Sign in to follow this  
agentkiller12

MY first moddeler attempt

well guys...I just tried to make my first addon....ive got a moddel of a video tape of for grabs...if Anyone wants it PM me

show us some pictures smile_o.gif

Glad to see your getting into the editing.

OK....here they are O2_videotape.jpg thats the Videotape (i know it sucks :P )

logpile2.jpg And heres the logpile...might be too big...it kinda sucks too...but ithey need textures..so they are up for grabs!!!!!!!! wish my luck on more small addons :P

Do you have a digi camera? If you take a picture of a video cassette (all sides), and maybe if im feeling nice, ill make em into some textures......  wink_o.gif

The important thing is not how good your 1st attempt is, but that you make that 1st attempt, so, well done!

Thanks! biggrin_o.gif i hope i become a good moddeler...just theres one problem...how do i make the addon so i cant walk through it? andi t needs a config...and no i dont got a digi cam

Thanks!  biggrin_o.gif  i hope i become a good moddeler...just theres one problem...how do i make the addon so i cant walk through it? andi t needs a config...and no i dont got a digi cam

With the Geometry LOD, duplicate the first LOD and make it a Geometry LOD wink_o.gif

Practice makes perfect biggrin_o.gif

I painfully remember my 1st modelling attempt way back in August 2002, i tried to jump in the deep end by making a MiG 23....fair to say it never got finished biggrin_o.gif (it was wonky LOL) but if you keep going, you will get alot better.....the 1st 2 weeks are the hardest, after that the learning curve gets less steep. There is alot of help out there if you need it as well, in the O2 boards and at ofpec (www.ofpec.com), dont hesitate to ask if you need help.

Ok...a Small blue cross apeared...is that supposed to happen?  rock.gif

Don't know, I don't really like O2 maybe these tutorials help wink_o.gif

Ok...a Small blue cross apeared...is that supposed to happen?  rock.gif

Blue cross? I dont remember any blue crosses sad_o.gif , can you take a screenshot of it? wink_o.gif

OK....thanks for all the support!!!! Its really helping!  biggrin_o.gif \

ill get a pic of the blue cross now

sorry for the times i was a dickhead  tounge_o.gif

ok...the blue cross isnt tere anymore :\...but anyway...i make the geom lod after i duplicated...so i think i did it right

good to see u start modeling

k

the blue cross represents as far as i know the center of mass

which mean u can balance the object

ok...the blue cross isnt tere anymore :\...but anyway...i make the geom lod after i duplicated...so i think i did it right

Then I think you did it right.

Ok well Geo Lod needs the following to work.

Go "window" and open up the "named selections" window. Go into the Geo LOD. Select the whole model in that LOD. Right click in the Named Selections window and create a new one called "Component01"

Hi agentkiller12,

Why are you giving your work away for anyway? If someone has offered to help with textures etc then take them up on the offer.

Nobody here would expect you to produce ground breaking models ect as you are just beggining but just keep at it.

I got so far as to produce a crate but had problems trying to add textures but i still feel the urge to try again (just don't have much time or patience).

Hope you finish what you have started and press ahead.

PH

Im bad at configs and textures  sad_o.gif  lets hope pathy will help me convert this texture so we can get the show on the road!*HINT HINT*  tounge_o.gif im working on a jawa tent so far looks pretty good ill get a pic ASAP!

Jawatent.jpg there we go

Hi again agentkiller12,

You can make models so that makes you (potentially) one third of a team.

All you need is to find yourself someone who can texture and someone to write configs and away you go.

The best thing to do is ask on the forums and help is sure to arrive so be possitive and keep going.

I would offer my own help with the configs even though i am still learning but i have to leave soon for Germany for 3 weeks.

PH

I will happily help you with some textures but ive no interest (and no time) in becoming part of your mod, ok. Send whatever it is you want me to convert and i'll see what i can do smile_o.gif

Oook.......got done with textures...it looks like crap... tounge_o.gif

but maybe someonee kind enough will make me a config for it?

biggrin_o.gif