Sign in to follow this  
Batstat

OFP Goty; the days are numbered?

sad_o.gif

This are from my mailing with Codemasters last week.

"We will check with the programmers of our e-shop with regard to allowing you

to order more than 20 games. Unfortunately supplies of the game are limited

in Norway as we no longer manufacture the game."

...No longer manufacture the game? I'm sure they can do what ever they want, and when they want. Still I dont need to aplaude it.

Please BIS can you find a another solution, and at least ensure that the game can be sold as long custemors ask for more?

April thread: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....0;st=15

Regards

Ps "we wil check with the programmers..." ? What does it tell you about the quality of e-shop system? Never heard about meta data, configuration etc.

I would doubt that any more discs will be made unless there is some kind of re-release. I'm sure the can make more whenever they want, but starting up a production run is an expensive and risky business, particularly for an old game.

How about convincing Codemasters to rerelease OFP GOTY as a budget title? Almost all big publishers have game collections, budget series, etc. This would ensure that even more people try the game - and thus prepare the ground for OFP2 in 2006. The more people have tried & know OFP, the more will think about buying OFP2.

The main problem with OFP is that many people still don't know it - or never tried it. A budget release could change that (as we already see by the people who still join the community day by day).

OFP Goty WAS re-released as a budget title in a yellow box. When i bought my goty there was the original goty and the budget goty right next to each other in the shelves. I bought the original goty cause it had the prettier packaging and manuals included and i think i read somewhere that the budget title only had pdf manuals.

Hopefully Codemasters will release OFP as advertising for OFP 2 like Hidden and Dangerous. I think they'll make a lot of that since OFP is more or less a forgotten game, sadly enough.