Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Silent-Hunter III

I saw this game's trailer one day, and i was attracted by it right away. However, i have never touch any submarine sim before, so does anyone has good suggestion about this game. i did search this forum and found nothing.

Is this a good game or just another eye candy smile_o.gif

It looks surely promising wow_o.gif , and it will be released tomorrow ( if my magazine date is correct smile_o.gif )

SH3 official site

check out the video smile_o.gif

Good luck. I hope someone posts to this thread and gives you a good response, but with the current decay of this forum I doubt it.

By the way, I love your avatar.

Haven't played it myself yet, but I've heard good things about it - and submarine sims have their own appeal. You need a lot of patience and you need to plan a lot. And just when you line up for the shot at the fat merchant a destroyer makes a dead run for you...

I've enjoyed sub sims since the first Silent Service came out ages ago, but mind it's no fast action you can expect.

I will definately try it. Although the gfx play a minor role in sub simulations this one looks very promising. Along with the multiplayer feature and the step backwards into WW2 era it will be a nice game I hope.

I had little issues with the recent sim´s that simulate modern subs. All that daemon waterfalls and sonar identifying kept me really busy...along with programming tomahawk routes...

I´m glad this one is WW2 only. Should make it a lot easier for us weekend captains to have some snifty destroyer hunts or sub duels. I remember silent service. Those were the days...lay you sub on the ground, expell some oil and stuff and hope the pinging stops after some hours biggrin_o.gif

Definately looking forward to this one.

Use the existing thread please (searching for "silent AND hunter" found it very easily).

IceFire if you don't like it here you have options, sitting whinging is not one of them.