Sign in to follow this  
nubbin77

Nubby's Template version 1.0

Matty, a link to 1.1 is in the first post. Make sure you use only in the MultiPlayer editor.

I have no idea what would cause an error with the description.ext except unless you tried this in single player or do not have the correct addons (only 2 needed).

Quote[/b] ]

Keycat, make sure that your mirror uses version 1.1.

Fixed!

Quote[/b] ]

(there are almost 50 enemy groups in this thing right now).

As nubbin already mentioned adding to many groups will bog down your computer! My Group Link II script performs some heavy checking/calculations on each group and the units in it (that on top on OFP's default AI routines). Unless you have a monster PC don't init to many groups. Matter of fact it's not really needed to have tons of AI groups when using GL II since they will reinforce each other across the whole island.

Also reading thru the README.TXT I spotted this...

Quote[/b] ]

I currently have a teleport function in the radio (courtesy of Keycat).

Actually that particular script is courtesy of toadlife and he should also have some of the credits since it was his original Group Link script that got me started. Without his initial work done I don't know if Group Link II ever seen the light. So credit where credit is due tounge_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Nubbin,

Awesome template! It is frustrating to have the enemy mortar me into oblivion, but I understand that DOES happen in warfare biggrin_o.gif

I'm having a lot of fun with your creation and can't wait for some great MP missions to be forthcoming from people!

Hey, I didn't think anyone was interested in this anymore. There's actually a few things I should update on the template - one being that Keycat has a newer version of the Group Link script out. It helps alleviate some of the "excessive" artillery called on your team. I'll try to work on an updated version this weekend and tone down some of the opposition, since most of the complaints I've heard are in regards to lag.

I think part of that is due to my style of play vs what some others may do. My brother and I tend to be somewhat meticulous when we play - clearing areas before we move on. But one time we played and tried to bypass a lot of stuff (but still spawned the enemies) and it bogged down after a while with so many units hunting us down. The other thing that can trigger a lot of the enemies is if you call in air support and the helicopter / plane passes through a bunch of trigger zones (because it's triggered by West = Present).

Here's a question - what do you put in the Condition field of a trigger to make the trigger activated by a player? I haven't been able to figure that one out yet.

Another project I have started is a Player vs Player project that uses a multigroup control function like in CoC's CE (but a simple version). Basically you go head to head with someone and have control over 5 groups (of whatever you want) and maneuver them against your opponent. Each side also has about 15 groups that are spawned to defend vs your opponent. It works really well, but my brother did complain about lag - I'm not too sure if it was because of the network updating or if its the amount of units in the mission, because I don't have any lag whatsoever in single player with it.

Anyway - now that this is back on the first page, I guess I'll do some more work on it.

I'm definately still interested in this! Sorry I can't help you with the trigger question though. I have only a VERY limited knowledge of scripting and mission making.

sometimes stuff can get laggy in mp that works decently in sp,

depends on if its scrips and amount of a.i's and if you got tons of high poly addons involved biggrin_o.gif anyone tried to fill the screen with 20 bas blackhawks know what i mean tounge_o.gif

That's definately part of the problem - my bro and I use EECP. I don't have the slowdowns that he does but that's probably due to 2 reasons - I have a faster computer and I am the server.

I've been working with CoC's AI on Demand functions and Network Services 2. I don't know which will be better for lag - although the CoC guys are super excited about their work (I am too) and the Bastige Island is an amazing example of having a lots of units on the battlefield at the same time.

I have incorporated a couple more things into another template - so I may end up with 2 seperate versions. Some features of the new template include:

* CoC's AI on demand functions (instead of deleting groups then respawing with triggers).

* CoC's Network Services 2.0 (although I am not entirely sure what benefit it is adding to the template right now).

* Control over multiple groups - works in multiplayer (but not sure about more than 2 players).

* Keycat's most updated Group Link

* most of the original features.

The problem is I'm working 7 days a week now and I don't have much time to play with this. So it will probably be a while before any new releases.

Here's a question - what do you put in the Condition field of a trigger to make the trigger activated by a  player?  I haven't been able to figure that one out yet.

If you know what group the player will be, you make the trigger part of the player-group and have 'this' in condition field. But if players might be different groups and you still want any player to set if off then I think you need to use '<some object> distance player < <some distance>'.

EDIT:

The description.ext problem is caused by line 10

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#include <SNYSptPack\dialogs.h>

which points to a file not in the download zip.

nubbin,

Glad to see something w/ SOW in it!  smile_o.gif

Two things:

First, there is an updated SOW coming...  Shoudn't be any major changes to your mission.

Secondly, I can host your mission also if you'd like

smile_o.gif

Thanks Crash and Rune. The next template release will have several changes, including the latest version of SOW (when its publically available). But I don't foresee it coming for quite some time.

I messed around with the beta that rune sent me last night. One great thing that I could not figure out for the life of me before that demo was how to add money to your bank account for successful mission completion. That was an excellent addition to the latest version. I'll be out of town all week, but when I get back I'll start trying to "break" the mission to help with any possible bugs. Thanks again guys - looks good so far.