Sign in to follow this  
DKM Jaguar

M113 Based ADATS

Very nice Jag! I remember when you were just starting out with texturing/modelling and showing your work in the DKM IRC channel, youv'e made huge improvements. Thrilled to see your'e skills developing!

Top job! smile_o.gif

Hi There Jaguar

Mighty impressive piece of kit! smile_o.gif

I'm a long time fan of the Canadian Operation Northstar add-on pack/mod that has been driven principally by PowerSlide and Sigma. Presently I am endeavouring to help get development up and running again in the New Year - and from my mission-making experience air defence is something that OFP Canucks are sadly lacking!!!

I'm sure that the ONS team and fans such as myself would be grateful if you would consider allowing them to make use of the ADATS in the full-conversion release that they are so close to completing.

ONS would be the perfect showcase for it! biggrin_o.gif

Anyway - I must stress that this is not a formal approach as I am loosely involved with the mod.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Best regards,

TermiPete

for an snow camo just do the snow piling up on it.

like in keg's winter pack..

That is what I am aiming for with this, the fine powdery snow tends to stick to the vehicle, like white dust, while the tracks sink to the ground level and pull up mud and fling it across the hull, something I have yet to do in the textures.

I am trying to aim for a balance of the amount of snow a vehicle would have fall on it, while also trying to make it blend reasonably well with the surrounding terrain so in a mission a player cannot spot a vehicle from a mile away.

Also it is worth noting that the tracks and roadwheels have not been touched by me, as they are the BIS ones. Suitable replacements will be found, and those will receive the neccersary texture effects.

Ag_smith: could you please be more specific? smile_o.gif (I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, as the vehicle is practically white :P, or if you're saying it looks TOO dirty)

I of course post these pictures so that you can have constructive input and ideas towards them, so your comments would be appreiciated.  smile_o.gif

Termipete, I too am a fan of the Operation Northstar work, I am infact basing my M113 on a canadian vehicle for that very reason, and I would love it to be used alongside their units.

Some of the model is not mine, the ADATS turret and imaging equipment is Carnage's so I would need to speak with him before I can make any comments, and originally this was planned as a DKM ADATS pack, not just an M113 ADATS. Plus ON have not shown any interrest themselves, so perhaps they do not wish to use it, which is fair enough.  smile_o.gif

Thanks for all your comments.  biggrin_o.gif

My comment was in regard to this picture. The textures on the side of hull look kind of greyish and that's what makes it look little bit dirty in my opinion.