Sign in to follow this  
brat

Spetsnaz MVD by D.R.F mod by Malahit

I know here comes some russian i will post russian text and  they(russian) will translate sorry. biggrin_o.gif

sorry that forum dont @know@ russian i will ask my friends for translate

Thats all  think what you whant  the texture was taken from Ghost Rekon and he edit it (contast , britnes ....)

why you think so?rock.gif?rock.gif?

today may be will be all text in english

moderators please close this before it turns into a flamewar again. we really have nothing more to discuss we stand by our point.

NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Do not close this thread! Let brat speak out.

The DRF guys need fair treatment. Let them air their side please.

Malahit asked me to translate this message for you:

Quote[/b] ]Malahit:

I was accused of "stealing" something from RHS.

Here's my explanation what really happened.

http://www.drf-mod.nm.ru/works/drf-recon.jpg

On that picture you can see a texture from Ghost Recon. I took camo texture from there (enlarged it, increased contrast and several other minor changes), also textures of a grenade pockets and helmet. I did that, I won't deny that. I am sorry if I offended original GR authors of those textures. But I have not taken anything from RHS and it is not my problem if they "stole" their textures from the same source and tried to pretend they were theirs. I don't care about all that racket that RHS created for no particular reason. My job is making addons and I think RHS should stick to it too, instead of

making those baseless accusations.

Ok that seems like a pretty fair explanation but with another look at the pictures you notice that the arms are darker than the torso textures, on both pics, that is a bit uncanny isnt it?

I know crap all about textures but youd have to be blind to miss that.

Pic1

Pic2

The arm textures are dark whilst the body textures are lighter, on both pictures, with two units made by two different mods, that cant be coincidence!!  crazy_o.gif

Jeez even the boots and the chin strap on the helmet look identical.

Tim

Thank you Antichrist for clearing the situation up.Indeed every team that would feel their work was stolen in this case RHS would get a little paranoied but asking to close this thread makes no sense as they raised an accusation and the DRF mod has all the rights to reply to it.

This problem goes all the way from BAS era.Everyone thought they were working on VBS1 after they`ve seen screenshots of the product.Well I`d like to be the one who says it a Littlebird will always resemble another Littlebird made by diferent teams-I`ve seen this kind of similarities in entire diferent games that cover the same conflict.

Both teams should move past this incident and in the future should try to contact eachother before making possibly unfounded accusations.

TIM PINK

cus they take from Ghost Recon

But if the used textures were really taken from GR nobody would have the right to claim them there own rock.gif , i think it would be wise to leave the thread open so we can hear both sides, if the discussion is made in a civil manner ofcourse.

Quote[/b] ]TIM PINK

cus they take from Ghost Recon

Shadow NX has shown were the original textures of the RHS infantry pack came from, a jacket he took photos off and i think owns.

i think there'd be a noticable difference in his textures and the GR ones.

So now i guess your going to blame RHS for stealing textures, stop trying to lie your way out goddammit

mad_o.gif

Tim

they want the take it not our problem... biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Tim .... keep the tones civil or the mods will close this topic... lets just hear what each side has to say without making my ears bleed... smile_o.gif

Tim .... you forget Russia really is a "free country".... people dont go to jail for stealing video games much less stealing textures for a mod... smile_o.gif

Watch your language Tim Pink. We had enough of hard talkin on this and other threads. Communicate without offencive tone.

Sorry guys, i mean i know russia is a "free" country but come on, what happened to morality,

Ive edited the offensive launguage out of my posts but just looking at the pictures seems proof enough that there are practially identical.

Tim

If you was know who from professionals take MODELS and textures from GR you was saying him bad words wink_o.gif .

i know some one i was upset ghostface.gif

when I said free... I meant really free..... the point you made about morality... well why would most Russian kids buy a game thats $50 bucks instead of buying a game for $3 to $4 dollars instead and something they can afford ... its not right to think that they can afford the $50 genuine versions.....

Tim Pink it`s a known fact that modders in this community use work taken from other games to aid their development.Many respectable figures have admited of using work from Counter-Strike,Ghost Recon,Mircro**** etc. or mission makers who use artists music as it is done in other gaming community also.After countless debates I think we moved passed this,leading to either "look the other way and enjoy the free work" or "don`t download it" choices.

i dont know how to take files from over games i just know from OFP  sad_o.gif .

but the question about that the RHS sad that we stole from them!!!!

and on ofp.gamezone.cz  look the news what they writer about us!  mad_o.gif

i take textures from our games by doing pictures in geves and the edit them in photoshop that stealing? lol

go to jail for stealing textures ? gimme a f00king break...

tim pink, taking from GR and saying that you made that texture = bad, taking from GR and making another addon saying that texture was taken from GR = not stealing...otherwise, every GR modder out there is thief..

personally, I couldnt give a damn about who's textures are...I want addons! and if DFR mod is releasing them instead of bullshiting around - then they are the good guys..

Quote[/b] ]Tim Pink it`s a known fact that modders in this community use work taken from other games to aid their development.Many respectable figures have admited of using work from Counter-Strike,Ghost Recon,Mircro**** etc. or mission makers who use artists music as it is done in other gaming community also.After countless debates I think we moved passed this,leading to either "look the other way and enjoy the free work" or "don`t download it" choices

I see your point Quicksand, but my point is the models look exactly the same, DRF say that there textures are from GR but RHS says they are from a jacket and pants Shadow NX owns, how can this be.

Like Avon said :

Quote[/b] ]Both sides can't both be right.

Those uniforms are cut from the same cloth

@NKVD

Quote[/b] ]go to jail for stealing textures ?

Ok that was an overreaction, got carried away  tounge_o.gif