Hi,

is it possible to place mines on a bridge? I've tried on the bridge near Levie,but they appear under the bridge (on the grass of in the water) when the mission starts..

Did you 'setpos' them to the corect height? If not, the use the following:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">mine setpos [(getpos this select 0), (getpos this select 1), XXX]

And replace XXX with the height that you want.

Did you 'setpos' them to the corect height? If not, the use the following:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">mine setpos [(getpos this select 0), (getpos this select 1), XXX]

And replace XXX with the height that you want.

thanks

how do I know the height of the bridge of Levie?

well i nkow nogova is about 15-16 in height for objects   start from that number and test it   ;)

BUT!! it depends on the time of day, cus the tide in OFP rises and falls during the course of the day.

Is there a bridge near Levie? rock.gif

EDIT: What are you talking about, you gotta learn your OFP geographics better m8. biggrin_o.gif

your right

it's <span style='color:red'>Davle</span>

I just done a test, and I find two things that I never noticed before.

Firs test:

I created a mine on the bridge and I played with the setpos comand, it was no where to be seen in that bridge, so I placed about 20 mines along the bridge, all of them with hights from 20 metres to 200 metres difference. Again, no signs of them, so I look under the bridge and I finded them on ground level, ignoring the setpos comands, conclusion, they just fall through the bridge.

Secon test:

I created a game logic and placed it with this setpos comand

Quote[/b] ]This setpos [(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1), 20]

Then I created a trigger activated by radio alpha and I placed miselfe infront of the game logic to see the mine performance, go to radio alpha and the mine appears like about 3 metres from the bridge, not going anyway.

I been lowering the metres down to 19.02, here the mine appears at about 1 metre from the bridge.

If I low the game logic to 19.01 the mine will be ider berried in the bridge or underneath, so I go to the editor again and make miselfe a tank comander, run over the mines position, but nothing happaned, but if the mine its floating one metre over the tarmarc it will explode when it gets runed over by the tank.

Take your own conclusions.

Regards.

@CERO.

use setpos command m8:

you select a mine from normal menu, and you put this in the command bar:

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) +?(the hight of the bridge)]

lol,,,

levie is THE bridge!!!  biggrin_o.gif

Firs test:

I created a mine on the bridge and I played with the setpos comand, it was no where to be seen in that bridge, so I placed about 20 mines along the bridge, all of them with hights from 20 metres to 200 metres difference. Again, no signs of them, so I look under the bridge and I finded them on ground level, ignoring the setpos comands, conclusion, they just fall through the bridge.

Read first M8

The setpos comand will make them fall to ground level

That's why in my second test I camcreated them.

@CERO