Sign in to follow this  
BoweryBaker

Quality voice acting sounds pack

One of the reasons i like the flashpoint engine is because BIS allowed for I guess you'd say dynamic voice files played from a soldier with the lip syncing and you can do your own files. Well with a little scripting this can go a long way. Get a scripter to make you up a script to where if your squad numbers are down to like half, one of your guys says "We got to get the hell out of here. We're at half strength." The only problem is, how do you know he won't die? So but anyways, my idea is for a pack of voice files that could go with basically any mission just for us mission editors. Quality voice acting to incorporate into our missions.

Good idea smile_o.gif

For the dying soldier thing, you have a list of all the soldiers in order. The script would check to see if they're still alive or not, and if they aren't, continue on to the next guy, all of which would be done by the processor in a few milliseconds.

The harder part is making sure it works properly in MP... if it's used in MP.

Hey, if you guys over at unsung discuss this, please make the scripts and files available to the community.  I'd very much enjoy this.  I tried taking on a voice file project myself, it took off a little bit amongst the gamespy crowd.  You can download it here if you want.  It was more serious themed than all the other voice packs for more serious missions.

Hey, if you guys over at unsung discuss this, please make the scripts and files available to the community. I'd very much enjoy this. I tried taking on a voice file project myself, it took off a little bit amongst the gamespy crowd. You can download it here if you want. It was more serious themed than all the other voice packs for more serious missions.

very nice sounds biggrin_o.gif

Only prob is that its easy to get kicked on MP. cuz mostely all servers got a limit on 30-40 kb or soemthing.. sad_o.gif

Well you can use them in missions. You don't have to use them for mp games, but rather for in missions if you want a guy to say something, or perhaps the radio man to broadcast something from another team. There's some good ones in the flashpoint campaign and resistance campaign too.