Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

Game will not install!

Well it finally came today, but the problem is that the installation progress stops at Data.pbo.. then it just sits there and sits there...

what the #### is the matter??

the cd looks perfectley clean, so I doubt its that.. so, what do I do?

OK I tired the 4-1 drivers, did NO good, it still just stops at Data.pbo, also I totally lose the CD-rom and have to reboot.

this has NEVER happened with any other game or software,

this is bullshit.

ok here is a little update:

I tried copying the CD to my harddrive and install it that way, the copy process gets hung just like this installation process.. on the same goddamn file!! DATA.pbo..

I still dont know what the hel! to do.. this is bullshit of the highest order,

Im going to go run some errands for a while before I throw this motherfucker out the window.  Maby Ill try reinstalling windows.. that will be fun  wont it.. sonofabitch! mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  

OK I'm still a green pea but I had the same probb it seems that ofp was allready running in the background so it wouldnt extract that file .Go grab the cd off the street when you work out the buggs you will be glued to your pc like we all are.Uninstall anything that is opf related and start over you will be happy when you get fraggin.

My 2 cents Shocker_rob

Isn't data.pbo pretty big? Maybe you aren't waiting long enough? Worse comes to worse, you can boot to DOS, load CD-ROM drivers and copy the file over...

Isn't data.pbo pretty big? Maybe you aren't waiting long enough?

Ok for the benifit of the doubt I went ahead and let it sit for HALF AN HOUR, when I cam back I had

File Read Error:

D:\Flashpoint\DTA\Data.pbo

Im now going to do a full format and reinstall XP...

this better better work too, or me and BIS and CM or whoever are gonna go round and round.

Wouldn't it be possible to drag over the installation files to your hd, and install it from there? confused.gif

DOn't go picking fights with BIS. You need them more than they need you right now.

Could you give me the following info:

Motherboard model and/or chipset model

CD-ROM brand/model

Also, do you have another computer/cdrom drive, maybe cdr that you can check if the CD is ok or not? The CD is the real one, right? Don't be fucking around with warez.

ok for some odd reason it seems to be my CD-rom drive.. this makes no sense because with every single other cd I have mine works great.. but will not copy the date.pbo file no matter what, so I went down to the computer downstairs and copied the CC to a shared folder and am now moving it to mine via the LAN, so hopefull it will install fine from my harddisk.

maby it has something to do with my Cd-rom being a DVD rom.. maby its less forgiving of blemishes than the one downstairs.. who knows..

ok, here is an update..

THE GAME INSTALLED!

woohhoo.. and it works, I just hope that installing it from the harddrive insted of the CD wont cause any of the 'FADE' *snicker* to kick in or anything, im dling all the updates now..

likewise wobble i cant use my plextor writer to read from for loading games in i get errors right left and centre if i use my ordinary rom i get no probs and thats with most games =[[[[

I had a problem with my CD and DVD when they were attached to my secondary IDE port on the MB. Programs wouldn't install, DVD's would stutter and skip, very annoying. When I switched them over to my IDE controller card the problem went away and I haven't had any problems with the ZIP drive and the HDD now connected to that secondary IDE port. For what it's worth I had a Phillips DVD and I can't remember the brand of the CD-RW.

You might try moving your ribbon cables to another port if you have one and see if the problem goes away.