Sign in to follow this  
darkpeace

Tool to rip required addons from mission files ?

Tool to rip required addons from mission files ?

Does one exist ?

Then I could just index which missions need which addons in a large database.

From there I could say which addons come in which addon packs (build a list)

Then there would be no more (or less) issues with new players and finding those addons.

Since BAS died, its been hard times

Any ideas ?, Is one out there ?, That can dump to text output ?, can someone skilled enough with reading the mission files code one ?

Also the ability to find missions made for older versions would also be a damn useful tool.

If anyone from development is reading, please at least include this in OFP2. (improve on it if possible)

I tried to do something like this some time ago. I used cpbo from Kegetys Hisky for this, but it has problems with compressed pbos and/or subfolders. I just saw this though.

Nice tool benu even if its not a console one.

This could easily be used to do anything with addons and missions automatically... very nice wink_o.gif

I do have console based tools for linux to read .pbo and .bin files.

If there is any interest in this I could release them I suppose..

There absolutely is. If you can't host them i would. Just mail them to me.

crazy_o.gif  Argh benu, the tool you mentioned destroys all normal file structures while extracting... even kegetys cpbo does so sad_o.gif No changing of files possible only exchange

crazy_o.gif  Argh benu, the tool you mentioned destroys all normal file structures while extracting... even kegetys cpbo does so  sad_o.gif  No changing of files possible only exchange

I figured out it does not decompress the files. Is there anything out there which does so and can be controled from console?

Salisans tools contain the source, you could try to compile them for windows. I did not have the time to test them out yet though. Thanks for them, salisan.