Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

M21 and SVD fire power

No, the M-21 had many match accurizing tricks done to it. For example, a match grade barrel as opposed to its military barrel and a glass bedded stock.

The ART-2 scope on the M-21 is superior to the pso-1 scope on the original Dragunov.

I had always thought that Dragunov had designed, and subsequently, the USSR had deployed, the SVD as more of a designated marksman's rifle, rather than a dedicated long-range sniping platform.

Something which nobody has mentioned, but which is a big factor in my choice, is the zoom of the M21 scope. I find the flexibility a great benefit.

I too thought the Dragunov had more stopping power. I hadn't really noticed it till somebody mentioned it and I even did some (very unscientific) experiements to check.

But when you are as crap as me, the extra ammo just seals it. tounge_o.gif

ofrp released sometimes ago their formula to caculate directhit, indirecthit & indirecthitrange of ammunitions in ofp ( Here, in french )

svd => 7.62X54R - 7.62mm Nagant => 4065 j

m21 => 7.62X51 - 7.62mm NATO => 3319 j

direct hit:

bis values=10 (same values)

svd => (4.065^0.25)*8=11.3

m21 => (3.319^0.25)*8=10.8

indirect hit:

bis values=2

(4065^0.5)/25=2.6

(3319^0.5)/25=2.3

indirect hit range:

bis values=0.1

(4065^0.5)/500=0.13

(3319^0.5)/500=0.12

those values respect superiority of the dragunov

You are exactly right, it is a designated marksmans rifle.

who cares.... in OFP it doesn't matter! you only need GUN, ENEMY and AIM  tounge_o.gif

And SVD has easy to use scope  biggrin_o.gif

fig12.gif

here is distance for target 400  tounge_o.gif  figure out rest by your self  tounge_o.gif first time i saw this scope in OFP i said WTF and searched internet for information  tounge_o.gif lol US sniper will pick up this SVD and he will say WTF! i'm too stupid in math.. i cant shoot from this  wink_o.gif and if russian snipers takes M21 he will say this is so simple and will throw it away  biggrin_o.gif

so learn how to use SVD scope or you wil be killed when you are trying to figure out! how to use it  tounge_o.gif

And why you need larger magazine? sniper rifle is not Machine gun  tounge_o.gif never thought to take M21 because it has more ammo ;