easier to find myself.

If you want to have both teams (so the player controlled and the AI opposing team) with equal possibiities at the start of the game, you should just play the PvP version. The Coop version was made just to give the opposing AI team more of an edge to make games against AI more interesting.

Concerning the Vulcan standing in front of factory; I have seen vehicles standing in front of the heavy and light factories too, but it did not prevent new vehicles to be built at all. My guess is that these vehicles belong to the teams that are set to defend the base; as these teams are where they need to be (base), the vehicles stay at the same spot they were created. I will look if I can make them move away a little so it does not look so silly.

Concerning the error; the function that is giving you this error is used all the time during the mission (it subtracts your resources when you buy something). Therefore, I think the occurence of it in you game was an accidental glitch. However, I'll keep an eye out for other reports on this script. Thnx for the heads up.

EDIT: after a days playing around I can say that the stationary vehicles at base are not as they should be. Ill keep you updated

EDIT2: ok I found what is wrong here. Group information is not passed properly when an AI commander adds a vehicle to a group. Result is that they are not controlled by any AI team. Dang, now I have to release yet another ZEUS CTI version to correct this. Ah well... Sanctuary, thnx again for pointing this problem out. If not for your persistence, I would not have looked into it further.

EDIT: after a days playing around I can say that the stationary vehicles at base are not as they should be. Ill keep you updated

EDIT2: ok I found what is wrong here. Group information is not passed properly when an AI commander adds a vehicle to a group. Result is that they are not controlled by any AI team. Dang, now I have to release yet another ZEUS CTI version to correct this. Ah well... Sanctuary, thnx again for pointing this problem out. If not for your persistence, I would not have looked into it further.

I am happy you figured out what was wrong there,

And noticing the really big improvement in both stability and performance in ZCTI in front of MFCTI 1.16, that is why i am a bit persistent about this vehicle problem .

As i strongly hope to see the ZCTI to replace the MFCTI on most of the CTI dedicaced servers, because of this huge difference wink_o.gif

again , thank you for your great work icon14.gif

Hi all,

I would like to bring under attention the release of version 1.2 of ZEUS CTI.

Hello

I made 2 game on the 1.2 version of the Everon pvp, always under an AI West commander, and here is the report, with the problems i noticed in bold or with screenshots.

-First game 1h30 , all options on their default setting (so OFF), Fast setting :

I noticed in my base absolutely no vehicle parked in front of the light or heavy vehicle factory, at first i thought the problem was totally solved, but after i made an infiltration to recon the enemy location and their defenses, i noticed this :

partie111zq.jpg

Then, during this recon for the first time of this long game i was killed , by a T80 coming in my back during my binocular monitoring.

In that game, at this point i had lot of money as during all the game i built and helped the defense of Montignac (actually we destroyed a lot of invading East armor and soldiers) with some blackops mounting HE machinegun built with a repair truck (with some ammo crate for some Carl Gustav missiles smile_o.gif ), i was certainly lucky to never die during those battles.

Before, all i did was a M60 , 2 JeepMG , a truck to transport my AT squad, and a repair truck , it was enough to capture towns and defend Montignac without dying.

So i decided to build some M1A1 and a AH-64 to monitor things from the sky.

And there i understood why there was no vehicle parked blocking the base : the AI Commander had just stopped working (he never upgraded the heavy factory and never built an airport) , he had an insane amount of money (as i wanted to transfer him some founds, thinking he was out of credits).

After killing him to see if by respawning he would act, unfortunately he was always there doing nothing.

I don't know what can be the cause of this, as there were no error message or stuttering in that long game, and we have never been attacked (as i stopped all the incoming forces in my defense of Montignac)

Then, to end the game i went near the enemy base with a repair truck and built a mortar (as i was full of money) and after creating the waypoint for the mortar targetting , i requested a strike there, but i forgot i was alone and the mortar without gunner, and this error message appeared soon after :

partie123kc.jpg

After that, mounting in gunner (and making a carnage in the enemy base with the mortar), the exact same error message decided to popup every +/-10 seconds until the end of the game .

-Second game +/- 1h30 too , all options on their default setting (so OFF), Fast setting too :

This time , the AI commander was never stuck, he upgraded and built everything.

I tried to play differently (as i died more too), taking towns with a M60 and some M2A2, going back to the base to repair from time to time.

At some point, again at Montignac, we were destroyed when 2 T72 and some AI soldiers attacked (we were fighting the resistance, and the East squad surprised us).

Having enough money, i built a AH-64 (only with 30mm canon, as the AI had not upgraded the AT weapon yet) , and as there were no shilkas moving, we took some towns , killing resistance and East tanks in those locations, making lot of money for myself smile_o.gif

Then after chasing a fleeing T80 , i was stuck under a heavy fire (certainly several shilkas) and exploded in mid air, i respawned in the base.

There i noticed the infamous vulcan parking without moving or doing nothing in front of the light factory and a M60 was in front of the Heavy Factory stuck too and doing nothing.

Remembering the A10 error message from a previous ZCTI , i decided to buy one, to make a carpet bombing of the enemy base i thought to have discovered.

Good news : no error message decided to popup, then i went to the sky (despite having lot of difficulty to go out of the base, as the Vulcans parked and stuck in front of the Light Infantry were blocking a lot of the way out)

After finding exactly the base and making a kamikaze attack with all LGB out on it, i respawned in my base where i decided to make a M1A1 squad to destroy what was left by the LGB rain.

And good news again, the AI Commander had researched everything, no more error happened.

That is all i noticed during those 2 games.

The best point: there was absolutely no stuttering at all (even with the Vulcans stuck parked in the base , and the shilkas stuck parked in the enemy base).

Good job, it is near perfection , i hope those detailled reports will help you to squash those last bugs. icon14.gif

Edit:  Nevermind the rest of this post.... I found what I was looking for here:

..MFCTI FORUM

This isn't specific to Zues CTI, but I figure with some of the issues you've had you may know the inner workings of CTI better than most.

I like playing CTI, but I don't like the selection of units produced by the AI.  When the money starts flowing - it becomes a vehicle war.  I was wondering, if I make the prices of certain vehicles excessively high - like in the millions, would the AI just not build that stuff and make more of the other units, or would it start saving its cash because it thinks its time to buy a helicopter because it hasn't built one yet and the production odds tell the ai it should have built one by now?

Alternatively, I could just remove the vehicles I don't want built I suppose, but i've done that before and it wasn't very easy.  The prices would be an easy simple fix to make to the file.  I was just wondering if it would solve my issue (mainly that I want predominatly men and small tanks built.  

I did the price fix on an older version of CTI like a year ago.  It kept them from builidng the things I didn't want them to build, instead of cranking out more men though (like I hoped for), they ended up building tons of motorcycles and trucks.

Would that happen again?  I guess it would since they would have excess cash

I have had a chance to play and test using the new version of zeus cti 1.2. 1-8th mostly plays the coop ver. of CTI maps, so we played the Nogova version.

Here is the only serious issue we have found so far with the coop version. We can play insane, reg. , DTB and such but we get the same problem. The commander keeps showing up with only 850 resources, like the rest of the players instead of the 9,000. When I play this on my own PC, I do get the 9000, like I should.

I unpboed the mission, and saw in the init file that you have 9000, assigned to the commander when playing at a dedicated server. I am assuming you have a script somewhere else that ends up taking it away.

We do like the fact your version keeps lag down, but not much fun to play an insane mode for coop, and only have 850 resources.

Look forward to future version of Zeus CTI

Ok ill check it out. BTW the troubles that should have been solved in the v1.2 were no solved correctly. Guess I wanted to be fast ...

Thnx for the report

Ok I'm building this WWII CTI for my Server (ofp.ipgn.com.au) and I get these errors atm, doesn't seem to affect gameplay and everything works cept these errors popup,

So what I was wondering is howto resolve them as I no doubt caused them when I was doing the conversion over to ww2 (more then just armor switches)

Could someone let me know were these errors might be resolved in, and what they are talking about. I suspect it could be something in Stats done wrong but I can't be for sure.

error2%20copy.jpg

Alrighty since I didn't get much responce from that I'm working on making it easier to convert this ZeusCTI, so far I have only coverted the code of the Soldier definitions,. It works fine, basicly you just set everything in Stats and be done with it.

Simular to how CrCTI works but a bit different and perhaps a little easier to read. It will take time to get it all going good but if I do get it done perhaps Prommy can include the new code in 1.3, who knows.

Lol ok, plz spare me that i did not jump on your project immediately, but I had too much work on my hands lately to do this.

I really appreciate any changes that you propose to make further addition of addons easier. Keep up the good work and I surely will use it in v1.3 if ready.

I cannot promise you i will take a look at your conversion this week even as i need all my energy for my RL job. Maybe you can further specify in what instances the error messages appear.

Good luck, Pimmelorus

Hey again...I played a bit of PvP Zcti 1.2 today and noticed some more of that wierd "parking" behavior that Sanctuary and I reported some time ago. This time it was a half-dozen M113s and Vulcans in front of the light vehicle factory.

AI commander on Everon, I was playing as Alpha team leader.

Yep you are right, this will once and for all be solved in the v1.3 of zeus CTI. I identified the problem in v1.2, but applied the wrong medicin ;)

well next time give it the write medicin double check it...

Sorry master, will never happen again ... *bows and exits backwards*

EDIT: btw I am working very hard on v1.3 together with PRiME. The goal is, besides removing the 2 known small issues (one of which is the parked vehicles of AI commanders), to present a CTI that is easily configured with new unit and vehicle addons. We have put it as our goal that map makers can even add new upgrade types and, with a little more scripting, add new factory types. So plz be patient; it will be worth the wait.

icon14.gif

With the parking problem solved, i will certainly not touch any non-zCTI anymore as it is alreadfy near to perfection smile_o.gif

Ok, a small update on the v1.3 version. We managed to change the building/vehicle/unit/upgrade info so its easy to modify and easy to taylor to map makers needs. Also the system of declaring base layouts has been greatly simplified, so it will be easier to add new layouts (might make a small editor "mission" that will convert base layouts made in the editor to usable code). The bit that is left is to have the AI functioning with new vehicle/unit/upgrade if defined by a map maker. This is where I am plowing my way through now; dunno when its ready.

Oh yeah, other things I am planning to add:

1. switchable commanders during the game

2. game settings (what normally would be done through votes) determined by admin via a new dialog (admin selected in game lobby)

3. switchable admin during game

Hope that gives somthing to dream about.. ;)

Greetz, Pimmelorus

1. switchable commanders during the game

That feature would be very interesting, if you can make it available for players under AI commander.

When playing offline, i like to explore <s>strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations</s> Everon to take AI towns wink_o.gif most of the time and so playing the infantry often.

But during the game, there are times i would like to replace the Ai commander for a time, before going back to my explorations.

Take your time, i am really looking forward your work. icon14.gif

wow this sounds really good! smile_o.gif

i wonder was it your cti that had buildable boats too? xmas_o.gif

i wish i could put in some good addon boats that could fight eachother well balanced, but there aren't any boats that are balanced against eachother out there what i have seen,

i have tried pauk class , miraje ( mirage) vs the adf freemantle

all of them found on ofp.info.

Eh no, I think you mean crCTI that has boats. But with the changes I am making here it will be up to the map maker to put in units he wants. So I am aming at a flexible system that easily allows new addons and accompanying scripts. But mind you, scripting knowledge is required if you have specific whishes (e.g., a boat on land next to the factory wont be of much use, you have to take care of what happens to it).

Good luck and keep waiting... ;)

I had once posted about a problem with the Coop ver of CTI 1.2. That issues was when playing as human (player) west or east commander, I would not get the 9000, but instead just 850. I made a change in the init.sqs, so that now when I play at a dedicated server or my PC, I can get the 9000.

Here is what was in the original init.sqs near the bottom.

;COMMAND VARIABLES

westPlayerGroups = []

eastPlayerGroups = []

? (local LocalServerObject AND local player): goto "PERSSERVER"

#DEDISERVER

;Evaluate which teams are player controlled and make the data public.

? !(IsNull WestCommander)AND(!Local WestCommander): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westCommanderTeam]; westResources = 9000

? !(IsNull WA)AND(!Local WA): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westAlphaTeam]; westResources = 850

? !(IsNull WB)AND(!Local WB): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westBravoTeam]; westBravoResources = 850

? !(IsNull WC)AND(!Local WC): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westCharlieTeam]; westCharlieResources = 850

? !(IsNull WD)AND(!Local WD): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westDeltaTeam]; westDeltaResources = 850

? !(IsNull WE)AND(!Local WE): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westEchoTeam]; westEchoResources = 850

? !(IsNull WF)AND(!Local WF): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westFoxtrotTeam]; westFoxtrotResources = 850

? !(IsNull WG)AND(!Local WG): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westGolfTeam]; westGolfResources = 850

? !(IsNull WH)AND(!Local WH): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westHotelTeam]; westHotelResources = 850

? !(IsNull EastCommander)AND(!Local EastCommander): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastCommanderTeam]; eastResources = 9000

? !(IsNull EA)AND(!Local EA): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastAlphaTeam]; eastAlphaResources = 850

? !(IsNull EB)AND(!Local EB): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastBravoTeam]; eastBravoResources = 850

? !(IsNull EC)AND(!Local EC): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastCharlieTeam]; eastCharlieResources = 850

? !(IsNull ED)AND(!Local ED): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastDeltaTeam]; eastDeltaResources = 850

? !(IsNull EE)AND(!Local EE): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastEchoTeam]; eastEchoResources = 850

? !(IsNull EF)AND(!Local EF): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastFoxtrotTeam]; eastFoxtrotResources = 850

? !(IsNull EG)AND(!Local EG): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastGolfTeam]; eastGolfResources = 850

? !(IsNull EH)AND(!Local EH): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastHotelTeam]; eastHotelResources = 850

goto "JUMP"

#PERSSERVER

? !(IsNull WestCommander)AND((!Local WestCommander) OR (WestCommander == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westCommanderTeam]; westResources = 9000

? !(IsNull WA)AND((!Local WA) OR (WA == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westAlphaTeam]; westAlphaResources = 850

? !(IsNull WB)AND((!Local WB) OR (WB == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westBravoTeam]; westBravoResources = 850

? !(IsNull WC)AND((!Local WC) OR (WC == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westCharlieTeam]; westCharlieResources = 850

? !(IsNull WD)AND((!Local WD) OR (WD == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westDeltaTeam]; westDeltaResources = 850

? !(IsNull WE)AND((!Local WE) OR (WE == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westEchoTeam]; westEchoResources = 850

? !(IsNull WF)AND((!Local WF) OR (WF == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westFoxtrotTeam]; westFoxtrotResources = 850

? !(IsNull WG)AND((!Local WG) OR (WG == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westGolfTeam]; westGolfResources = 850

? !(IsNull WH)AND((!Local WH) OR (WH == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westHotelTeam]; westHotelResources = 850

? !(IsNull eastCommander)AND((!Local eastCommander) OR (eastCommander == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastCommanderTeam]; eastResources = 9000

? !(IsNull EA)AND((!Local EA) OR (EA == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastAlphaTeam]; eastAlphaResources = 850

? !(IsNull EB)AND((!Local EB) OR (EB == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastBravoTeam]; eastBravoResources = 850

? !(IsNull EC)AND((!Local EC) OR (EC == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastCharlieTeam]; eastCharlieResources = 850

? !(IsNull ED)AND((!Local ED) OR (ED == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastDeltaTeam]; eastDeltaResources = 850

? !(IsNull EE)AND((!Local EE) OR (EE == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastEchoTeam]; eastEchoResources = 850

? !(IsNull EF)AND((!Local EF) OR (EF == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastFoxtrotTeam]; eastFoxtrotResources = 850

? !(IsNull EG)AND((!Local EG) OR (EG == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastGolfTeam]; eastGolfResources = 850

? !(IsNull EH)AND((!Local EH) OR (EH == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastHotelTeam]; eastHotelResources = 850

I changed it to look like this.

;COMMAND VARIABLES

westPlayerGroups = []

eastPlayerGroups = []

#PERSSERVER

? !(IsNull WestCommander)AND((!Local WestCommander) OR (WestCommander == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westCommanderTeam]; westResources = 9000

? !(IsNull WA)AND((!Local WA) OR (WA == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westAlphaTeam]; westAlphaResources = 850

? !(IsNull WB)AND((!Local WB) OR (WB == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westBravoTeam]; westBravoResources = 850

? !(IsNull WC)AND((!Local WC) OR (WC == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westCharlieTeam]; westCharlieResources = 850

? !(IsNull WD)AND((!Local WD) OR (WD == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westDeltaTeam]; westDeltaResources = 850

? !(IsNull WE)AND((!Local WE) OR (WE == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westEchoTeam]; westEchoResources = 850

? !(IsNull WF)AND((!Local WF) OR (WF == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westFoxtrotTeam]; westFoxtrotResources = 850

? !(IsNull WG)AND((!Local WG) OR (WG == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westGolfTeam]; westGolfResources = 850

? !(IsNull WH)AND((!Local WH) OR (WH == player)): westplayergroups = westplayergroups + [westHotelTeam]; westHotelResources = 850

? !(IsNull eastCommander)AND((!Local eastCommander) OR (eastCommander == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastCommanderTeam]; eastResources = 9000

? !(IsNull EA)AND((!Local EA) OR (EA == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastAlphaTeam]; eastAlphaResources = 850

? !(IsNull EB)AND((!Local EB) OR (EB == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastBravoTeam]; eastBravoResources = 850

? !(IsNull EC)AND((!Local EC) OR (EC == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastCharlieTeam]; eastCharlieResources = 850

? !(IsNull ED)AND((!Local ED) OR (ED == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastDeltaTeam]; eastDeltaResources = 850

? !(IsNull EE)AND((!Local EE) OR (EE == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastEchoTeam]; eastEchoResources = 850

? !(IsNull EF)AND((!Local EF) OR (EF == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastFoxtrotTeam]; eastFoxtrotResources = 850

? !(IsNull EG)AND((!Local EG) OR (EG == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastGolfTeam]; eastGolfResources = 850

? !(IsNull EH)AND((!Local EH) OR (EH == player)): eastplayergroups = eastplayergroups + [eastHotelTeam]; eastHotelResources = 850

When I played the game after the change, I did not notice any problems. I admit I am no expert at scripting, but I figured that I needed the ==player when playing as commander at the server. Hope this helps others that had trouble like I did with the Coop ver. I do like the fact this is less laggy, and wanted to be able to get this playable at our server.