Sign in to follow this  
ThudBlunderQ8

Ferret news? Please?

Swift88/ PUKF...or even Oberon

This was the last conversation in an A&M D thread specifically devoted to the Ferret:

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Mr Burns @ April 20 2004,20:42)

Quote (SWIFT88 @ Feb. 24 2004,23:03)

a couple of weeks still, ive got the rocket version to do

any news

it´d have been to good to be true if the ferret was released already...it´s becoming something like a ofp-unicorn

unicorn maybe ........ however im still working hard to squeeze all the bugs out..... Im sorry. Im not gonna garentee a release date because its only a side-lined production. In comparison to my other work

..Although I believe a picture was seen elsewhere within these boards since April.

Is there any news/hope?

yours in patient, pleasant anticipation

Thud

^spamming...

The story of the Ferret is becomming a very complex one.

A lot of people worked on it and it never really finished. The last news is what you quoted. AFAIK it only needed some LOD's to be fixed and that was that. Some people had the beta-version and showed pictures of it.

It's a shame that a vehicle with such great textures and a very nice model was never released.

Blackdog was working on one too, but there was never a Ferret released I think rock.gif

hehe, blackdog worked on the same ferret. Like I said; A LOT of people worked on it.

It was the same? crazy_o.gif

our man Lilty is gonna have a final look over it... And if its ready im sure it will be released in the near future

it looks a lot like a "car" in the dkm ukpack

You mean the Fox wink_o.gif

There are a lot of vehicles of this sort, most of them are British smile_o.gif

Been away over the weekend, as Swifty said I've been tinkering with it whilst working on the Land Rover pack.

I'll be giving it a look over tonight to see what's left, if anythin, to be done with it with an aim of getting it released ASAP wink_o.gif

Who has had a hand in it so far?

I got the model from Blackdog, I believe that Sigma did the config and got it in game and of course Oberon3D created it and the textures. Who else has a finger in the pie as it were, how long is the list of credits going to be in the readme?

That'll bring yet another big "thankyou" from me. Don't really mind whose fingers have been in the pie, so long as I get a chance to put my driver and commander in their rightful places!

Must go and play with the FDF Vigilant to get ready for this little wonder...

I'll be giving it a look over tonight to see what's left, if anythin, to be done with it with an aim of getting it released ASAP wink_o.gif

That's great news smile_o.gif

Just keeping it fresh... (I'm biased - the Mk2/6 was the first AFV in which I had a cabbie, followed immediately after by the Saladin...)