Sign in to follow this  
InqWiper

Error message

I am trying to make a script but one line is so long that the error message doesnt fit on the screen so I can read what the error is. Does anyone know a way to see the whole error message?

i dont think theres a way.. have you tried making the line smaller by removing unnecessary code?

I dont think I can remove enough to make it fit on the screen.

Drats..

Hm maybe you could post the line of code so we can see what the problem is?

I fixed the problem. I changed some of the code to something much shorter which I was gonna change back later. The |#| wasnt exactly where the problem really was so I was trying to change the code at the wrong place. The problem was that I had typed markersize instead of getmarkersize.

Thanks anyway smile_o.gif

If someone knows a way to see the whole error message please tell me because it would be useful in the future  smile_o.gif

Im using 1600x1200, I cant get it any higher in OFP. The text line was 500 characters long anyway tounge_o.gif

You can always break your line of code up into individual functions, if it gets to big:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_REMOVE_HOSTILE={((Side _Detect) in ([_Index,FO_HOSTILE] Call FO_GetIndexStatus))}

_REMOVE_UNIT={_Enemy=_Enemy-[_Detect,(Vehicle _Detect)]}

_REMOVE_GROUP={_Friendly=_Friendly+(units (group _Detect)); _Enemy=_Enemy-((units (group _Detect))+[(Vehicle _Detect)])}

_CHECK_THREAT={If !(_Threat) Then {If ((_EnemyKnows>_ThreatLimit) Or (_Distance<_ThreatDist)) Then {_Threat=True}}}

_INVALID_UNITS={((Side _Detect) In [(Side _Observer),Civilian]) Or (Call _REMOVE_HOSTILE) Or (((Vehicle _Detect)==_Detect) And (Count (Crew _Detect)==0))}

_ALL_TARGETS={If !(Alive _Detect) Then {Call _REMOVE_UNIT} Else {If (Call _INVALID_UNITS) then {Call _REMOVE_GROUP} Else {Call _CHECK_THREAT}}}

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Call _ALL_TARGETS

Any error message will only include the function code that causes the problem.

You also have the problem in OFP of each error being overwritten by the last. Really need to be able to output debug info and script errors to a text file.