Sign in to follow this  
quibbly

Cheating in OFP

I have heard there is a cheat for the new version of OFP, but I have no clue what the cheat is? Is it a God mode, texture remover, wireframe mode, unlimited ammo? What gives?

Quibbly,

Quibbly's Game Domain, Pure T-3

Quibbly@quibbly.com

someday: www.quibbly.com (when I write it)

Rumours of unlimited ammo.

It has been reported to BIS, they are looking into it.

Fade is also a message you receive if someone tries to join the game with a "Warez" version. Anytime I see the "Fade" message, I ban the user's ID.

no body is gonna buy you saying it causes fade....I remember posting a trainer awhile back that gave you infinite ammo and rapid fire and I didn't want to try it because of the risk of fade but someone else did and said it works in multi player also......LOL...super fire with M60 in multiplayer...better watch out........ tounge.gif

Cheaters suck!, they ruined the MP in the Delta Force series. I'm glad BIS is trying to put a stop to it. Unlike Novalogic, they didn't do a thing.

Tyler

There was one person on my server that caused every player to die istantanious. This happened right at the start of the game where it would be absolutly impossible to seek out our chinook especially when we were on the other side if the map (miles and miles away). After this cheater wiped out all of my soldiers the moron left the game.

If only games today could be coded to detect any cheat even ones that have not been created. One possible way to do this would be some kind of intergrated software where the games engine monitors every aspect of data. One could even develop some sort of mathmatical formula to calculate and detect impossible plays. One example of this concept would be the monitoring of a players position as well as direction. If the player is facing away from the enemy, yet the enemy is shot and killed, this would be an impossible feat and the player cheating would be kicked.

Developers have to out smart the hackers and create an entire new way of handeling these lame idiots. I know, eiser said than done. Another option is to constantly provide code updates to always remain ahead fo the hackers, or atleast make it to where it would be a pain in the but to keep their hacks current. If the hackers want to code their junk, then so be it, but at least they could be glued to their seats scratching their heads looking for work arounds on a full time bassis.

Maybe that's why bis is not releasing an SDK for ofp?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rogue2020 @ Jan. 11 2002,06:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">no body is gonna buy you saying it causes fade....I remember posting a trainer awhile back that gave you infinite ammo and rapid fire and I didn't want to try it because of the risk of fade but someone else did and said it works in multi player also......LOL...super fire with M60 in multiplayer...better watch out........ tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

FADE wasn't fully implemented in earlier versions of OFP, and will probably get tweaked as the game evolves. It doesn't surprise me that a trainer worked with V1.00 and V1.10, for example.

And an M60 with unlimited ammo doesn't scare me, since it would only be of any real benefit during continous full-auto fire, in which case the M60 can't hit the side of a barn...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LeadPoison @ Jan. 11 2002,06:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There was one person on my server that caused every player to die istantanious. This happened right at the start of the game where it would be absolutly impossible to seek out our chinook especially when we were on the other side if the map (miles and miles away). After this cheater wiped out all of my soldiers the moron left the game.

If only games today could be coded to detect any cheat even ones that have not been created. One possible way to do this would be some kind of intergrated software where the games engine monitors every aspect of data. One could even develop some sort of mathmatical formula to calculate and detect impossible plays. One example of this concept would be the monitoring of a players position as well as direction. If the player is facing away from the enemy, yet the enemy is shot and killed, this would be an impossible feat and the player cheating would be kicked.

Developers have to out smart the hackers and create an entire new way of handeling these lame idiots. I know, eiser said than done. Another option is to constantly provide code updates to always remain ahead fo the hackers, or atleast make it to where it would be a pain in the but to keep their hacks current. If the hackers want to code their junk, then so be it, but at least they could be glued to their seats scratching their heads looking for work arounds on a full time bassis.<span id='postcolor'>

The best way to deal with this problem is a true client-server architecture. Decisions would only be made on the server, which would prevent client-side cheating. The problem is that it presents a performance bottleneck...

There will always be cheaters/hackers. They are immature fools that deserve to drown in their vomit. Nonetheless they will be around. Its good that BIS is doing something.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

And an M60 with unlimited ammo doesn't scare me, since it would only be of any real benefit during continous full-auto fire, in which case the M60 can't hit the side of a barn...<span id='postcolor'>

Amen to that, brother.

I love playing as MG, but the M60 is a beast!

I've heard of this trainer too, though I've heard it has several other features not already mentioned. It's not good for OFP to have MP cheats floating around but personally it doesn't worry me because I only play on servers with friends where I know there wont be cheats.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LeadPoison @ Jan. 10 2002,23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There was one person on my server that caused every player to die istantanious. This happened right at the start of the game where it would be absolutly impossible to seek out our chinook especially when we were on the other side if the map (miles and miles away). After this cheater wiped out all of my soldiers the moron left the game.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't be so sure this was a cheat. We have seen a similar bug in co-op lan games. Here is what happens:

Game starts, everyone starts running around. One person's game gets out of sync, and he doesn't see anything happening (he sees everyone just standing around). He gets bored. He throws a grenade at the ground. Suddenly, everyone gets killed. Everyone gets pissed at the out-of-sync person for being a team killer. The out-of-sync person claims that no one was doing anything. Finally it all gets sorted out and is funny. Haha.

I remember the first multiplayer game I ever played it froze up for me like that and I killed everyone after a frustrating 10 mins. I guess they could have been pissed off but the game never unfroze.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (quibbly @ Jan. 10 2002,17:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Fade is also a message you receive if someone tries to join the game with a "Warez" version.  Anytime I see the "Fade" message, I ban the user's ID.<span id='postcolor'>

careful, if the person conected and did not have a required addon, he disconects onhis end but the server still shows him online, then he conects and there is ow two of him, the fade msg displays but nothing happens to the user. it's just bug, you'll see this Malboeuf (2)

dont ban those ones

when the just conect and it goes off, give em hell

I understand getting rid of cheats in multi player but you have to admit it's fun to cheat and fuck around....not anything as stupid as instant kill everyone but it's damn fun to fuck around in other ways.....anyway in single player cheating is fun...in any game it is...yeah sorta pointless in some games but most it's just fun......fuck challenge.....I can't stand FUCKERS like fatman on extreme mode in medal gear solid 2....it pisses me off so bad I want to rip the FUCKING house down.. wow.gifmad.gif  mad.gif .....can i beat it without cheating?...yes just fine but it's not worth the stress.....