Sign in to follow this  
edc

Laptops

Thanks for your reccomendations.  I was leaning a little towards the Toshiba before I posted here, and this definately confirmed it.  I'm posting this from my brand new Toshiba A75-S206 via my wireless network! smile_o.gif  So far everything has worked really well, though I've yet to try any games.

SpecOp9, you are wrong about Dell.

I wasn't expecting something too fancy when we got another computer. But hell, it was $700 and it came with one of the latest GeForce cards, 512mb of ram, and a FREE FLATSCREEN. If and when this computer fails, I will probably get a dell as I can't be arsed anymore to build computers.

They completely rely on commercials and ads to sell their product.

Welcome to marketing 101

Well let me go a little more deep.  

They rely on making commercials "woo" you into their product.

McDonalds: "try our new healthy salad with healthy tomatoes"

*behind the scenes*

"There are plenty of idiots in the world, they think McDonalds is an unhealthy thing to eat.  I have an idea, let's make McDonalds sound, look, and taste healthy with this new health campaign. Thus getting a greater audience of people to purchase food from us, giving us more money."

Burger King: "Wow, thats a great idea what McDonalds is doing.  We should do the same!"

Scion commercials: Take a look at this fast, hip-hop silver car.  The commercial is cool, so maybey the youth will buy this new car brand.

No.  I never will have commercials trick me into their stupid ways of = Making Money.

Same thing with male enhancement pills, and other paid advertisements.  

"We will pay you x amount of cash, if you let us put our crap product advertisement on your station."

Same deal with PS2.  Nobody else even came close to catching this =

The moment PS2 was announced, and games were being shown, there was not ONE game that showed actual "gameplay" using teh PS2.  They showed a bunch of CG animated cutscenes from games like Kessen.

Not only that, but Sony is definately not STUPID enough not to create enough copies of PS2.

They are smart enough not to provide the U.S. with enough copies for everybody.  Thus creating a massive number of people to go ape shit for PS2.  So the people who see this on news reports, and magazines, and see photos of people waiting in line to get their hands on a PS2, makes them say:

"Hey, this Playstation 2 looks like the real deal.  Everybody wants it, it must be incredibly awsome."

It's a great marketing strategy by Sony.

XBox on the other hand, they did'nt play any stupid tricks like that.  Infact, a few months ago XBox topped PS2 with number of copies sold.

That's why I hate fake products.  Show me proof that the thing works exactly the way you say it does.

These bastard companies will stop at nothing to get the green out of your wallet.  Why else would they be here for?

don't watch tv.

rather than convincing people to buy products commercials serve more of a purpose to just let it 'get out there' and float in people's minds.