Sign in to follow this  
Apollo

The youth of today

Quote[/b] ]Socrates would kill himself out of disgust with the species if he saw the current generation of IM/SMS/ricer/pop culture/wigger kiddies.

Yes well ,Greek time ... ,but what have we learned of Sparta's political society?

In Sparta ,only men over 60 were allowed to conduct politic's ,and every younger person had to abbide and respect that.result? Sparta politic's stayed ultra-conservative to the die hard end ,the demisse of their society largely due to that political structure.

Lets see ,do we know other institutions that only put on old monuments as leader's, Ah yess.... Catcholic church ,that Church that wan'ts to be progressive and modertnize because their churches run empty ,but in the end come up with rediculous conservative point of views like the condom being a tool of the devil. (try to sell that to the south African goverment)

My conclusion is that most elder people are simply scared of evolution ,they see modern changes of wich they only wish to see the nagative point's because they do not want to addapt to it anymore ,they are to tired for changes.

I'm pretty sure said generation of youth will have trouble tying their shoelaces, much less be able to speak/read coherent English in order to read what it says on their voting slips.

hi2u2 omgwtflolbbq1!!111 ^^

Quote[/b] ] Parents on strike!

Cat Barnard says she's tried everything to get her two kids to help around the house and "participate in the family."

Bribery hasn't worked. Bargaining hasn't worked. A gaggle of psychologists and child-rearing experts couldn't help.

Pitching a tent in the front yard and going on strike, however, may just be the key. Just two days after starting the stunt and attracting global media attention, she already has a promise from one child to improve.

"If nothing else, I think the embarrassment might get to them," Barnard said to a group of reporters and cameramen crowded around her Wednesday.

Barnard, 45, and her husband Harlan, 56, got the idea to go on strike from a radio talk show Harlan heard years ago. They laid out what she calls a "war plan," which included stocking the refrigerator and cleaning the house before moving outside.

Monday afternoon, Kit, 12, and Benjamin, 17, came home from school to find their mother in the driveway, seated at a small table under a red umbrella with signs next to her reading "Parents on Strike" and "Seeking Compassion and Respect."

West Volusia News-Journal

........and about time too mad_o.gif

My conclusion is that most elder people are simply scared of evolution ,they see modern changes of wich they only wish to see the nagative point's because they do not want to addapt to it anymore ,they are to tired for changes.

..while young people don't have the experience to recognize the negative points at all, but still want to fix things that aren't even broken.

Lord of the Flies, anyone? wink_o.gif

its one of the mums with a Pick up Monsters. smile_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

I've been planing for the day my parents went on stike. That why I took cooking at school. To eat and eat again wink_o.gif