Sign in to follow this  
Goetterfunke

DUNE Conversion Engine :   Skinners wanted

This is a demo, where you must build an HQ, build a Spice facility and a Spice collector

the Spice collectors will search Spice and you'll get more Cash to train Soldiers and build Vehicles

attack the enemy Base when you are strong enough

The missing Thing are some Dune-like Skins for Buildings and some Units !

We won't make new models, cause there's no tool to import them yet !

But it should be Fun anyway to play

The goog thing is the strategy, where 2 players will be able to play against each others, and everytim it will be different !

not like in a perdefined mission, where 1VS1 is boring

to enter the menu press the action-menu button

then select a submenu with your forward or backward key on keypad and press action-button again

to build, you need enough spice and enough space

to train soldiers, go near barracks , elite Barracks or field hospitals and select in action-menu

you can train different soldier types there

if you can do skins and like  DUNE, then post here or contact on ICQ 122825582

this "MOD" neads no SDK or something and should be finished int 4 weeks

download:

http://www.k-foren.de/attachm....=242627

any questions?

OMG!!!!!! THATS ONE OF THE BEST WORK I HAVE SEEN!

It has a kind of Red Alert 3D style lol

Well i enjoy that alot (and its only a DEMO!!!!!)

And Keep up the good work man!

Thats one nice stuff

Im looking forwards of all your addons

Everything you make MUST come to my hard drive

Got ur Flame THrower, Artillery, and this what else have you made?

Thanks

Keep up the good work

It’s not spice its Soilent Green like the movie. For those that have not played, you dig up graves, and that’s the spice. Doing two-player kind of fun too. I’ve been playing it as multi player with respawning back into the troops that I’ve created MUHAAAA

This was a Great One

Buuuuuut, I got an error.

SoldierEB=(units (dummy) select 1) |#|;[soldierEB]join Grpnull; soldierEB move [_xpos,_ypos,0]':Error Zero divisor

Hope this can help you, it didn't kick me out. Ofp just wrote it out at the top of the screen, and it never faded away.

hmm.... you have OFP 1.4 installed ?

you need 1.4

did the message display from the beginning or after 1 minute playtime ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

hmm.... you have OFP 1.4 installed ?

you need 1.4

did the message display from the beginning or after 1 minute playtime ?

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I've 1.4 installed.

It came up after a few mins of playing. But it never crashed something for me. Just stood there.

And something more weird happend, I think. All of a suddden my money was gone. Weird, or do I have to pay the soldiers paycheck?

Another strange thing. I ordered one of my soliders to enter as a gunner in one of the harvesters(M113), and the harvester went crazy. He tried to drive through the spice keeper-house. So I ordered him out of the harvester and he stopped trying that and went to a spice-field.

A harvester accidently got into the water, and there he couldn't move anymore. Because he's throttle are always on half-power.

hmm... seems you are the only one with this error problem

and better don't command your troops in a spicecollector

wink.gif

this is just a preview version...

also better don't build s.th. on spice !

no skinners or webmasters here?

Not sure how other people are running this mod but it works great for me. I use "stuffpbo" and make one PBO file "dune.intro.pbo" and add to MPmissions. Once you realize the diff submenus "name" and get the buildings going loads of fun. Sometimes because the forward/back keys cycle the menu selection it can hang because of too many sub-menus in action menu. And yes you can change cash for spice or any other thing you want ext. price to build. starting cash. What I’d like to do  (and can do) is change the collectors to the medic vehicle and start picking up all the corpses that pile up in front of my fort.  Now what is the tag for "corpse" (toon after dead) found "body" but that has to be initialized at start. Looking for tag of AI when dead in game.

Side bar. Anyone have de-complier that will open a  1meg sqm.  Think that’s the problem I have not sure. See thread: attached

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....2;t=147

omfg...this is perfect =D ...would b awesome in MP! , u can b like 2 builders and more soliders =),then u can build ai =>

just an idea....i really want this mod when it comes out =D

/Sulter biggrin.gif

Once I get Goetterfunke permission I can send c0-0p MP player Dune demo. Or I can just send to Gotterfunker team? Each peep has ability to build there own base. One base mines green spice other red. And believe me you need all the help you can get against the enemy.

Bucko out

ok has respawn . ( into your created troops) . and more starting cash. pbo_file is only 15kb zipped

I think you should have respawn in it. Because yesterday i had used 45 minutes for building up my perfect base.

I was about to attack......When an enemy sniper decided to make a headshot on me from 400 meters. That was rather depressing because in my eager to play i had forgot to save the game sad.gif