Sign in to follow this  
suma

Use checkfile on single files

After receiving one PM I realize the method described has a serious limitation:

It assumes all players use HW T&L. If not, it will report modified files. Even checking some files inside of Data3D or Data can be unreliable because of this - selection of all pbos inside of HWTL folder (Data, Data3D and Merged) depends on whether the player is using HW T&L or not.

I hope still admins will find some clever use of this filechecking method.

Two more questions regarding the hwtl issue:

1) what does flashpoint preferences check for exactly when it determines whether to enable hwtl or not? What kind of graphic cards would run WITHOUT hwtl?

2) i have heard that (some/all?) windows dedicated servers do not use hwtl, regardless of the value of HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L"; in the flashpoint.cfg. Now i have heard of one linux server that does not use hwtl either. Ours does. What setting could determine if the server uses HWTL or not? Could some kind of command line parameter switch off hwtl? Some kind of setting? I went through flashpoint.cfg, server.cfg and userinfo.cfg and could not find something that seems to affect this other than the HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L"; setting.

1) what does flashpoint preferences check for exactly when it determines whether to enable hwtl or not? What kind of graphic cards would run WITHOUT hwtl?

Preferences check some D3D caps bit of the graphics card driver. OFP exe than check the HW_Type line only, and selects appopriate data based on this line. This means you will get data from HWTL folder when you have HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L" in Flashpoint.cfg no matter if your card supports HW T&L or not.

Quote[/b] ]2) i have heard that (some/all?) windows dedicated servers do not use hwtl, regardless of the value of HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L"; in the flashpoint.cfg.

I think I have a bad news here - based on source code inspection I think ded. server (even created from normal exe with -server option) always ignores this line and never uses data from HWTL folder. This should be true for both Linux a Windows server.

First off i want to say that you really have to use BACKSLASHES in those checks. While Slashes work for filechecks they do not seem to work for checking inside pbos.

And second: we are checking all the files in the merged.pbo on our linux server and never get modified warnings (which we should have if the server does not use hwtl, cause all players use it). Now i connected without hwtl and got those warnings:

http://gdt.game-server.cc/html/content/merged.jpg

BTW: we start the server with -nomap and -server...

Quote[/b] ]And second: we are checking all the files in the merged.pbo on our linux server and never get modified warnings (which we should have if the server does not use hwtl, cause all players use it). Now i connected without hwtl and got those warnings:

This sounds confusing to me and I have no explanation for this. The only thing I can imagine could be this - if you have merged.pbo placed not in the HWTL folder, but rather directly in the dta folder. If not, I really do not know how this is possible, as the ded. server ignores the HWTL settings (unless I am not understanding the Linux server built process and options right, which is also possible, as I am no Linux expert).

merged.pbo exists only once on the server, in res/dta/hwtl/merged.pbo:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">find . -type f -iname merged.pbo

./res/dta/hwtl/merged.pbo

What i can tell is that we use the minimal server setup, ie only worlds and res folder and some pbo from the res folder removed (sound and some textures). And that we use the 196 beta server (not sure if anything has been modified when 196 went official).

Other linux server admins don't get it to work and i couldn't really find any significant difference in our config files.

Other than that finmod was running during those tests. But i just rechecked without finmod running and it still worked.

to Suma:

And how to be with those who changes a path to config.bin(cpp) in EXE-file??

For example I so am able, and many times wrote to you and Maruk, and on support@bistudio.com about it a way, but any actions of you in this occasion I do not see.

Probably you simply did not see my letters then write to me in private the e-mail where I can personally inform you about the operating time in this sphere.

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Other linux server admins don't get it to work and i couldn't really find any significant difference in our config files.

This is getting stranger by the hour. I just checked md5sums of all server files on my server and on one linux server where it does not work and they are the same?!?

Is there some flag in the config that marks the server as a client so that he uses hwtl?

I will do more testing as time permits, but i don't really know what could cause this.

to All, Suma, Maruk:

Having given today a pair of minutes OFP, I have found a simple way of protection from CHEATer, changing g36a, steyr or other offical addons from \res\addons\*.pbo.

It is necessary to make one simple thing:

Copy all text config.cpp from all .pbo files \res\addons in global (\res\bin) config.cpp (-> config.bin).

So it is possible to get rid of several ways known to me CHEATing.

I and have made it, but I do not have time and programs to convert config.cpp in config.bin without mistakes.

_

P.S. Sorry for my English.

I don't get it, how or why would this change anything?

WHAT I DONT GET IS WHEN THE FUCKS THE NEW PATCH COMMING OUT CUS AM GETTING SICK TO DEATH OF THIS BULLSHIT?

Why should BIS release a new patch? They are working on OFP2 and OFP Xbox right now, and Codemasters isnt supporting OFP anymore -> BIS cant release any new patches.

WHAT I DONT GET IS WHEN THE FUCKS THE NEW PATCH COMMING OUT CUS AM GETTING SICK TO DEATH OF THIS BULLSHIT?

if they made a new patch for this type of cheating the cheaters can rip it apart and change the way the cheat is used with in a matter of hours

understand now?

Why didn't you say it before?

Nice idea! But will only work if the admins know how cheats functionally work!

But it's a good advise for the next times...  wink_o.gif  thx

First add to checkfile to prevent red and green soldiers and that anyone dont have trees (dont forget to have the merged.pbo on the server!):

merged\00000.paa;

merged\00001&krovi4.paa;

merged\00002.paa;

merged\00003krovi2.paa;

merged\00004krovi2.paa;

merged\00005krovi3.paa;

merged\00006krovi3.paa;

merged\00007mc_vojakw2.paa;

merged\00008mc_vojake2.paa;

merged\00009mc_vojakw2.paa;

merged\00010mc_vojake2.paa;

merged\00011&str_fikovnik.paa

For further more prevention of cheats add folowing line for each common used weapons on maps:

g36a\config.cpp;

m16\config.cpp

to be continued

for example:

checkfiles[]={

"g36a\g36.p3d",

"g36a\g36_gear.p3d",

"g36a\g36_optics.p3d",

"g36a\g36_a.paa",

"g36a\g36_b.paa",

"g36a\g36_c.paa",

"g36a\m_g36.paa",

"g36a\w_g36_a.paa",

"g36a\g36_lod.pac"

};

Feel free to add your own, therefore it is an include.

A basic public checkfile you can build on or use as it is. wink_o.gif

But propably any more will cause more messages you cannot confirm.