Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Skyscraper Pack

Tommorow I will be releasing a World Trade Center that I made. The rest of the pack will be released at a later time.

Promo.jpg

WTC1.jpg

WTC2.jpg

There will be a both High Res and Low Res version.

The one you see now is High.

Those are only Beta shots, and I will need to fix them alot more for tomorrow's release.

I hope it will be treated tastefully...as in no one posting photos of them crashing C130s or Airbus's into the buildings in our photo section.

A nice tribute SpecOp. can't wait.

Maybe instead having an Airbus flying towards the towers, then a fighter blowing it up crazy_o.gif

Looks good. Is there anything inside of them, like a super-tall ladder?

A few notes,

The High Res versions are designed to be for screenshots, and just to view.  Unless you have a super fast computer, you wont be able to play a game with High Res buildings.

The High Res buildings also have individual lights.  So when it's night time, it will look like random lights are on  the buildings windows.

The Low res skyscrapers will be a little less detailed, like something you would see in one of Agent Smiths packs.

and no there is no super tall ladder.

I could make an invisible ladder where you can crawl up. But that would take ages to climb, when all u need to do is fly a chopper to the top.

and jump off biggrin_o.gif

pretty cool stuff, specop, i'm looking forward to it, btw after you release the wtc towers, are you going to post new screens?

umm isn't the huge mast missing from one of the towers?

ya thats what i was just thinking i think its a TV tower

anyway looks good, make sure u give it sharp faces

Looking good, It would be cool if you can make a NYC island with the statue of liberty and all. Realistic locations arent the subjects for allot of islands, it would be cool if u made one.

Any of you remember that kuwait island someon was making a while back?? The island and a pic of the real thing including a unique mosque and coastline were identical.

Like Washington DC, londo, moscow, etc would be cool islands to make for some police, swat, or spy missions.

umm isn't the huge mast missing from one of the towers?

yes the communications radar will be built today on the left tower smile_o.gif

Updated Screenshots

WTC3.jpg

WTC4.jpg

I wont be able to finish this addon today unfortunately as I have other things to do.

I will try and get it done today, but am unsure if I will be able to.

*preppes Antonov 124*

naw i won't , no cruel jokes! shame on me!

Specop, are you going to do the "next" WTC too? that would be uber!

and can't you make a really really really really really hi res version wich is completely enterable ? with animated doors , elevators , stairs, coffee machines..... ?

Unfortunately making a high res trade center really screws things up. So the High Res and Low res thing is called off.

Instead I'm going to make an interior to the buildings and also an exterior. However both wont be together.

Mission makers will need to insert a script, where if you enter the doors of the Buildings, you will warp to an interior of the building elsewhere on the map. If you walk back towards the enterance, you warp back outside. The script will be included.

This sounds stupid and cheap, but really helps prevent some major lag for major cities.

I'm not sure exactly how much will be included in the pack, but I'll make as much as I possible can.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I for one won't be downloading this addon. You don't have to have a degree in international relations to figure out what most people will be doing with it the second it's downloaded sad_o.gif

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I for one won't be downloading this addon. You don't have to have a degree in international relations to figure out what most people will be doing with it the second it's downloaded  sad_o.gif

maybe so but its also a good way to simulate the 9/11 and work out a way to kill the theorists and not the buildings maybe he will make the building indestructible  to stop people from doing what your saying i think OFP needs more building. but on that note if your saying you wont d/l it because of people blowing it up what the f**k did you get OFP in the first place as its a war game lots of killing and i will bet my life more people have died in OFP then the 2 towers. just think every time you fire you weapon some one out there is getting shot (if your a good shot that is ) this may cause people to think about Vietnam, WW2, WW1, Golf, and many others so international relations are being breached all the time.

Have a nice day

I agree with wizzywig.

The entire world is a tragedy in itself.

Not to sound evil but I did have to fly 747s into the buildings to get the size of the buildings accurate. (without clipping though)

And even if people did try and fly planes into the building, their plane would come to a complete stop once the tip hits the building and they would blow up. But the WTC would remain good as new.

are you going to include the smaller buildings that were around the towers? is wasn't just the twin towers.

rock.gif how about a Spanish train set, a collection of western embassys, some russian schools, tourist restaurants and the pentagon?

I cant see any good use for this addon and so I wonder if it was made in the best of taste. However I agree with wizzywig - war as a game is in bad taste so anyone who plays OFP can not speak against this addon without being somewhat hypiocritical