Sign in to follow this  
Scanzee

Higgens turn around

Hi, i'm making a Dday mission and I placed some Higgens boats of the new WWIIEC pack in front of the beach. I made a "transport unload" waypoint at the beach but when the boats get close to the beach, they turn around and drive along the beach before they unload the transport. Is there a way to get the boats straight to the beach without turning around? I hope someone can help me.

Thanks,

This is a bug in OFP AI. I'd suggest giving them a boost of good ol' setvelocity and see if that works. Mmmmm, setvelocity, colours, beautiful colours! tounge_o.gif

this might be due to a lack of appropriate AI pathing at the location where you want to let them disembark. Are you working on a custom island?

Maybe you can use an eject script (those for paradropping should work fine) in the onactivation field of a MOVE waypoint instead of a TRANSPORT UNLOAD waypoint.

I'm using the Normandy island from pertii. I thought about an eject trigger to eject every unit but it is to much work. Is there a script to eject them all at once?

To exec it, put a move WP and on activation

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[this] exec "eject.sqs"

Now for the script. It's by footmuch I think (edited by me):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_helo = _this select 0

_allcrew = crew _helo

? (count crew _helo)<=2 && !isnull driver _helo && !isnull driver _helo :goto "DONE"

_array = []

"if (_x != driver _helo && _x != gunner _helo) then {_array = _array + [_x]}" foreach _allcrew

_allcrew = _array

? count _allcrew == 0 : goto "done"

_c = 0

#eject

_man = (_allcrew select _c)

?!alive _man : goto "skip"

unassignvehicle _man

_man action ["EJECT",_helo]

~0.3

#skip

_c = _c + 1

? _c != count _allcrew : goto "eject"

#done

exit

Thank ya all!

but is isn't working sad_o.gif This script is for a helo but i need it for a boat. Can this be the reason?

no because _helo is just a local variable that can be changed to _bannana and still work right.

You sure you execd it like [this] exec "script.sqs" and not

this exec "script.sqs" ?

the brackets [] are important.

Yes i did it like that. But now i did it another way, I set the fuel to 0 and used setvelocity so the boats can't turn.

Now it works fine.

Thanks.

Nice, Mr Zig, I've always used that script where you have to put the group's name and helo as params in your exec code, but this one is better.

Everybody who's in cargospace of the vehicle will be ejected ,except the driver and gunner.It doesn't matter who's in cargo.

Maybe the ~0.3 is a bit too fast tho...

grtz

B.

Try the WAYPOINT >>> ALL disembark (higgens crew includes too)

fighter

smile_o.gif