Sign in to follow this  
su13zer0

Vehicles jumping/bouncing/vibrating in multiplayer

What would make this happen? I have addons that replace original vehicles. Only the vehicles that I replaced with addons are effected. Only happens in multiplayer, singleplayer is fine. My addons do not have config.bin files in pbo's. Only textures are changed via addons through a super config.bin file. Plz help.

high ping? a slow internet connection especially affects vehicles (desync can make it quite hard to hit a moving vehicle, it can get really shifty)

but the whole business of changing vehicles' textures seems quite suspicious to me ...

Suspicious? What wrong with changing the textures to make the game look better? Your implying that all addons are suspicious becasue that's what addons do - change textures. And, no, my problem isn't becasue of lag...

Suspicious?  What wrong with changing the textures to make the game look better? Your implying that all addons are suspicious becasue that's what addons do - change textures.  And, no, my problem isn't becasue of lag...

What version of the game?

I have 1.96. I play CTI alot. For example, I use SIG's t72 and t80 models/textures for east tanks (SIG_72B.pbo the 2 I use). They almost always shake/bounce/jump/vibrate. It's really annoying. Like I said before, it's only other people's vehicles, not mine. It is not lag. I also use CBT's M2A2 model/textues and it does NOT have any problems (CBT_Brad.pbo).

OK so...I use texturep3d and find out what textures the model uses. Take only those, fix any directory entries if needed, then use MakePBO. Change my super config entries to point to the pbo file and all works fine in singleplayer. All I'm doing is telling OFP to use this model instead of the standard one right? Why should there be any problems in multiplayer?

Again, the pbo's I use have only the p3d file and textures, nothing else. The M2A2 model is a little different i suppose. The M2A2.pbo has the config.bin file changed to point to CBT_Brad.pbo.

When the t72 or t80 spawns in the game, it is 1 or 2 feet above the ground.   And it stays that way throughout the game. Maybe that's what the problem is?  Anyone know how i can change this?

this is an OFP bug. if u hop in a jeepmg, even in SP it begins bouncing up front to back. now this would be an interesting bug if we could force it to happen and then make the perfect GTA conversion tounge_o.gif but unfortunitly this is just an OFP bug. ive seen tanks that spawn aout 3m below the ground and some that spwn inside small houses. the geometry isnt read by OFP until the vehical is altered (IE: engine turned on, wheels turned left or right ect ect)

Vehicle shaking appears often to me, when I have very low frame rates.

A really stupid bug.....

MfG Lee *waiting for an ofp engine upgrade patch* sad_o.gif

Ah well..I guess improved uniforms and guns models are good enough thus far. Thx for posting.

Anyone got a good link or file name for realistic sounds?

Search A&M:C for sound addon/mod, it's not difficult smile_o.gif

Your troubleshooting thread has reached the end of it's life, now you must go out into the world and find further answers yourself smile_o.gif